33 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2014 11:58 AM by BobbyMcGee RSS

connection since playlist update.

BobbyMcGee

So ever since my connection seems really off. Tons of laggy matches, and im seeing a whole group of different players and none of the old. Also, i havent been able to tell when im hosting anymore. i think most times ive been host, it only shows the enemy players as connected, nobody on my team. Another strange thing ive noticed is really bad lag hitting mid-match, usually as soon as i start doing well. Try to pull out a sentry and nothing, just the remote in my hand and then no sentry until i try again, this has got me killed a few times. Timer starting at different times, even pausing a few seconds and then continuing.

There was a bad match where at the end of the slaughter everyone left, then me and one person got thrown back into the same map and the countdown began. no vote, same map. As soon as the remaining 4 people left it was just me and one person who then backed out really quickly. I was just wondering if there isnt another custom match glitch?

I think they messed with connection again...

• Re: connection since playlist update.
          WiimotesRus02

This game is barely held together with a shoe lace. I haven't played this game for about 3 weeks, can't say I miss it much..

expresso83

Have you guys ever tried the LAN adapter? I use it, and I have never noticed hardly any lag. I also have my NAT open.

I played wirelessly last week, and I noticed a couple spots of lag where I would be running and suddenly, I am back like 10 feet. I decided to switch back to wired after this.

Not sure if this entirely makes worlds of difference, but I also run a gigabit router with a cat6 cable. Course, gigabit is really ideal for streaming or moving content between differences on the same network - but that's what I have

the1andonlyIKY

I never got the update message that you described. The only possibility I can think of is that my Wii U updated automatically while it was off..or..idle. I haven't noticed any different connection issues as of late. Still have laggy games and not-so-laggy games. There are several times where I will sometimes get lag spikes mid-match, sometimes randomly, sometimes when people leave and/or are joining in. If it's very bad it's always just best to find a new lobby.

BobbyMcGee

im fairly certain that update changed connection and/or matchmaking in some way and for whatever reason we arent being told. i dont think we ever have to worry about hearing anything from them connection related or see any connection based patchnotes ever again. just my take on the situation. why else wouldnt they announce the playlist update and what was involved in the patch? WII ARE AN EXPERIMENT...

like2nap03

I haven't noticed any change yet.  I'll let you know how it runs tonight.  I won't be on till like 1:30am CST.

like2nap03

Tonight had some lag, but it wasn't terrible.  I had two matches where I just couldn't kill anyone head on.  Just took me 6 deaths to figure that out.  Still finished 34-12.  It was on Octane.  Had another laggy one on Overlord but I really think both were just the result of me hosting a couple players with bad connections as each match had one guy with the god mode going on.  Still normal though I mean that can happen any night.  Once I learn that everyone can kill me head-to-head I just flank them.  My lowest KDR in a match tonight was 2.3.  So far I think it's about the same.  If lag like that happened every match, and I just can't outgun anyone in every match, then I might be concerned.  Two matches doesn't have me worried.

What's up with losing connection to the server right as a match ends though?  That happened 3 times.  One of them was the Octane match.  The game was frozen on the final killcam.  Me and the other guy with a mic were confused and talked about it for a minute.  Then it booted me out and said it lost connection to host server or something.  Does that mean someone raged as the match ended or what?

like2nap03

Well, for the first hour I must say it was laggy.  And somehow I ended up playing against Bobby which never happens.  I've never been put in a lobby with him before. 

So since I saw some weirdness I made a change.  This time I just switched back to an Open NAT and the lag went away. 

I'll give it a few more nights of tweaking and seeing how things run before I say they changed something with the servers or matchmaking again, but it sure felt like it tonight.

BobbyMcGee

this was bar none the most frustrating night ive gone through yet. and the matches that werent laggy i was against good players and my team always seemed awful. all damn night, take a step, dead, take a step, dead. spawns going wild, my entire team hiding together in a corner. i ducked into the hanger after a double kill cause i was half dead and needed to reload. an enemy appeared out of thin air, i shoot him dead, then climb over the barrels or whatever in front of me. then i get the rewind, and im dead? then the killcam shows me fire till he was red, i stop firing, crawl inside the hanger wall, then he shot my head which was sticking out of the wall. people were showing up inside the walls by the underground area, scorestreaks wwere literally stopping the game. im positive they did something, positive.

