1 2 3 Previous Next 71 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2014 4:06 PM by nuttin2say RSS

Backing Out of Losing Games Shouldn't Count (Not Rage Quitting)

If we get thrown into an on going match that your he is currently losing so bad that you won't win, then when we back out, we shouldn't be given a lose. My win ratio would be so much higher if it wasn't for that. I don't like playing on going matches, especially when the scores 160 to 65 in domination. I instantly back out of them, I'm not going to waste my time getting spawn trapped. If you rage quit, then fine, have it count as a lose. However, if you're going to throw me into an already losing lobby, I shouldn't be punished because the the you wanna put me on allowed themselves to get into that situation.

Latest reply: on Feb 6, 2014 4:06 PM by Replies: 71 in GHOSTS GENERAL DISCUSSION
      arcaver
        • Test #1
          1. Re: Backing Out of Losing Games Shouldn't Count (Not Rage Quitting)

Your win ratio wouldn't be much higher. If you didn't rage quit you'd only be put in one losing match a day. Stop quitting problem solved.

Last Edited: Feb 1, 2014 11:12 PM
          • Test #1
            2. Re: Backing Out of Losing Games Shouldn't Count (Not Rage Quitting)

I rage quit as much as you actually read the posts, I don't. But yes when I join an on going game I will check the score before even picking a load out. If there's no chance of a win, I back out. It shouldn't count as a lose for me to back out of it. I'm not going to waste my time on it. I could just time it out and keep your team at a disadvantage until I'm kicked, but I'm trying to avoid all that.

Last Edited: Feb 1, 2014 11:41 PM
            • Test #1
              3. Re: Backing Out of Losing Games Shouldn't Count (Not Rage Quitting)

We all get thrown into matches JIP style. If we didn't have JIP then a lot of games would end in forfeit. It is a necessary evil.

Instead of lobby hopping, just use the unwinnable match as a warm up and take the loss.Better than getting 5 or so losses because you want to find a match where your team is going to, or can win.

You might not mean it - but your actions of lobby hopping causes dramas for everyone else.

Yes, JIP to unwinnable matches suck; but please just take the loss. Then you will be able to start a match from the beginning next time round.

Last Edited: Feb 1, 2014 11:42 PM
              • Test #1
                4. Re: Backing Out of Losing Games Shouldn't Count (Not Rage Quitting)

Wouldn't be put in ongoing matches so much if there was a Probation period for backing out.

Last Edited: Feb 2, 2014 1:10 AM
                • Test #1
                  5. Re: Backing Out of Losing Games Shouldn't Count (Not Rage Quitting)

If you join a game in progress then the result shouldn't count towards your stats. Win or lose.

Last Edited: Feb 2, 2014 1:38 AM
                  • Test #1
                    6. Re: Backing Out of Losing Games Shouldn't Count (Not Rage Quitting)

I agree with this. It should encourage players to stay and just warm up for the next full match. Of course you should still get a loss if you back out --> only to stop the lobby hoppers.

Last Edited: Feb 2, 2014 1:47 AM
                    • Test #1
                      7. Re: Backing Out of Losing Games Shouldn't Count (Not Rage Quitting)

If you join a match regardless if beginning or near the end you commit yourself to that match. No freebies just so your precious stats are not affected.

Backing out a losing match for any reason is still basically rage quitting. You left the match and did not finish it because you were going to lose. So yes you deserve that loss and to have your win streak ended. In fact it should give two losses to anyone that leaves no matter the reason. For the loss they deserve for leaving a match they would have lost and the loss they now most likely causes someone else who joined to replace them.

It should also add an extra death to what ever deaths the person had as well.

Then maybe people would leave less, if there was more effect to their precious stats.

Last Edited: Feb 2, 2014 2:13 AM
                      • Test #1
                        8. Re: Backing Out of Losing Games Shouldn't Count (Not Rage Quitting)

Harsh suggestions tsd, but it would not bother me.

There are odd occasions when you just have to leave - real life matters. But, I could count the number of times I've left a match on my hands (going back a few cods). That has only occurred if the host is that bad that the game is properly unplayable.

Although I guess I'm biased in approach as I've only ever considered stats as personal benchmarks, rather than trying to impress others.

Side note - having a high KD or WL wont let you laid down at the pub, lols

Last Edited: Feb 2, 2014 2:30 AM
                        • Test #1
                          9. Re: Backing Out of Losing Games Shouldn't Count (Not Rage Quitting)

When joining a game already in progress and you go into spectate and find your not going to join the game for whatever reason and back out before joining then no it should not count as a loss. If you pick your load out join then back out if even for a second then yes it should count as a loss. The options are there for us to use so no punishment for using the options that are there for us in the first place. Lately been seeing people leave quite a bit from the winning teams. All that being said and since the tools are there for people to back out for whatever reason good or bad the ones I feel that should be punished are the ones that dashboard.

Last Edited: Feb 2, 2014 3:56 AM
                          1 2 3 Previous Next