7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 12:48 PM by boybad RSS

Fed up with people

1984garycfc08

so for the last 3 nights have been trying to find a decent game of zombies with the misses and all we get is people quitting when they die is there anyway you can you do 2 player and get your score on the leader boards?? xbox platform

if you are in the same boat then message me and i will add you if you are not a kid no offence but we normally end up going till around 2-4am on a friday and sat night

• Re: Fed up with people
          Cheesegrater28

You can each plug in a second controller and sign them in as a guest. Then quit them out at the last second of the menu countdown before the map starts. That's the only way I'm aware of to get a two player game and have it count, unless they patched it.

1984garycfc08

yeah but then you get the reconnect control flashing up alot. i do like playing with 4 people but so many quitters out there is so annoying

Cheesegrater28

Yeah, getting a good 4 player random game is hard. At least one player will quit out by round 25. Can only think of a couple times when all 4 stayed in the whole time. As far as the reconnect controller goes, I think you can just sign them out and then turn the controllers off. Shouldn't really pop up during the game. Just sucks Treyarch couldn't make it easy and have Custom games on Original Settings count. They thought they did make it like that, but never fixed it after they realized it didn't work.

GulfCoastGirl

1984garycfc08 wrote:

yeah but then you get the reconnect control flashing up alot. i do like playing with 4 people but so many quitters out there is so annoying

You aren't doing it right.  When you log in your second controller as guest you are not just turning it off  (that's when you get the reconnect controller message) nor are you using the B to back out of game.

Here are the correct steps:

1. Have both players sign in second controller as GUEST

2. Ready up

3. As soon as the game appears to be starting hit the XBOX button in the middle of your controller (on the second controller) and then hit X (it will be labeled "switch profiles").  Hover over the Yes option but don't hit it yet

4. Listen to the countdown beeps (you need to be quiet so you can pay attention, there are 4 beeps).

5.  When it gets to the 3rd or 4th beep, hit the YES option and it will sign that controller out but doesn't actually turn it off.  You can either pull the battery pack or just let it turn off by itself after 15 minutes.

If you do the steps above you will not get the "reconnect controller" message and you will easily have a 2 player public game. 

killerofzombs87

well if you want il play i dont rage quit. i have plenty of time to play no limits ive got a few others who are reliable also. i take it xbox? well my gt is slayerofzombs87 if you want to

maxslick

I know what you mean.

You must remember though that with the game being over 1 year old now, most of the avid Zombie slayers have gone into hibernation and will probably not come back.

Thus you are left with a larger portion in the pool full of the usual casual/random gamers, trolls and of course the quitters since the good players have been diluted.

Funny how the quitters always come back for more and end up quitting anyway.

I suggest you continue to build on your reliable group of friends and stick with that. Or join a (zombie) clan from your timezone.

Good luck and enjoy the zombie slaying!