38 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2014 10:17 AM by AMMO_MAGNET RSS

Getting False Reported.

biggirl123

Let me first start out by saying that i have NEVER cheated or used any modified equipment in any way to benefit my game play. I am a legit tenth prestige with a 2.4 kdr ( never dashboarded ). It seems that almost every week there is one idiot or even groups who when i play against them and win by landslides usually, they report me. I have heard people saying they have reported me ( many times), and am kinda becoming concerned as to what Microsoft and Mods will do. I don't want to get banned for no reason at all because of people who just jump to conclusions an let assumptions get the best of them.

• Re: Getting False Reported.
          JTerk498

If you're legit, I don't know as I probably haven't played against you, they won't do anything. After they review your games and find nothing wrong, they will leave you alone and look into the reporters for false reporting... Because of the lag in this game, if you're good, the lesser skilled players can and will report you for having a real good game. I've had it happen before, and got suspended once for 3 days only because I have slower internet and they thought I had a lag switch. So I wouldn't look too much into it, and you shouldn't worry, as long as you're legit, Microsoft and Activision won't do anything to you.

admunday

There are some sad people in the game.  Apparantly I got reported earlier in TDM for boosting as another member of the clan I'm in joined the game, however in the opposite team.  He got me twice, I killed him once, we both went very positive!

Some people look for any reason to explain their failures, pretty sure IW are sharp enough to sort out the bad losers from the genune complaints.

ukscorpz

I've lost count the amount of times I've been called a modder or a cheat.  I've never done it nor know how to so just ignore them.

If you've not done anything then you have nothing to worry about!

It's just butt hurt players who don't like losing.

starbuckfrack

It doesnt matter if they file a hundred reports. If you did nothing wrong you wont get banned.

AMMO_MAGNET

For me the issue is stemming from something in the connection. I am not as good as you, TDM kd is about 1.9 but if the connection is on my side and I am up against inferior players it will appear to them as though i am cheating. For example walking into a group of 4 of them ghosting all 4, and not dying. I know they had to have hit me enough times to kill me but the game did not register it. On the other hand i have had games where i can not kill an entire team who does not have a single player above a kd of 1.0,  and not because i am missing. I come close to accusing them of cheating. I have only ever reported 2 people and that was because they were cheating. One was invisible, and in god mode. The other had every single perk in the game.

Either way you have nothing to worry about.

EJKHunter

Worst case scenario, being a legit player, you'll get a message or warning that they'll be monitoring your games for a bit... they find nothing, investigation goes away and from my experience you never get that message or warning again... making me believe they don't consider any report against you legit from there on out.. both CoD devs do this, and both have put me on investigation once and found nothing lol the first Black Ops, and MW2, neither has ever bothered me again no matter how many people claim they reported me for something I'm not doing.

As long as you aren't modding or hacking or exploiting, you have nothing at all to worry about.

AMMO_MAGNET

Lol, I'm kinda jealous that im not good enough to be reported.

EJKHunter

You don't have to be really good, just have a really good game or two in the same lobby... trust me, you'll get a few even if they don't announce it lol

I don't report people with weak K/D's that for whatever reason, usually connection, run a train over my face one match following me completely destroying them the game before, but I honestly have friends that will because... well, there's a lot of people that would rather blame "cheating" than "I just got outgunned"... or even lag, honestly enough.. I have two friends that refuse to accept that when I've spectated on them I've literally watched them flat out miss even though they cried about getting hit markers.. or totally did not respond anywhere near fast enough let alone got that "half a clip" they claim they shot... I don't always doubt that on their screen they actually may indeed be seeing exactly those things, but from the server's point of view their connection ping is so high they're nearly half a second behind the guy that just murdered them lol

I've never seen so many people, let alone friends, in total denial that their connection is their only real problem... depressing in many ways lol

AMMO_MAGNET

I have been guilty of ******** about losing a gun fight unfairly even though deep down i know i was outgunned.

