8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2014 3:59 AM by starbuckfrack RSS

Thanks for listening! Goodbye Heavy Duty, Hello Gungame!

Great addition to the game, removing a failed playlist and replacing it with a classic, fun party mode! Thanks for listening to the feedback and getting rid of Heavy Duty. Have to say I am very surprised to see Gungame, and it plays pretty well, despite the final weapon being too easy. Thanks again IW.

• Test #1
          Re: Thanks for listening! Goodbye Heavy Duty, Hello Gungame!

what is the final weapon? im a ps3 player so my patch doesnt get uploaded till tomorrow

Last Edited: Jan 28, 2014 12:59 PM
          • Test #1

Just to give some feedback, it plays really well on the medium size maps like Tremor, Flooded, Prison Break. It doesn't play that great on Strikezone the spawns are bad, and Sovereign is just boring even for Gungame.

Positives:

No always-on UAV (stupid feature in BO2)

Same weapon class every game, but a different weapon/attachment combo every game! (huge plus, adds variety to every match)

Fast TTK (plays like HC, so it keeps the game moving and its harder to get stuck on a weapon)

Negatives:

Final weapon is too easy, a combat knife that just requires a stab? It should be just a throwing knife, and if you miss you dont get another one, you either have to pick it up or stab the enemy (the game continues), then pick it up, or die and respawn. Also, this mode really highlights how the lunge in this game is too strong. 

Fast TTK - This goes both ways, it might be a little too easy, getting stuck on a weapon adds to the challenge.

Congrats to IW, adding a fun mode to the game, I'm sure 21000 in the playlist on Day 1 far exceeds projections. We still need more game modes however, Hunted FFA is still abysmal.

Last Edited: Jan 28, 2014 1:35 PM
            • Test #1

Played Gun Game earlier and enjoyed it.

My one compluaint is that some of the maps are too big. They should do what Treyarch did in BO1(but didn't in BO2 for some reason) and purposely make the maps smaller for this mode.

Last Edited: Jan 28, 2014 4:43 PM
              • Test #1

And people complain they dont listen. Figure that one out

Last Edited: Jan 28, 2014 5:44 PM
                • Test #1

Just to wrap up my final thoughts on how Gungame plays, played all day, its great for the game, two things need to be changed.

1. Final Weapon should be a throwing knife, its just too easy to win once you hit the combat knife.

2. The guntype on the bottom right should stay constant, or at least be displayed for significantly longer. Right now it just flashes across the screen, if you dont look you miss it, and personally 75% of the game I had no idea what gun I had in my hand. I kinda just guessed whether it was a full-auto or semi, and a few times I guessed wrong and died. So, just have that display permanently on, so people know what gun they are using.

Last Edited: Jan 28, 2014 11:52 PM