1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 147 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2014 3:50 PM by jeepchick Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Amplify being destroyed is a symbol of conservativism and self preservation for people trying to maintain their place

Sound Whores? Is that a person who uses a headset?

What do you call people who have a HDTV?

• 31. Re: Amplify being destroyed is a symbol of conservativism and self preservation for people trying to maintain their place
          nuttin2say

While I think the OP is completely off his rocker ... I agree with the sentiments you have. Sort of. DS is a must-have when flanking so, in a way, I get a benefit from the changes. On the other hand, people that previous did not know how the perk worked now don't have to figure it out. That means it is as easy for a noob to flank me as it is for a DS veteran.

At the end of the day, I think this was a bad decision by IW. The reasons the OP complains are asinine, yes, but the change is a bad idea in the long run.

The Easy Button strikes again!

• 32. Re: Amplify being destroyed is a symbol of conservativism and self preservation for people trying to maintain their place

The term is generally applied to those that use any sort of sound system other than the normal speakers of a tv to try and get some sort of sound based advantage over other players. More commonly applied to those with head sets or surround sound stereo equipment. Thinking that because they have such things they are entitled to a better game experience than someone without them. When really it should not be so in order to keep the game balanced and fair for everyone in general.

They generally are the type that camped near objectives with DS/AMP and waited until they heard someone before coming out. Such as those that would camp bomb sites in demo, sabo, snd and wait for the plant sound to rush the planter for an easy kill. Or if they were the planter wait for the defuse sound to rush the defuser for an easy kill.

They also were generally the type that camped doorways, corners, windows and remained hidden until they heard some one get close then with reveal them self as they make the easy kill. or used it as defensive measures against anyone trying to flank them from the sides or behind if they were in a room that had more than one way in an out. Which is why some are now upset that it has been changed. since it wont work as well for them and now they have to actually look around more instead of just remained in ads tunnel vision mode staring only straight ahead unless a sound alerted then to turn.

An hdtv sound system is not necessarily superior to a non hdtv.  There are many non hdtv's that had high quality sound systems to them as well.

• 33. Re: Amplify being destroyed is a symbol of conservativism and self preservation for people trying to maintain their place
              JDCOMPACTMAN

The 3-4 hours I played since the patch(mostly in FFA), the camping was "CRAZY" !Couldn't hardly move without someone sitting in a corner waiting.

• 34. Re: Amplify being destroyed is a symbol of conservativism and self preservation for people trying to maintain their place
                Bielsalmighty

Those planter/defuser kill examples are still easily possible with TV speakers. You dont need the directional sound offered by Surround Sound or Headphones for that....

• 35. Re: Amplify being destroyed is a symbol of conservativism and self preservation for people trying to maintain their place
                  MadOne2099

I honesty feel that both Dead Silence and Amplify should be removed from the game as this would level the playing field. You hear me, I hear you. Problem solved. Neither perk is really needed in the game anyway.

• 36. Re: Amplify being destroyed is a symbol of conservativism and self preservation for people trying to maintain their place
                    SitRepPro

I played some FFA in BO2 and corner camping was very popular there, though I expected it to be.  Footstep sounds there were basically non-existent so I'm not sure how much of a change this will make to camping.  It might help but large maps with 6 v 6 (I like Stonehaven but it's not for 6 v 6), spawns giving players double deaths, and the lack of a scorestreak system might be playing a larger role in people camping than others might think.  I use both DS and Amplify myself.

• 37. Re: Amplify being destroyed is a symbol of conservativism and self preservation for people trying to maintain their place
                      phxs72

I actually read this post because I thought that the title is off the wall enough to be worth the read.  So let's get into it.  Amplify wasn't nerfed.  DS was buffed.  Amplify works just as it always has.  The reason that you are frustrated is that DS was buffed to be completely silent to non-amplify users.  I know that sounds strange but the way that they accomplished this is to remove the sound advantage that high end headset users have been exploiting for years.  Basically the DS buff took away your headset perk.  So now if you want to hear DS users you will have to use Amplify to do it.  In other words you now have to play on the same playing field as everyone else that didn't buy a high end headset does and that means that you will have to work more for your kills.  The sounds are still there but they are more subtile than you are used to.  Your ears will adjust but you are going to have to use Amplify to hear them now.

