1 2 3 4 Previous Next 84 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2014 4:58 PM by Rexens_View Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
        maccabi

IndyOldGuy wrote:

maccabi wrote:

the lean kill thing was a major complaint by a lot of the community as it forced you to play by basically camping. i for one am so pleased the lean kills have been dropped and the rescue kills which in hc are nigh on impossible to get

I dunno, I had to suffer thru getting 50 lean kills with the vector to get it gold, now they made it easier, kinda irritates me...a little

ive done all the smgs and the majority of the ars the lean kills thing and rescue kills were the grinds for me..

• 11. Re: Improvements or disappointments?

I am absolutely satisfied with the adjustments that the developers have made. I have not seen the new update yet since im at work, however I feel IW really does adjust what needs to be adjusted.. at least it proves to be so. IED's are stupid, and needed a nerf, i cant count how many times ive seen an enemy spawn in and the first thing they rely on is an IED.. i would use sit rep, and the screen would glow like a xmas tree.. plus there was no way around it if you did not use given perks.. it take 2 points to counter a 1 point lethal? reallly" so the change they made sound very good

no sure about msbs.. i dont even knwo what it means lol

the sound perks seem okay as well. as long as amplify can still hear DS im good with it

overall we need to get players moving, and taking away or nerfing a campers security alarm is a good start

• 12. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
            Izjar11

TOLAND wrote:

I don't concentrate on challenges so I'm coming from a different angle, but the lean function isn't there just to help campers.  It has allowed me to peek around corners quickly while I rush.  I used to have to ADS and sidestep around the corner hoping no one was sighted in on that spot.  With the lean function acting right most of the time, I can still get back if they start firing and then engage or move around to flank.  Big help over past games for a rusher like me.

And if your wondering, the reason I don't worry about the challenges is that I play year-round and tend to complete them all anyway without ever having to grind.  Much more fun that way.

The lean and slide functions are part of the game and are 100% great things added to this game. People will call them "camping" something or other but thats what a vast majority due: Name anything "campy" to make it seem inferior. I do the same, play the game and hardly pay attention to the challenges, yet to get one gun gold you had to get lean kills and that took 100 kills. Its earned, which is better than simply "given"

• 13. Re: Improvements or disappointments?

i do feel that the camo challenges did need a nerf. i feel they should exsist, but not to the amount of kills it was requesting.. what it did was force player to play the way they do not want to play.. I do use lean and slide, but not that much

i think it also gets players moving since now they are not thinking " ok let me camp behind this box and wall, and sit and lean the whole game so i can collect lean kills

• 14. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
                Izjar11

Im not upset, far from it.

I find it mostly lacking for IW to bathe the complaints by indulging them, causing more. Once they taste that teat of cry get results = it will cause more problems.

Anyways, well see how the IED's function moving forward.

• 15. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
                  Tygrastic1

I agree with you on the IED nerf.  I facepalmed after reading it.  There was already Sitrep, Blast Shield and Agility that countered it.  The amount of hitmarkers to kills I have gotten using the IEDs the past two weeks demonstrated that the playerbase has already figured them out.  I guess the work around will be to place the IED at waist height on a wall.

MSBS, doesn't surprise me although at this point I don't think they can 'fix' it.  Reduction of the lean kills- meh, couldn't bother me any more or less since it doesn't matter to me if my gun is shiny gold.

Big Positive IMO

• New MP lobby music menu- get rid of than damn music at the one minute mark in Search.
                  • The Dead Silence adjustment as you already pointed out.

Big Negative

• Hunted FFA playlist?  Really?  We couldn't get something that the playerbase ACTUALLY plays?
                  • 16. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
                    Izjar11

I didn't create this thread to debate camping vs running styles (which is sadly the one thing many love to do).

But if you think these modifications will change anything about how players choose to play your fooling yourself, seriously don't.

My main purpose for IED usage was to avoid the bad spawn system, this game promotes enemies spawning near you, the IED would either kill or will alert me to their presence, that wont change with this update.

I just now know with each TU something whined about will probably appear as "fixed" when in fact it wasn't ever really needed.

• 17. Re: Improvements or disappointments?
                      Izjar11

Tygrastic1 wrote:

Big Negative

• Hunted FFA playlist?  Really?  We couldn't get something that the playerbase ACTUALLY plays?

Yea, they really should have conducted a poll asking gamers what they prefer and from those results create something worthwhile. Good post.

• 18. Re: Improvements or disappointments?

what changes is there is a more viable counter to the ied, just like the betty had. it allows people to run around and if an IED starts they now have an opportunity to survive and get the kill where ever the camper is

bad spawn are bad spawn, sometimes they work for you and sometimes against you, i dont see how an ied would change this

an IED should be used to "alert you" it should be used to get you a kill, if someone is using them to be alerted, chances are they are camping their IED

• 19. Re: Re: Improvements or disappointments?
                          Izjar11

what changes is there is a more viable counter to the ied, just like the betty had. it allows people to run around and if an IED starts they now have an opportunity to survive and get the kill where ever the camper is

There shouldn't have been any changes to something that is already easily avoided, but thats pointless now. The fact that you keep referring to those who use it as "campers" is a fail attempt to justify how you play. I care not.

bad spawn are bad spawn, sometimes they work for you and sometimes against you, i dont see how an ied would change this

Perhaps you should have read what I wrote: The game spawns people near you (bad or good) its just so. The IED HELPS protect your flank, rear exit what ever it is,. hope you see it now.

an IED should be used to "alert you" it should be used to get you a kill, if someone is using them to be alerted, chances are they are camping their IED

Guy, your camping rants are getting old, boring and uninteresting. If you play on the PSN (ps4) system I would more then welcome playing against you to see how much you "dont" camp. Please let me know if you do.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next