EJKHunter

Everyone has, we all get ticked when it happens (at bad times, or over and over again), but unless you really feel that person is doing something completely outside normal game parameters.. don't waste your time reporting them, it won't amount to anything anyway lol

Now, with that said, I've reported people in rare instances like that were it's just stupid uncanny both how fast and precise that person is nailing me... from anywhere I come at him... I'm talking the suckers that seem to nail you two steps out of your spawn, no matter where you spawn, from the same region of the map, making you seriously start to question a wall-hack type mod lol usually I hold off until said person gets me from an impossible angle which usually constitutes shooting clear through an entire building or boulder to even clip me... that's when I start reporting because that's just way too fishy to be entirely legit lol I've made some fairly incredible sh*t-shots on Stonehaven through those big stone blocks before, usually just due to lag comp making it look like I shot through the rock when really I nailed the guy before he made it around the corner, but then on the same map I've had a dude shoot me clear through the center rotunda (busted tower base beside the downed Odin) from up beyond the white trucks... I don't mean he saw me and clipped me like I explained from lag, he had no line of sight on me, shot clean through seven feet of stone, and one-shotted me lol yeah, that's a report my good friend

AMMO_MAGNET

Agreed, I have only ever reported 2 people and they were guaranteed to be hacking. me and my friend even got on opposite teams to see if we could see him when the game started. He was nowhere to be found on either side but was getting kills.

biggirl123

Yea.....I have those moments where i shoot dudes through the wall cause i hear his loud a$$ footsteps, and i also nail lots of people fresh out the spawn too lol. So some people have reason to suspect hacks which don't exist. Yea lag makes a HUGE difference. One time also on Stonehaven for the game winning kill, i shot some guy through the wall in the broken building near the broken house corner spawn. The dude was like " that aimbot" lol.

EJKHunter

I've somehow pulled off a shot from the rock boulder in front of the sawmill (next to the waterwheel) on Whiteout, to the cliff path looking right at my spot.. flat missed the guy by a hair's breath and headshotted his buddy on the ship through the corner of the deck house LOL can't begin to explain that, wish I had the theater to watch it again just to follow the shot trajectory, it was stupid crazy lol

biggirl123

You never know you may have some reports filed against you, just that they didn't say out loud. Whats your kdr?

starbuckfrack

Umm. when either XBL or Activision is investigating you they will not give you a warning.

If someone gave you a warning saying they were investigating you they were just yanking your crank pretending to be a PET member. And if they even pretended they still can and will get banned when you report them.

And developers dont so any investigations, all the do is develop. A totally different team does that.

Back in Black Ops days forum moderators used to be the PET.

EJKHunter

It was from Activision and had no reply or any normal XBL feature available, everything was grayed out except the "delete" option, and when I called support they confirmed it was legit based on the response code included within it. I'd say something about it being a yank, but the confirmation call I made to the actual support line sort of proved otherwise... believe me, I totally thought the same thing when it first arrived lol. Don't know what to say beyond that; it happened, that's where this begins and ends.. I know they don't tell people in almost all cases, and since MW3 I've never even heard someone getting one, at least no one ever reported getting one... dunno what to say beyond that lol

starbuckfrack

But here is the thing. ACTIVISION has only your gamertag name, not the email associated with it . so if it was in an email that would be impossible. They have no way to send you any email. Period. The ONLY email they would have if at all was the email you use in the forum.

and if Activision were to contact your Gamertag thru Xbox Live with a PM that is also impossible because they are not allowed in any way to "harrass you" or contact you thru Xbox Live.

Activision doesnt even contact you to tell you why you got banned for example.

The reason you couldnt reply if it was an Xbox PM was because for example a Gamertag of some wimp sent you a pretend PET message and then blocked all communications with you so you cant reply back. If it WAS Activision that contacted you thru XBL PMs it would have the gamertag with the person who sent it to you. HE would have then been banned from Xbox Live for impersonation. And if it were Activision that contacted you then you could easily have sued them for false accusations because as you said you didnt do anything wrong. Well suing them would take some money but you definitely could have called Microsoft and filed a harassment complaint and that person would have been banned. Accusing you of cheating is enough for banishment, accusing you of cheating before you are even caught is stupid as well as banishment.

Activisions developers AND Enforcement team do not communicate to other games thru Gamertags. EVER. Because their Gamertags are not connected to their jobs unless it is a developer offering some sort of "join me this weekend " thing.

