39 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 3:37 PM by DrEggsta RSS

Oracle Killstreak Should NOT Be Support

QBoNEz

Simple as that. Horrible players should not be able to get this great killstreak. You should actually have to have some skill to get this killstreak just like the VSAT in BLOPS 2. Yeah, a lot of you will say that I should use Blind Eye to counter this killstreak, but in reality Blind Eye is an absolute waste of a perk if you are as good as I am at this game. The other team rarely, if ever, calls in any killstreaks that can kill me. Then some 12 year old who hasn't a clue how to play this game calls in an oracle and my whole game is messed because the other team knows exactly where I am every five seconds for a minute or so. It's BS. Switch it over to a 10 killstreak Assault and it will be fine. Remove it from Support... it's crap that it is in Support in the first place. Liberal as hell. Another thing... Knifing and the dog are in the same category. Panic knifers should have some sort of punishment for panic knifing... just like in BF4. The other player should have an opportunity to knife back. Nobody can be running full sprint and pull out a knife from thin air and  kill someone... plus there is the whole knife sequence where the knifer is invincible to the person they are knifing for the entire five feet they are lunge knifing. Again, this is BS.

• Re: Oracle Killstreak Should NOT Be Support
          PUR4IDO

I think the ground jammer counters is. I usually play solo, but when I play w a group of friends, I always ask them to run both.

I don't mind the Oracle, it's up for a split second. Now if you're camping, you will easily be spotted, which is good.

If you are letting the someone on the opposing team get Oracles that often then the problem is with you, not the killstreak.

This post game me cancer

That sucks. This post gave me Stupidity.

See this was the first post I've ever replied to on the xbone forum. I've been a ps4 player until I got the xbone a couple days ago, so I've mainly been posting in the ps4 forum. And it's funny because the people there are "I'm good at the game and I'm a CoD vet, therefore the game MUST be good and if you think any different you're wrong." All I've seen on this forum (mainly this post) is "OMG this gun needs a nerf because I got killed," or "remove this because I'm really good at the game and it's not fair." I thought it was hilarious when he said "blind eye is a complete waste of a perk if you are as good as I am at this game." I've never laughed out loud at an internet post, but that was a first for me.

Bielsalmighty

I find Blind Eye to be a worthwhile 'just in case' perk to have on. Protects from so much more than the Oracle, and considering the variety of stuff that people can get from a Care Package at the drop of a hat, its useful.

You cannot label yourself a good player whilst refusing to counter something. That only means you are good when people play on your terms. That could be said of the vast majority of the playerbase.

Have you heard of the word "Adapt" because not everything is going to change just because you want it to.

newm8n

if your as good as your claiming all those things shouldnt be an issues but it sounds like you like to run around headless chicken like, and most of those thing will be a problem. if your moving with strategic movement, you will not run into dogs as often, people wont knife as much because with both of those you can keep your engagements at more of a close/ medium range. as for the oracle they for the most part need to see you before shooting (yea there are some cardboard wall you can wall bang) and if your running you are likely going to lose hands down.

i dont mind if people can see me, its the same reason i dont use a silencer, the fights coming to me. i dont camp corners unless i know your coming, i move slowly around the map. the only time i run into those problems are when i catch myself sprinting.

AMMO_MAGNET

you are the first person i have heard complain of this killstreak. Its not overpowered (only displays for a short period), it has a counter, and requires double digit kills to call in. Granted players that call this in may be of a lower skill level or a younger age group, but I do not think that justifies its removal from the game.

Back near launch six of us teamed up and all played (Sat-com, Squadmate and Oracle) for an entire Saturday.. It had to be the most broken thing I have ever witnessed playing COD. We are all good players, we put down 3 Satcoms at a time so we had constant radar sweeps- Had six squadmates running around Strikezone Dom (funniest thing ever) and then had constant Oracles for the ENTIRE rest of the game (one after another).

It was like the first or second week after launch and we already broke the game.. good times.

Yeah, oracle is kind of silly.

Izjar11

answer: blind eye = 2 points

kustom shoota

The pseudo flaw of support streaks is that "good" players can essentially spam them, because they are inevitable.  I used to love running squadmate because I could get up to 6 in a game if I had hardline on or something, but I know oracle is even higher up, so I would avoid those.

A team of 6 running ANYTHING will kick the other teams ass, because when you are talking about a team of 6 running anything, that means there is coordination beyond just a simple killstreak.  6 oracles will kill you, but so will 6 sentry guns, or 6 ims, or 6 dogs, or 6 riot shields.

I don't think oracles are as bad as emp spam from MW3, it was so dumb we actually quit playing MW3 and went back to BLOPS1 because it was more fun and still had a huge playerbase.

