9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2014 3:00 PM by WolfRidge RSS

Honestly - Should I Get This For PS4?

I had Ghosts for ps3 when it came out and let's just say my experience wasn't the best -

I had terrible lag (I have Virgin Media 60mb Internet, so not as if my internet's bad), Spawn killed - spawning in front of and behind people, bullets not registering, getting constant hitmarkers - although I was dying before I could even react. Every lobby I joined was full of MSBS users with tracker sights. Maps were/are atrocious, massive and unplayable for most times. Constant campers, for example, a game of kill confirmed taking the full time and not even getting to 50. Every team I was in was a team of split screeners who were either both terrible, or one was terrible and the other just stayed in spawn.

So again not the best of experiences. I was just wondering whether I should get this for the PS4 now? Has it got better? Especially on the next gen?

Cheers for any replies.

Latest reply: on Jan 29, 2014 3:00 PM by Replies: 9 in GHOSTS PLAYSTATION 4
        • Test #1
          Re: Honestly - Should I Get This For PS4?

Spawns are still bad.

Not many MSBS users.

Haven't noticed much lag at all.

Last Edited: Jan 28, 2014 6:58 AM
          • Test #1

If you think your experience will get better then no, if you don't care about shelling an additional $10.00 to upgrade then sure. Dont expect things to be all that different.

Last Edited: Jan 28, 2014 7:07 AM
            • Test #1

I think it looks a lot better.  Spawns are nuts still, but they say they are working on it in each update  The MSBS has been nerfed to an extent and I don't see too many users really.  Tracker sights will always be a pain if you are killed by a gun with one, but it is only Ghost's version of Target Finder and has its own limitations.

Lag........haven't noticed the expected dedicated servers yet so there are still issues with lag compensation, but I don't think they have been too bad for me (about the same as when I switch to PS3 to play with my clan) and certainly no worse than BO2.

Camping.....again a perennial problem, some maps more prone to camping/sniping than others, but I take that challenge as it comes.  The upcoming dlc seems to have 4 'smaller' maps than, say Stonehaven, but it will always be irking to be caught by a 'camper'.  Also, the groundwar option on PS4 allows 9 players a side, which does make a difference to the flow of the larger maps (tho it can make the small maps feel crowded).

I think it was worth the £10 (I'm in the UK) upgrade despite most of my play being back on the PS3 for clan wars, etc.  If I am playing solo it will be on the PS4.

Last Edited: Jan 28, 2014 7:18 AM
              • Test #1

yes jump in at the deep end , lots could happen

Last Edited: Jan 28, 2014 9:24 PM
                • Test #1

If you like playing Call of Duty then yes you should buy the game. If you're going to get annoyed with every little issue and be the type of person who complains and has a bad experience then I'd avoid it.

It really depends on whether or not you like the game. I'm so sick of all the negativity in the community when people have so many other options of games to play, whether that's going back to an older Call of Duty or BF4 or a completely different genre.

Last Edited: Jan 29, 2014 9:42 AM
                  • Test #1

Overall this game is good I my opinion..

Last Edited: Jan 29, 2014 12:10 PM
                    • Test #1

Compared to the PS3 version in terms of graphics the PS4 version is far superior, this helps me pick people out at distance.  There are still issues and I found it hard to adapt at first, but I think the game is good, not perfect but worth playing.

Besides which we need more players in the lobbies , usually about 60-70K online, compared to 200-250K PS3.

Last Edited: Jan 29, 2014 3:00 PM