7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2014 6:15 AM by KC135R RSS

Pre Lobby map voting

Why does this even exist, when 85% of the time it never puts you in a match on the map you voted for; And when it does a jip it magically changes the map you voted for too the jip map? It might as well not exist since it is not really useful.

Plus has anyone ever noticed on a jip match that sometimes it makes both maps possible to vote for suddenly become the jip map? So no matter what it is as if you voted for that map even if you did not.

• Re: Pre Lobby map voting
          ghamorra

The worst part about the pre-lobby and is being lied to when the count down timer says 3 but really it means 0.

I don't meant the lobby vote when your in the lobby itself. I mean when you first go and search for match and you can vote on a map.

ghamorra

I know what you're talking about.

Technically when you're in that phase you're actually in a lobby. If the lobby size is less than 6 memebers though the game tries to either merge another lobby with you or place you in a game. If a lobby merges with you then the maps that are shown are the maps you have to pick from. More often though you'll actually just get thrown into an established lobby.

I have had players join my lobby before, it's rare as there are hundreds, if not thousands of lobbies already established so instead of needlessly creating a new one it will find one already being played.

dtuchpunk

Not getting the maps that's voted on is 9/10 times wehn your lobby merge with other lobby in the last seconds. Map from that lobby wins (even when your lobby is bigger and maps has more votes) I take note of the names of the players in lobby. When game starts the lobby is filled for the rest with other people.

RunAndGun1

I wish they had a mode where each match a map was randomly chosen WITHOUT voting. I'm tired of playing the same damn maps. It makes the game boring sooner then not. It baffles me that Terminal from MW2 was a popular map. I hated that map. But, I would play on it anyway because I just want to play the game and have fun. But...after a while, playing the same maps over and over and over just makes the game go stale like a loaf of old bread. Give us a playlist that's completely random.

I will eventually switch to next gen. I would think on next gen the games can be made with more variety built in. I would love to see that variety in a random choosing of maps. To me it adds longevity to the game, and keeps it fresh in between DLC packs. Just my opinion.

KC135R

plus whatever happend to the tie breaker map? it used to throw you into a 3rd map if the vote is even.