Neither MS or Activision would NEVER send you an email they were investigating you . Period. ESPECIALLY when at that point they had no proof you were doing anything wrong.

And there is no such thing as a response code sent to you thru Xbox Live. In the case if they said they were investigating you then you wouldnt even need to respond . What would you even respond to ? "I am just calling back to say I got your message, I wont do it again " ?

Even the XBL Policy Enforcement Team doesnt even contact members to "warn" them. Their warning is in the Terms of Use you signed. The only notice from them you will get is "You were banned" they arent going to say to you "we just noticed you modded your avatar blue, dont do it again".

BS "We are going to investigate you" in a message would actually take longer than just investigating you. They will not and can not give you a warning because the warning is already in the code of conduct. Thats like a cop saying "We are coming over to your house on Weds at 3:00 to check your house for drugs".

If they DID warn you then they would have had to warn all the other 100 thousand gamers that they got reports on that week alone.

you got duped by someone pretending to be Activision. They arent going to warn you for something you havent even got caught doing yet.

EJKHunter

Then they clearly had one hell of a system set up for it, a few others got the same stuff a few years back lol but what was achieved out of such an elaborate dupe? I want to know how they sent an XBL message that has the same limited features as an official XBL announcement.. all you can do is delete it and nothing more. This makes sense, though, and I'm inclined to believe you. I'm just wondering if between 2010 and 2011 XBL itself had someone get control of its announcement messaging system... because I can't even think of a logical mod/hack that could replicate it short of actually utilizing it from their servers - and when I tell you it looked like an XBL announcement message, I'm not just pissing around... it was dead identical except instead of saying it was from Xbox Live Announcements or such, it literally said Activision.. and when you called support and told them the code, they confirmed it was correct and if something was found you'd be contacted by Microsoft directly.

I mean, this happened to not just me and my buddy, but like half a dozen others we knew and played with infrequently on those games.. like, friends of friends sort of thing... what was achieved by that though? That's my only question...

Eerie...

starbuckfrack

But I mentioned it before.

All that gamertag had to do was send you a message and block all communications after that. Once he blocks all communications he cannot receive replies from you. Unless of course he replies again and forgets to block you again.

Activision doesnt even have control over any form of Xbox messaging system to send to players. IF they even went out of their time to send you a message it still would have been a normal PM.

Was the number that they told you to call a real number for Activision ? And how did they bypass the 250 letter format ?

Example here

"This is Actoblision contacting you to let you know you will be under investigation for hacking, or cheating on your account. The reference number is 123456789. You can contact Actoblision thru our website www.actboblision dot com or at the n"

BOOM you just ran out of characters.

Any jerk out there can EASILY word it and make it look professional and block you from replying to it. I just gave you one example right there. They can even maker a Gamertag saying Actisupport if they wanted to. MANY gamertags got thru the system with names like "I did ur mom" etc. At least now they have an added system to help prevent that.

EJKHunter

Oh, no, I perfectly understand what you mean. I've been apart of a mass professional quality hoax on a free-to-play mmo before.. they made up an official email (which was identical to the support email the support actually used).. their actual support hotline used an automated system and had a "code" system.. these hoax emails had codes for people to follow and "confirm".. whatever the automated system confirmed (it never said) who knows, probably nothing but something anyone could do at request or whatever.. but they managed to steal hundreds of players account info.. likely in the hopes of getting their hands on hundreds of credit card numbers.. problem was, the game hadn't yet offered anything of value through the pay part of the game, so I'd venture to guess they got all of our accounts, and maybe a handful of credit card info entries.. not enough to make such an elaborately conceived hoax worth the effort it took to pull off though.

This is exactly why I'm inclined to believe you up front that it could have been a hoax lol I've always found it was strange the person on Activision support (the number was from the official site) had no information regarding what the "response code" was about, only that she was able to confirm it and I'd hear from Microsoft if anything further came of it. She was not privileged to any other information about the code or what it pertained to.