So here's some advice for you, if you are stat crazy then it may be time to switch to a new title because you are going to have a learning curve to get through.  And while you may still do quite well by most people's standards you likely will not do well by your own standards.

If, however, you are not stat crazy then there's hope.  You will still have to go through the learning curve but you will find that in doing so, you will become much more familiar with the spawns than you have ever been.  You will learn to take better routes through the map than you have ever used and in the long run you will grow as a player.  I actually played BO1 and half or better of MW3 without a headset.  Once I got one I could hear the advantages that it gives but that early time spent without one taught me a lot.  I think that you will find it a good learning experience in the end if you stick with it.

• 38. Re: Amplify being destroyed is a symbol of conservativism and self preservation for people trying to maintain their place
                        Sledgehammer23248

i enjoyed you post and didn't consider it whinning.  more of a complaint which this is the place to do that... however, i'm actually glad they buffed DS as i'm typically a rover/flanker and with many people using AMP, i felt like i had to camp more than i have in other titles.  last night was refreshing to play where people couldn't hear from 1/2 across the map that i was flanking them.  i understand if i'm in the same area but when i'm on 1 side and they are on the other side, this was annoying which caused camping and everyone hates camping... well most do.

• 39. Re: Amplify being destroyed is a symbol of conservativism and self preservation for people trying to maintain their place
                          kustom shoota

The funny thing is I have OFFICIALLY only.... 50+350+500+378 amplify kills total on my character out of... 33,300. 

Anyone who thinks this is your "crutch" user complaining didn't read the post.

This is about destroying great game design for the sake of the bottom line.

I cut through the actual gameplay crap as you can see.

My KD since last night has gone from 1.548 - 1.556 playing solo, mind you, at 33,300 kills.  I am currently playing at a 3.0+ clip game in and game out.  This is not a crutch, those posts are actually just nothin but haters hating.

This thread is exactly about the title.  People bring down great things all too often for the sake of self interest without looking at what they are doing.  This isn't modifying a gun because it's too powerful within a weapon engine that already has flaws that people just deal with.

They took the best aspect of the game and muddled it up, sound is not as indicative as they programmed it to be anymore for the sake of benefitting the bottom line.  Instead of building up the game and adding better sound, they decide to destroy sound in the game by boosting a perk that simplifies the game instead of adding to it.  This is not a great indicator of the future Activision has in store for COD players.  That's what I'm getting at and always getting at.

It is the CONSERVATIVE move to hold back something potentially great (indicative and useful audio) to enhance something that essentially makes the COD coding easier (dead silence).. This means that yes, on the outside they care about competitive balance.  But in reality, everyone knows that this is the SELF PRESERVATING move in order to keep more gamers who after spending 3K total into the industry by buying TVs, Xboxes, Controllers, Game, Season Pass, Gold, that the trickle down effect has to end somewhere, that place is peripherals (5 dollar earbuds) that have no true connection to the gaming industry.

If Beats Audio teammed up with COD, you can guarantee amplify would be a showcased perk and NEVER get nerfed.

If COD had their own official headsets they sold, amplify would NOT have gotten nerfed. End of story.

So, instead of projecting into the future as a fan of game design hoping for true innovations in the world of sound for the COD franchise (amongst every other thing) and how they can add more and more details and wrinkles and gameplay factors, much like how they added leaping to prone/sliding, you can safely assume that there will be no impressive and/or interactive gameplay wrinkles dealing with audio in the near future and possibly ever.

This move is a move that projects future CODS to get their mediocre reviews that will only get worse and worse because the game is trending towards staying the same at this point.  So, in the short term they appease more players, but in the long term the whole enchilada of COD is proving that they aren't going to overcome it's current reputation of just being a trash franchise that sucks the life out of the rest of the industry by keeping the game the exact same, because it's afraid to make a bold move and make the game MORE, instead it's a game of LESS.

It's self preservation on behalf of Activision to green light this move.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next