12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 8:14 AM by LumpyNuts RSS

ARG. with a capital ARG

LumpyNuts

I suck so bad at COD. BO2 was my 1st fps since wolfenstein. I really enjoy playing the two Call of Duty games I have but I really suck most of the time. I can never seem to get above a 5 kill streak. BUT I KEEP COMING BACK! WHY?

• Re: ARG. with a capital ARG
          the1andonlyIKY

hey now, if you can manage those 5 kills before dying all the time, right there you got yourself a 5.00 kdr

now go for that 6th!

BlackMetroid95

The game is decent at best. After i play a frustrating game of Ghosts (Which happens 40-50 percent of the time) i watch youtube. Youtubers like TheMarkOfJ, 402THUNDER402 and Drift0r look like their having fun playing it, and i instantly want to go back on for a few more rounds. I never do, but using that example i see what you mean. It just boils down that this game is competitive (most of the time...dont quote me on that) and fun. 

nintendon't

It's not that Ghosts is competitive, it's that the playing field is just so equalized to the point where anyone can get a kill and do well (even Pauly ) regardless of how good they actually are.  It's like the Mario Kart of FPS now.

the1andonlyIKY

well, that's your own opinion.

as someone recently said: "Not all noobs will be noobs forever."

nintendon't

the1andonlyIKY wrote:

well, that's your own opinion

Not so much when you factor in the low recoil easy to use high damage weapons, support streaks, spawns designed to make it easy to flank people, easiest unlocks ever, field orders taking the challenge out of getting streaks, ETC ETC. It's obvious the game was made so anyone can feel like a pro, there's no arguing that.

the1andonlyIKY

Even if so.. Why is that such a problem? I mean, think about it this way. We are friends and have played together, yes? I consider myself to be a pretty good player. Not the greatest, but pretty good. I consider you to be better than me, and more often than not (that I can remember) the match-end scoreboard reflected that. But at the same time, why would you look at it as bad if that was reversed, and I bested you more often than not? Which is the way I see you looking at all this. I'm supportive of people getting better, and even though I (and I'm sure I can add you here as well) don't like getting passed up like that, it's bound to happen. None of us are the best, and to be the best you have to beat the best, and yet that still doesn't make you the best. This may seem all off topic and irrelevant..but in my mind it all fits together. This is my favorite CoD yet, and my progress reflects it. Even if the playing field is "equalized" like that, barring connection, a great player should still be able to ultimately best a good player, though not every time. Which is a reason I see plenty of people raging - because they can't rick-roll over every lobby - which is stupid. If you think cheap tactics are to blame, then pull them out yourself or pick them up off the ground. Paper should always beat rock and rock should always beat scissors. That is a basic concept behind the core gameplay of these games. There is a way to combat pretty much everything, and what there isn't then gets patched to try and make up for it.

This was not all directed at you bud. I just kinda end up rambling on sometimes

WiimotesRus02

nintendon't wrote:

Not so much when you factor in the low recoil

Please, PICK UP A WIIMOTE THEN LETS TALK ABOUT RECOIL..

WiimotesRus02

nintendon't wrote:

It's not that Ghosts is competitive, it's that the playing field is just so equalized to the point where anyone can get a kill and do well (even Pauly ) regardless of how good they actually are.  It's like the Mario Kart of FPS now.

But,,,,,,but,,,,,,but!!

Padiego

I still don't know how John managed to avoid all the blue shells we threw at him. Freaking hacker....

GHOSTED

there are still people with 0.3 kdr, so maybe not all of them

WiimotesRus02

Get ya lumps sorted out and everything in your life will come together..

LumpyNuts

my wii u tag is (FTFO) LumpyNutzz btw