26 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2014 12:11 PM by shonk RSS

What is being done to inforce punishment on the cheaters?

I can drop in to almost any match in Call Of Duty Ghost and there will be someone cheating. Be it Team Death, Domination, Search and Destroy, or even the Squads matches. The cheaters are everywhere! I have reported them and the just get new gamer tags and post stuff on youTube. they will even brag in the videos about it that they are not even worried if they get banned cause they can always get a new gamerstag and get back in. Something need to be done be it putting scouts in the game looking for these people or put them in a cheaters vs cheaters game where that's all they can play or bann them from multi player completely.

• Re: What is being done to inforce punishment on the cheaters?
          obzi

In my opinion yes, there are people cheating in Ghosts but I don't think (so far) it's quite the epidemic you seem to think it is.

Almost every game?  Really?

I have reported a few, I saw a guy jumping up onto the top a building on Tremor for example but I'm seeing far fewer boosters than usual and zero lag switchers so far.

There are some incredibly good players on COD, there are those who take advantage of their connection and then there are those who just had a very lucky game, I don't report people just because I got thrashed like some seem to do.

The guys monitoring the Ghosts must be swamped by false reports making their job of finding and banning the real cheats so much more difficult.

You can help them do a better job by being absolutely sure before you hit that report button.

iHattoriHanzo0

Anything less than waterboarding is shunned upon.

waterboarding.jpg

Its just a joke. Take it easy.

zingaa

I'm sure they get thousands of reports a day, so for them to get all of them is impossible. So basically they get away with it and will continue to do so.

SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

" ... I can drop in to almost any match in Call Of Duty Ghost and there will be someone cheating. Be it Team Death, Domination, Search and Destroy, or even the Squads matches. The cheaters are everywhere! ... "

British Scientists (c) have determined that a generic brand tin foils are as affective as leading brands in constructing brain-protecting, sanity-saving tin-hats.

zingaa

What are you defining as cheaters? I've probably played too many games and I've yet to see someone that's "cheating", I've seen a few players 10th prestige with 1 day play time, but only a few, doesn't seem to be an epidemic like BO2.

Cheating as defined is anything outside of the actual basic game play that allows an added advantage to said player such as moded controlers, lag switches, cranked timers, rebirth hack, perk master etc... this give the player unfair advantage over other players. u find them easily when they have a 25-30+ kill  and nobody on their team or the other team has more then 15 kills depending on the type of match your in. or they call in a drop  less then 1 min into the game and also call in chooper and a juggernaut and they only have 5 kills in the match. The best one is when a clan shows up and the score is 75 to 10 and u dump an entire lmg belt into a player that is less then 10 ft facing away and does not die turns and then walks up to u and knifes you. THAT IS CHEATING!!!! and me and my CLAN report these cheaters as the forums say and some will get banned but others just get a new tag and play on and will even put it up in youtube and brag about it.

DeeJay85

If anything is being done to punish anyone the public may never know,if there is any sort of punishment it gets dealt with privately.

Bielsalmighty

Actually you can quite easily find the ToS for the game, and knowledge of what you get banned for and how is pretty well known too. Hacking leads to a permanent ban from CoD MP and is often passed along to the platform manufacturer where appropriate for them to take action on. MS for example will hit your console offline for good.

Boosting tended to be a weeks ban and stat reset (apart from deaths bahahahahahaha) for generic boosters, more prolific offenders get permabanned. I believe detected unauthorised peripherals (modded controller etc) leads to a weeks ban for first time offence, permaban for persistence.

EDIT: Also, for a report to be effective you HAVE to have been in a game/lobby with said player, or else it'll come up as a false report and count against the priority your report is given. If your reports seem to be ignored, you need to re-evaluate your outlook on other peoples abilities and/or the possibility you may be lagging like a beast.

DeeJay85

No, not a single soul outside of the player in question should or will receive a message. Clearly you still don't understand what I have been saying.

You cant stop it completely ever. Where there is a will there is a way and no punishment system will ever work 100% of the time and be 100% effective.

So here is my input... I see people have like 2 days played, max prestige, 500k pts a game, 7.0 KDs etc: they are cheaters, you have to think just because someone is maxed dont mean theyre cheating, Infinityward Has stated, anyone with less than 6 days played, cannot be max prestige without cheating.

