9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2014 6:39 AM by maccabi RSS

Interesting - COD upgrade $10 and trade In Your Old Console, Get $100 Off Xbox One

I have both the xbox 360 and xbox one.  I am thinking about doing this.  Especially, with the trade up from COD Ghost for $10.  Anyone else considering?

Trade In Your Old Console, Get $100 Off Xbox One

Store Offers - Microsoft Store

• Re: Interesting - COD upgrade $10 and trade In Your Old Console, Get $100 Off Xbox One
          maccabi

Zhbog wrote:

I have both the xbox 360 and xbox one.  I am thinking about doing this.  Especially, with the trade up from COD Ghost for $10.  Anyone else considering?

Trade In Your Old Console, Get $100 Off Xbox One

or.. don't trade in your ps3, buy a ps4 (better console and $100 cheaper) and still spend exactly the same and still own the ps3

• Re: Interesting - COD upgrade $10 and trade In Your Old Console, Get $100 Off Xbox One
              Flacksguy

WHy is it always the Playstation crowd that tries to start this console wars crap?

On every forum I go to, its a PS guy coming into an Xbox thread and giving the 'Playstation is better' garbage. I swear I think the PS guys have an inferiority complex.

I'm sorry to break this to you: It's not better just because YOU think its better.

To the OP:

I personally wouldn't trade my 360. There is a huge library of games out there that you would not be able to play, and prices will be dropping on them as we move farther away from the last gen consoles. Plus, you may just want to play an old favorite some time. Hell, I still have my Sega Genesis hooked up downstairs and play NHL 95 once in a while. I only wish I still had my Atari.

My old consoles aren't going anywhere, I'd rather wait for a price drop on the X1.

starbuckfrack

Its funny, Microsoft did a 180 that completely benefited the community, Sonys 180 totally screwed them over.

All I got to say to the Sony crowd is good luck buying old PS games on the PS4, the RENTAL service they are coming out with means you will never actually own the old game that you love. Good luck probably paying upwards of 30 bucks a month to own nothing.

BTW Gamestop is offering more than 100 bucks on your trade in.

gotsomestars

Its not just better because 1 person says so. Its a better gaming machine period. Also its outselling the Xbox by over a million units. I have both, the ps4 is night and day better.

Flacksguy

You mean, you THINK it is a better gaming machine, period.

It is impossible to determine which console is better.....neither is BETTER than the other, they are different. You may LIKE the PS3/4 better, I may LIKE the 360/One better. That may make them BETTER choices for us as individuals, but there is no way to say in a blanket statement: console A is better than console B.

Now yes, it is true than Sony has sold more PS4s, however keep in mind that the Halo crowd...myself included...is waiting patientlly lto see if MS releases a Halo themed console.

But I still don't understand why PS guys come in here anyway. This is the Ghosts Xbox 360 section correct? Why would you be in a thread about a console you don't even like?

I don't have the spare time to mess around in other sections. I've never even been in the PS3 or PS4 section.

. .and I HAVE a PS3. When I have spare time, I'm PLAYING MY 360!

Are PS players that bored that they have time to jump into every Xbox thread they see and try to start trouble? I swear I see this ALL THE TIME.

maccabi

Flacksguy wrote:

WHy is it always the Playstation crowd that tries to start this console wars crap?

On every forum I go to, its a PS guy coming into an Xbox thread and giving the 'Playstation is better' garbage. I swear I think the PS guys have an inferiority complex.

I'm sorry to break this to you: It's not better just because YOU think its better.

great reply... small problem I have always been a die hard  xbox player, last ps i owned was a ps1

so theres not really some underlying bias when i say the ps4 is better than the xb1 , its basically a given now even the most die hard xbox players can see that

zingaa

I remember after the PS3 store got hacked a few years back Microsoft offered the same type of deal, which I took advantage of and traded in my old bricked PS3 (still have slim) and got my xbox

starbuckfrack

A hundred dollars off the XBox one ? Really ?

Oh wait THAT is if you trade in your old console. NEVER do that because then you cant play your older games.

SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

Don't trade in your 360. I still fire it up and hit it in BO2 with diamond camoes. It's much more fun not to worry about your K/D anymore and just run around shooting anything that moves. I almost forgot how much fun good 'ol Nuketown is. Also, the number of players on One is way less  than on 360.

To PS3/4 fanboys, you can't judge a console by itself, you must take into account the online gaming service as well, and (imho) the Xbox Live is far superior to PSN+ when it comes to down time, stability, available features, etc. How can you even game with that funky controller twisting your hands into pretzels, I see a future class action law suit for developed carpal tunnel syndrome.

starbuckfrack

Dont forget the game availability as well.

And the fact that no one has gotten their CC info stolen off of Xbox Live. People forget how about not sol long ago when the PSN Network was down for a whole month and Sony didnt tell the public their CC inf was stolen until about 2 months after it happened.Not telling the public about the theft was actually a crime committed by Sony but no hotshot lawyer decided to take the case.

Sony couldnt even pretend that they cared about their customers.

According to the honest reviews the Xbox and the PS4 are basically the same.