1 2 3 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2014 9:51 AM by TheBeastlyDude RSS

People playing music!

How irritating is it when people play music while in game? (I know just mute them) It just shows lack of respect in todays world!

• 1. Re: People playing music!
          mr_ni

Even worse is when they're singing along!

• 2. Re: People playing music!
            MysteriousDeeds

As weird as it may sound, I've spoken to people who say they can't play without loud music in the background. I agree it is annoying to others in the lobby(including myself). I've also heard other players in a lobby singing to music coming from someone's background. Like you said mute and move on.

• 3. Re: People playing music!
              rlbl

I was playing with a dude in a party once, and he was listening to some tunes. I asked if he could turn it down and he told me to mute him a F**** myself.

I said:" It is not only that I do not wish to listen to that, but I cannot let you know where the enemies are at and give you callouts"

The team muted him. After he got screwed a couple of times, he turned off his music and sent us messages to please unmute him.

• 4. Re: People playing music!
                MysteriousDeeds

LOL! Priceless

• 5. Re: People playing music!
                  theroc23

The best part about the full retards that do this is that they themselves have their **** muted. Therefore they don't have listen to complaints from everyone else. They're basically devoid of all self-awareness and are under the FALSE impression that everyone is impressed with their "dope" taste in music. Never mind that the music ALMOST ALWAYS sounds like some no-talent rapper recording bad music on bad equipment in his moms basement.

Most of these dbags think that they're doing the community a service by "DJing" their fresh sounds over chat. Ignorant fools don't have the common sense or respect to realize that chat is used for chat. It really says a lot about the shitty upbringing that a lot of these imbeciles have suffered. 

• 6. Re: People playing music!
                    poss911

I encounter this every time I play and get the exact responses you guys are getting. As I have said in many of my posts, this is a selfish "me" society we live in now. Seems most of the younger generations are more interested in only themselves and were never taught to care or just don't care about others. Even when I play with my 19yr old son and if he has any background crap on I tell him to turn off all the crap in the background or mute himself. Being that he still lives in my house if he chooses not to listen to me, which I will say he listens very well, then he can either try living without electricity in his room or move out and pay for his own living while going to college. Needless to say my son does not do that kind of crap. As he is getting older he understands and respects the way his mother and I raised him to do unto others as you would have done to you. He feels the same way as all of us about the inconsideration of others. PEACE!!

• 7. Re: People playing music!
                      TheBeastlyDude

USMC-NUT-KRACKER wrote:

How irritating is it when people play music while in game? (I know just mute them) It just shows lack of respect in todays world!

How about the lack of respect that you have for someone to play music in their own house? What if someone in my house wants to listen to Van Halen while I play, should my family member be not allowed to play their music? What about those parents who have kids who are screaming in the background, do they have disrespect too? If you don't want to hear it, mute them.

• 8. Re: People playing music!
                        poss911

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

USMC-NUT-KRACKER wrote:

How about the lack of respect that you have for someone to play music in their own house? What if someone in my house wants to listen to Van Halen while I play, should my family member be not allowed to play their music? What about those parents who have kids who are screaming in the background, do they have disrespect too? If you don't want to hear it, mute them.

It's simple. If you are one of those individuals whose household is loud enough to be heard by the gaming lobby then as a decent respectful person you should mute your own microphone. Problem solved. That leads right into what I said in my post, people not being taught to respect or care about others. You ask if it is disrespectful? Easy, yes it is very disrespectful. If the background noise impedes the ability to hear both the game and the other players actually trying to speak to each other about tactics then yes that is very disrespectful. The mute button goes both ways. Sure if you don't want to hear them then mute them. On the other spectrum, if you background noise is louder then the lobby then mute yourself. Think of others.

• 9. Re: People playing music!

Well it is on both people. one mute them.. the other don't blast the music and have your mic on. You cant tell me that I need to respect someone in the store standing in line with an I phone blasting there music because they can and have the right to. There is proper online etiquette. But I think lots of people think that because I hide behind a TV or computer screen they can say do what they want because they do not have to look someone else in the face. I have seen the online play change from "good game" being said win or lose to f bombs and you suck. I think that is the real problem. 

1 2 3 Previous Next