I Dream of a Call of Duty where leaderboards and prestige actually mean something..

the term cheating also needs stricter definitions. you have your run of the mill cheating like boosting and hacking. i run into boosters by the dozens during clan wars weeks... more so in the specialty games like s&d, s&r and even in blitz today... had 2 players jump in late and were added to my group... just stood around and effectively made it 6 on 4... trash...

the one problem that does get under my skin is all of the people cruising youtube looking for the over abundance of off map glitches. walking the thin edge of a wall to hid in places where you have no way to attack other than head on or a cross map noobtube (degrading to have to do but completely satisfying). this kind of thing gets real bad on Prison Break... the whole  B-flag road is more or less an off map hiding place. put on a ghillie suit and incog and they're virtually impossible to see, and due to the branches the tube trick won work...

i know it'll just fall into the category of bad etiquette and just prove the trash from the hardened players, but an unfair advantage is an unfair advantage.

Ajaffaroo

I can say that it is the epidemic that he describes

Match after match after match i see the same thing

Im personally very suspicious of people who dont see this happening as much as we do. You dont have to look for it, you cant miss it. Its like the people who boost are the ones saying its not that common. I know its a far stretch but thats how i feel when 1 in 3 matches end up with boosters. Some as plain as day. Was playing a search and rescue on fog today and the whole enemy team was just trying to climb a tree with our last man standing shooting and trying to miss them on purpose and not being shot at himself. Now its not all as obvious as that but that was just plain disruptive. 27 deaths to 2 kills with other team player at 25 to 1, things like this on most matches just to get a helopilot which isnt that difficult anyway

I don't think there is anything wrong with research... the VETs of the game look for those hiding places and tricks

starbuckfrack

You know that there is a 50 dollar punishment everytime a cheater gets banned from the game, hence the reason they have to get a new gamertag to play.

And NO. When you report a cheater in almost every game you play your Rep goes WAY down because there arent that many cheaters out there. So you basically throw all the actual real cheaters away when you destroy your rep, nothing will ever happen to the real ones.

Before assuming someone is cheating go to the playback and confirm it!  I have watch the replays and some people are good especially when teamed.  A team a two is common but a team of three can change the feel of the game especially well planned and organized. 

I was intrigued by the MOD controllers that can give an advantage, but also know that a weak skipping connection (glitching) can provide an advantage.  Hackers are rare until they share their secrete, but the worst and most obvious are the boosters.  Hiding in plane view <<<  I know right!  tactical insertions should have a limit to how many time they can be used in a specific area... really 10 deaths within a minute, something real ...right!

ok i am a true master and i have see other my time playing the game other 1000s of hacker who hacked master it really anoying that activison is that rubbish not to ban there account i had to kick a few people out of my clan for hacking afew name are [Removed by Moderator]

I am never been so anoyed in a waste of money where people are hacking prestages and k.d and leader boards and camos and lobbys so what the point in playing the game really and activison are clearly not ding anything as i report them and there still on a month later.

The easy way you can tell if they hacked or not is time played it takes a day to prestage 10 prestages = 10days game play
                                              other way is when they got there 1st achivment for the game work out how many days from that
                                              or in game leaderboards you cant hack them yet i dont think but actvison best start banning people soon i am fed up seeing people who are 1 day game play prestage master 20/00 kd its wrong also B11A PURE GAMER is hosting them .#

shonk

I have over 3000 games played and have a 2.3kd 15000 blitz captures and play hard obj in a 6man

and dont play for k/d but the win

warhawk and prison break are the only maps i dont capture

on them maps i take one of the map lockdown locations

My team mates have between a 3 and 8 k/d (not dashboarded)

we lock the map down to stop people running around like headless chickens

e.g. we give you an area of around 25% of the map to move around in

once you leave that area you are going to die

Out of 3000+ Games played i have had 12 legit losses 148 blitz glitched losses where the enemy quits out

and you get a loss for winning we never ever dashboard or rage quit and take a loss with style

for example i was on an 834 winstreak the other day and a six man of very laggy players merged with us

think 10000 miles away and all had good k/d's (and laggy players are hard to drop trust me)

there was 3 of my regular team and 3 randy ish team mates as it was 4am and we where running low

on players

the three randy's fell apart so me and my two regular team mates took defensive posture around the blitz

and sent the 6man with 3k/d's quad neg

but the end result was a loss that we took, but got messages at the end of the game saying well played etc.

and it was nice to have a challenge etc..

anyway back to the topic

we get atleast 20 messages a day calling us hackers and reported etc..

just as they have been kem'd 8 times in a game we are hackers umm ok

now from my point of view i have as i said played over 3000 games

in that time i have seen around 15 people with unlimited perks

and three people with god mode and i believe they have been patched now

oh and i have seen one guy with a full on aim bot and god mode

these kid's are allways as* cheaks anyway so it doesnt affect the outcome of the game

we just finish it up quickly

so just because you get slapped or wall banged loads doesnt mean they are hackers

example..

I kem'd warhawk yesterday wall banging bar the whole first half / killing people who rushed out of there

I had 4 messages after the game calling me a hacker

if you are going to dribble in bar your gona get wall banged end of