NoLifeKing32

There is a 100% counter to it. If you don't use it, you have no right to complain.

nuttin2say

Wow. Now the Oracle is OP?

wraithoverlord

QBoNEz wrote:

. Yeah, a lot of you will say that I should use Blind Eye to counter this killstreak, but in reality Blind Eye is an absolute waste of a perk if you are as good as I am at this game.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

SitRepPro

The only game modes that takes skill in getting a VSAT are TDM and S&D.  Many objective game modes gave out free points for merely playing the game and you can use Scavenger and EMP grenades and spam them and hope to get easy assist points.

squirrelness

The Oracle doesn't kill anyone, just shows your teammates where to find them.  Sure sounds like a support killstreak to me.

Plus, if you were as good as you claimed it wouldn't matter.  You'd welcome the Oracle because it brings all of those lesser skilled players right to your doorstep. 

"Back near launch six of us teamed up and all played (Sat-com, Squadmate and Oracle) for an entire Saturday.. It had to be the most broken thing I have ever witnessed playing COD. We are all good players, we put down 3 Satcoms at a time so we had constant radar sweeps- ... "

Yeah, none of that happened.  What's wrong with you?

Xx67Customs

I love how people think they are so good that nothing in the game should be able to kill them. The first thing that kills them, they are like, "OP!!!! NOOB!"

I'm not 12 and I'm a good player, but I still use the Oracle on occasion. Especially when playing with my clan or in FFA. I usually get it a couple of times a game. It's called smart play and teamwork.

I in no way think it is OP. It briefly gives you a glimpse of where the enemy is and it doesn't last that long. If you are targeted and are moving, it isn't going to pinpoint you, unlike a VSAT. But if you are camping and get targeted... well...

QBoNEz

4.42 KD, 6.4 WL, mainly play solo. ALL IM SAYING... is move the Oracle to the Assault side. That's it. You get so many awful, random teammates when you play solo that people can just rush them kill a couple and then die... repeat to spam oracles. I'd rather not waste a perk just because of the Oracle. If you try to flank the enemy they know your coming, so don't tell me that it is only going to affect you if you camp. Idiots

PUR4IDO

I say get rid of the support package all together. Stop catering to bad players. Let them learn the game like we all have done. Let them earn that epic moment.

SitRepPro

IW have provided plenty of easy mode Assault killstreaks in the past - Predator Missile at 5 kills, Emergency Airdrop dropping 4 crates for 8 kills and they have always made their streaks stack barring the Maniac in Ghosts.  Oh yeah, MW2 was the game where you can win a match with 7 kills from your gun - Harrier > AC-130 > Nuke.  At least 3arc invented the scorestreak system and, before BO2, forced you to use your gun to get your streaks rather than rely on their effectiveness for chaining.

robrod

Its hard for some people to get assault kill streaks because not everyone sits in corners. I play objective game modes, and I expect to die a lot when I am running around going for objectives. Support, in my opinion, is the developers way of letting people play objectives without fear of not getting kill streaks simply because they are rushing objectives and dying often.

I think the real complaint should be with squad mates. Those are the best kill streak in my opinion. They help capture points, the collect dog tags, they equip vests, take guns out of gun boxes, they alert you of incoming enemies. In hardcore, they are better than dogs. And my squad mate has started jump shotting. WTH!? I was cracking up watching him jump shot 2 people in a row.

Bielsalmighty

Well they dont know that I'm flanking them. Know why? Blind Eye! Again, you refuse to incorporate it into your game in any way shape or form, THAT is on YOU. Would it be so hard to keep a blind eye class in reserve to change to when an Oracle gets pulled out? Its only a 2 point perk after all, I'm sure you could sacrifice SOMETHING for it.

gotsomestars

4+ kd 6+ w/l solo = stop dashboarding = must play a lot of infected.

robrod

When I play with my clan, we all run support except for maybe 1 or 2. You would hate to be playing against us. We spam Oracle like its going out of style. I get DOM games where I alone can pop about 3 or 4 alone. And we all run squad mates as well. And either ground jammers or ballistic vests. Oh man support is the best.

And we all run blind eye so we can't be spammed on. Oracle FTW!

"4.42 KD, 6.4 WL, mainly play solo... repeat to spam oracles."

6.5 W/L mainly playing solo?  And people are spamming oracles against you?

Wow.  You know flat out lying is probably not the best way to get your point taken seriously, right?  Grow up.

oracle is fine, there are countermeasures, and its not like it works for more than a second, I suggest you more more back and forth on a small part of the map when it is up instead of camping

I suppose if you had it your way and the Oracle was harder to achieve then everyone would have to resort to their pocket Oracles.

RECON.

Best tactic is to hide in the middle of pack as the oracle is in duration. Also a kitchen-aid bakery timer may help you plan your moves when the oracle pulses (10 secs per pulse), allowing you to move around and manipulate the situation in your favor as everyone homes in on that location. Isnt this how everyone manipulates the UAV?

You are lying about something.  If not your W/L then your statement about mainly playing solo.  Because those two don't match up.  Nor are you going to have a 6.4 W/L while mainly playing solo AND having to deal with the spamming of Oracles every match.

Can you not really see how those statements match up?  And good job attacking everyone that doesn't agree with you (or that catches you lying).  You're showing your maturity.

I don't have a problem with this but I also run blind eye in my perks.