BobbyMcGee

the other time we ended up together was totally random too, the very last time. i kept inviting you cause i couldnt take one more lopsided victory for the other team while i struggle to go positive. go figure, last match and we by some freeking miracle end up together, and you have a perfect game and i go 24/2 maniacing away. that was far from my only win but it was honestly my only match all night where i had a decent teammate, let alone a great one, and it was a nice change. that match on stormfront i was 7 or 8 and one and i get booted to the menu, which between that and the freezing happens close to 50% of the time i play that map. both me and penguin avenger had our u's freeze on that map a few nights ago, which tells me EVERYONE'S u froze. activision needs to sort its sh!t out before there is another broken hardware issue. we werent partied up either, both ads'ing and then the freeze and sounds of rain. that lightning seems to cause issues, idk, its weird.

BobbyMcGee

what happened on your end for that stormfront match?

the1andonlyIKY

Yesterday was a bad connection night for me as well. The 2 times I was on my bandwidth read 4100ish and 3800ish, respectively, which is relatively high. But y'know, it was like I couldn't get off a shot mosta the time and ended up going around even for a lotta matches.

like2nap03

BobbyMcGee wrote:

the other time we ended up together was totally random too, the very last time. i kept inviting you cause i couldnt take one more lopsided victory for the other team while i struggle to go positive. go figure, last match and we by some freeking miracle end up together, and you have a perfect game and i go 24/2 maniacing away. that was far from my only win but it was honestly my only match all night where i had a decent teammate, let alone a great one, and it was a nice change. that match on stormfront i was 7 or 8 and one and i get booted to the menu, which between that and the freezing happens close to 50% of the time i play that map. both me and penguin avenger had our u's freeze on that map a few nights ago, which tells me EVERYONE'S u froze. activision needs to sort its sh!t out before there is another broken hardware issue. we werent partied up either, both ads'ing and then the freeze and sounds of rain. that lightning seems to cause issues, idk, its weird.

I didn't realize you were inviting me.  Sorry.  I'm REALLY bad about not seeing that message pop up cause I'm so focused on the gameplay.  People always think I ignore them.  I just don't see the invites.  The rest of my night went great after switching back to an open NAT.

On that Storm front match I just like got booted to the lobby waiting for a match and you were there.  I was playing, the game hitched for a second, and then bam I'm in a lobby with you waiting for a match.  I didn't get an error message or anything.  I think we were in a party too at that point.  Confused the heck out of me.

I've never had problems on Stormfront before or any map.  Most of my "disconnects"  appear to be host rage quitters.

I can attest to this lag issue.  Last night I ended up in a lobby with a Youtuber named "mrhuntinnoobs" and he was partied up with some dude named, "monkeyt******", or something stupid like that.  The "monkeyt******" guy was dominating with the 'Bulldog" shotgun, clearly benefiting from some unbelievable lag.  He was killing people before they could even get a shot off (myself included).  I am by no means an amazing player, but I have held a steady 1.44 KD since this game's release, and at first I thought this guy was just solid with a shotgun.  I usually don't play the lag card, but the irrefutable proof came when on I was on the walkway outside the middle building on "Overlord".  I had killed one guy in the distance using an assault rifle, and saw my new-found nemesis coming from a mile away, dashing towards the walkway like a madman.  I switched to my pistol a second or so before he made it to the stairs and fired numerous shots directly into his chest, only to die within one instantaneous bite from the "Bulldog".  I decided to watch the killcam just to see what had happened, and as I had thought, in reality I never even got a shot off according to the game.  We all benefit from lag at some point or another, I get that, but it makes it ten times worse when someone is running around with marathon and lightweight using a gun that can kill in one or two shots.  Point is, this is the worst amount of lag (outside of people teleporting all over the place) that I have seen in this game.

BobbyMcGee

well we finally agree on something...did you notice pointstreaks such as battlehinds etc crippling the match with lag? multiple whistles to call dogs? remotes popping out and no sentrys?  its like the lag is so bad initially calling a streak doesnt even register, which tells me if i were to shoot at someone during those times, the bullets wouldnt even get a hitmarker, because on their cam im not even shooting.

The double remote action to active a killstreak  is ridiculous, and has actually been responsible for some unwarranted deaths.  Honestly, I am just thanking the COD Gods that the devs are still working on this game.  Hopefully this new patch will include the essential goodies in the Xbox/PS patches, most notably being the IED nerf.  I have never, and will never use one of those things unless I am being a true-to-form sniper, find a spot to perch and do work.