So that years ago could literally be of the same quality as my above example, except apparently it wasn't in mass scale.. and nothing at all ever came of it.. I talked to a couple buds today who remember that, most didn't bother calling at all.. but we all agree on the one detail that it was not a "clever" or "cheap" hoax name to a false XBL account name.. if they did exactly what you suggest, it wasn't some crap "Actoblision" spelling, it was exact spelling, no deviations or special characters. That part may have been a very successful hacked gamertag name. I've actually run across a person or two with forbidden words/characters in their XBL gamertag.. ironically you don't see them very long if you try and keep track of them.. usually their tag gets changed to one of the randomly generated names, and their account gets plastered with that Terms of Service stuff lol

Sometimes hoaxes can be very successful, but usually they aren't on massive scales from my experience with them

starbuckfrack

I used Actoblision as not to piss of the moderators into thinking I was making a real Activision post. One time in the middle of a discussion that you could easily TELL I wasnt an Activision employee I typed a "letter" as an example. That "letter" got me banned for a month.

I typed something like "sorry you are not happy with your game and refuse to buy anything else from our company, here is a coupon towards 10 dollars off your next purchase". Considering that the irony that the person would never buy anything again I thought it was funny. Moderators didnt.

And as for hoaxes on of the biggest ones ever were where someone would get a email address from the kiddy gamertags. All they do is just ASK for them off of Xbox Live or chat pretending to be freinds with them outside Xbox Live.and send them a fake email that LOOKED real and said "Having a problem with your account info, go to this website to confirm. Then BAM they got your login credentials to Xbox Live. 65 thousand stupid people fell for that one. And they blamed XBL for being hacked.

If you haven't done anything wrong their is no problem

zingaa

It's kind of like worrying about getting a DUI, yet you don't drink.

Bah, don't worry about that crap.9 out of 10 times people just report you simply because you can do something they can't.

For example, the rapid fire controller mod.All it does is allow you to fire say a single shot gun at it's absolute max fire rate without any effort.In MW3 i used the MK14 with red dot and rapid fire.I was capable of shooting it at almost it's max fire rate which would appear as if i used the rapid fire controller mod.

I have made entire party's rage due to it.Something about shooting that gun super fast and killing them just irritates people to no end lol.The point is, if you do something people don't like or do something they can't fathom doing due to their lack of skill they will swear you mod and cheat.

I think the reason is due to how modder's set up the mods to only help out a little bit to make them appear as legit as possible while giving them the edge to almost always win 1v1 fight's against most players.You just occasionally get the moron who goes full blast modding and makes it's obvious as hell.Like the invisible,god mode,and all perk hacks.

For example their is someone in the top 50 in TDM right now who is definitely modding and cheating.Not sure what but he makes it help just enough to where it can be blamed on aim assist/bullet magnetism and lag.I can't give the exact info due to the no name and shame rule on the forums so i simply mentioned top 50.It seem's something like a aim mod plus some other stuff.To what extent me and all my friends are not sure.Though we have all came to the conclusion that he is no way shape or form, legit.

The people that had agreed with me are within the top 1k TDM in MW3.So that should give some merit to my suspicion's haha.

To the people saying that if people are really cheating they will be banned you are false.There are a ton of modder's and cheaters that have not been banned.XBLE team is barely competent.The would sooner ban someone for foul language who get's a little rowdy or something inappropriate for their bio/motto, than ban someone with hacked stats and mods.There is someone on the top of the TDM leaderboard in MW3 with hacked score who's has MODZ in the gamertag which is still not banned after 4 1/2 months.Incompetent.Checked a week ago and was still playing.

I hope that by the next CoD mods and cheats are taken extremely seriously.They need to start banning IP addresses instead of accounts or consoles.If you say they can't, they can.You can be banned on a website forum, make a new account, and still be found out for trying to bypass your forum ban by making a new account.By accessing their servers they can track you, and prevent you from accessing ever again with a couple of clicks.

Wow i went off track.Sorry modders and cheaters make me angry.To add to the topic again, let me state that the chances of you being banned is next to nil.So don't fret over it.God know's i've been reported thousands of times and never received a single warning or suspension over 3 years of playing CoD and countless games.So i can confirm with certainty that you will not receive any suspension if you are indeed a legit player.

DalekonDrugs

I like you am tenth prestige legit and I hate hackers etc, but do not worry the security team may check you but if you have no corrupt or modified data nothing will happen.

nicedrewishfela

If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.