25 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2014 10:34 AM by ghamorra RSS

Why is so much banned on mlg

eleven1181

SStarted playing game battles a few days ago and there's not much you can use, no marksman rifles no msbs and no single or burst fire weapons at all. Why are they considered OP also all kill streaks support and a bunch of perks, plus tracker sights remove but thermal is not.They should allow this stuff in mlg or just remove it from the game.

• Re: Why is so much banned on mlg

lol good luck with that one.  mlg and gb have always been that way.  They are the benchmark for what is op and nooby in the game. 

eleven1181

I Was really surprised all marksman rifles were banned and also single fire but snipers are fine, that's crazy

"They are the benchmark for what is op and nooby in the game."

That does seem to be true but do you disagree with their restrictions? People can ague and have their own opinions on it but i think most of the attachments and guns that are banned are pretty overpowered. Especially the marksman rifles. Headshots are a one shot kill and they're semi auto. The MSBS would be ok if the rate of fire wasn't so high. And i do agree with the original post that if the tracker sight is banned then the thermal sight should be banned too. I think they have gone a little overboard with the perks but when used in the right way some of them can be annoying. Honestly i think playing with MLG rules is more fun. You don't have to deal with being blown up by ied's every 30 seconds and the majority of people aren't going to camp their asses off. A nice change from pubs

cybizzorg

Seems so dumb to "be the best" but be limited.  It's like... you're not that good.  You're only good with what you get.  Try that **** in a public lobby.

WolfRidge

Things are removed from the Pro events to make it a better spectacle for us, if all the killstreaks and perks were on, the game would be over in under a couple of minutes.

I used to play on GB ladders and the the MLG rules help the flow of the game and are ok once you get used to them. I was also surprised about no bolt actions, maybe they're just too OP?

ghamorra

Because MLG players whine about everything. If it kills and it's not their weapon of choice it's OP. That's how MLG logic works.

Schoat333

Most of these MLG players have crazy good gun skills, so MLG tries to eliminate anything that is OP if your accuracy is that high. I'd bet some of these guys have above 90% accuracy.

ghamorra

Schoat333 wrote:

Most of these MLG players have crazy good gun skills, so MLG tries to eliminate anything that is OP if your accuracy is that high. I'd bet some of these guys have above 90% accuracy.

This is laughable. They're no different than the normal player in any public match. Why's does everyone think MLG players are Godly?

Schoat333

Really? Have you ever watched one of their live streams when they are in pubs? They destroy pub players pretty much every time. Sure, there are good pub players that could probably play the game professionally if they wanted, but that is not the majority.

ghamorra

A group of 6 vs a bunch or randoms will always be a beat down. I can smash teams when I'm with my friends but when I play solo it's a struggle.

WolfRidge

There are some fantastic amateur players who can hold their own, but these guys play these games 8 hours a day whilst most of us are working, I don't think they're godly but have amazing Gun skills.  They know the game inside-out all the spawns, tactics etc.  When they play against other Pro's they can be made to look ordinary but they're not.

I think most amateur players would struggle to win a game against a Pro team.

ghamorra

I've played against a few pro teams. Even got in a match against FaZe or one of those groups. We lost the match but I'll be damned if I didn't have every single one of them raging. There not anything special. Sure they'll beat up on casual players but as you said, these casuals don't play often. The idea that MLG players are the best of best therefore their opinions trump all is really getting annoying.

Not saying that's what you're saying, but the hero worship of MLG players is slowly taking over these threads.

WolfRidge

I know what you mean, I don't buy into all that greenwall hype BS, I just admire skill, if you went toe to toe with them, obviously you and your team are good players.

The team I play in could give them a good game, but the hours these guys can dedicate to COD gives them the advantage.

ghamorra

Then, as you say, MLG players are not special. I have 4 friends right now that are max prestige or closing in on hitting their last level 60. I wouldn't be surprised if they already have 10 days played or more. They know this game inside and out but aren't MLG.

What I'm trying to say is, you don't have to be MLG to be good and thus MLG doesn't make you good. All it is is a status. For instance, I know a guy with two 4 year degrees and a Masters. He's about as stupid as they come. He lacks common sense and isn't book smart. Just put the time into going through college and obtained pieces of paper.

This post is laughable. Professional players are considered the best in the game for a reason, and when it comes down to it, it's because their fundamentals (gunskill, spawn knowledge, etc) are at another level compared to other players in the game.

ghamorra

Wubzzii wrote:

This post is laughable. Professional players are considered the best in the game for a reason, and when it comes down to it, it's because their fundamentals (gunskill, spawn knowledge, etc) are at another level compared to other players in the game.

Playing in MLG isn't anything special.

claisty

90% accuracy?  Wow, I run ARs and SMGs most of the time and thought I was doing well being above 25%.  If that number is indeed accurate I would say they're more than proficient with their gun skills.

Ungrateful_Dead

I never knew so much was outlawed until I played in the Clan vs Clan mode that recently adopted eSport rules.  I have to say that I didn't love giving up Stalker, but I don't have a problem with any of the other items that you can't use. 

It pretty much boils down to gun skills, tactics and communication.  It is the way I like to play the game most of the time and I wish it was on more than just the C v C playlist.

"It pretty much boils down to gun skills, tactics and communication."

That is exactly it, call of duty public matches reward people for getting kills at any cost. Camping, C4/Riot shield, IED's. All that BS is going to get you more xp and a better kd. Which is pretty much all anyone cares about in public matches. But GB rewards people for gun skill, tactics, communication and winning games(playing the game properly)

aaces101

Yeah like maybe an esports moshpit.

Ungrateful_Dead

Well, if you jump into Clan vs Clan playlist, there are the choice of  4 on 4 TDM or an Objective mode moshpit (Blitz, Dom, S&D, etc).  They have changed it so you don't have to be a party of 4 anymore, anyone can join in.

It is probably best approach with a small party, as you can run into clan groups who can make it difficult for randoms with little or no communication.  I have done both solo and party in clan v clan and have only been slapped around a couple of times.

PUR4IDO

It's done for a few reason. It's like professional sports, you have to somewhat even out the playing field. Not all pro's are created equals. Plus you want people to watch these eSport events and ppl like to watch competitive matches. Plus, let's be honest most of the **** they ban in the game, needs to be remove from the public game.

ghamorra

PUR4IDO wrote:

Plus, let's be honest most of the **** they ban in the game, needs to be remove from the public game.

Like what?

NoLifeKing32

Amplify and Danger Close are the only legit bans I see. There is nothing wrong with everything else they have banned.

ghamorra

I think most of the complaints about Amplify (at least 80-90%) are from players looking to justify their death by means other than getting outplayed.

1) Headsets these days are so inanely keen to footsteps that I don't need Amplify

2) With Amplify I hear someone 50 yards away as if they're standing right next to me which I don't find helpful at all

Danger Close, I feel was added to the game because of the maps size. Throwing a frag anywhere on Whiteout would be like trying to hit a fish with a rock in the Pacific Ocean. Not saying it needed to be added in, but that's the only reasonable justification to adding this perk which got so much hate in the past.