25 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2014 3:57 AM by xlHELLBOUNDlx RSS

You will never guess what I saw today

I saw something today while playing, a player (who I won't name) was running around using the new Maverick sniper rifle in a game of Kill Confirmed on Tremor. Not only that, he had the spectrum camo on the gun. Now I know that us PS3 players don't have access to the Maverick yet but to my knowledge the spectrum camo is only available to microsoft customers for preordering the game. I did the right thing and reported him for both cheating and exploiting (I never know what to pick so I do both). Just thought I would let you all know to be on the look out for people using the new gun before it's release.

• Re: You will never guess what I saw today
          illstplaya2live

Well you did the right thing by reporting him. I remember this happening during black ops 2 as well.

Kothar44

I do believe you.  Yours is not even the first report of this.

A flying wombat.

So a hacker or some sort

Cheaters just suck, I don't understand the point of them cheating! It's just a game, you are not going to die in real life because you get killed in game. They just suck!

Cheaters are no fun!

I'm new to playstation and from what I can see so far is that they don't seem to care as much about cheaters than the xbox does..

Kind of stupid really.. they need a dedicated coding team fixing all the leaderboards and sorting out reported players..

Whats the point in having a report feture if it does not work? they released a video on Xbox explaining that they DON'T ban a player unless there are more than a few reports PP, the more reports they have the quicker they will get banned and if you report someone for NOT exploiting or cheating then you will be tagged as a spammer and your ticket will be left till last.

They do have a dedicated team, or do you mean a team each for xbox and playstation?? The cheaters and hackers do get their comeuppance, you have to understand that they have to deal with thousands upon thousands of reports daily and they then have to sift through and find the genuine reports and process them. If they just started banning everyone who was reported (for proper reasons or just out of spite), there wouldn't be anyone left to play the game.

xlHELLBOUNDlx

Your right they don't seem to care watch the YouTube video hackers busted from machinima. The hacker in that video hasn't been banned and the video was submitted to IW back in August. I run in to unreal behaviour everyday. People jumping two stories high and I have seen the spectrum camo on a number of occasions. It's getting quite sickening the first DLC isn't even out yet and the game is getting ruined. If your new take a gander at the leaderboards. That alone is proof NOTHING is being done. I've brought this topic up so many times forum moderators troll me and lock my discussions to keep me quiet. I even made a post titled " I'm just making this discussion to prove a point" I the said the hacking on ps3 is ridiculous go ahead lock my discussion" that was all I wrote and sure enough they said report in game it's effective blah blah blah and locked my discussion

All we can do is hope they eventually get on top of the situation. If they start handing down more severe punishments, like IP bans, maybe the hackers will get the message that they are not welcome in the community and if they buy the game just to hack it this is the result they will get.

Kothar44

now at least be fair about it.  You and your posts were anything but victims of Activision.

Your first post included name and shame and was locked, with a request to read the forum rules and report in game.

The forum rules they wanted you to read includes "no name and shame allowed"

Your second post was an expletive laced tirade about hackers.  They again requested in game reporting, and closed the thread for language while again giving you a link to forum rules.  The forum rules tell you not to swear like a sailor.

Your third post was a direct challenge to the moderators authority to make decisions on closing threads and actually had very little to do with hackers although they were mentioned.  This time they ignored the part about in game reporting and told you the thread was being closed for publicly challenging the decision of a moderator instead of sending the moderator a PM.  Then they for a third time referred you to the forum rules.  The forum rules say: no public challenging of a mod, use a PM instead.

Look how long THIS thread has been left alone by the mods.  All you need to do is follow the forum rules.  Here is a fourth suggestion.  Read the forum rules and stop whining about how the rules apply to you (just like the rest of us) with no exemption allowed in your case for self induced ignorance.

I definitely don't want this thread locked by the mods. I started it only as a warning to other gamers that I saw another gamer using the Maverick before the release date. I like healthy debate but hopefully it doesn't go too far that it devolves into a whinge war about hackers and Activision apparently not doing anything about it. I support the mods on here and the job they do and also the guys/girls who process and punish those people who feel the need to hack and cheat and ruin the game for those of us wanting to enjoy the game.

xlHELLBOUNDlx

Are you that unintelligent? First off I didn't name anyone I posted a link to a video. What are you a mod brown noser your the ONLY person who doesn't agree with me and my post were asking why proof was ssubmitted to IW in Sept and nothing was done about it the guys still playing. My proof is in the leaderboards Xbox doesnt have these issues why do we have to put up with it. Do you have such a boring life you follow my threads and keep tabs on them. Your probably one of the cheats that need to be banned. I spoke to the moderators via PM he accused me of slander by saying IW doesn't do anything about hackers but I've seen no evidence of this, every now and then you will see someone cry they got banned for foul language or using a modded controller but that's not good enough. Slander was they're only grounds for locking my discussions other then that they had no reason. But apparently we are not allowed to make discussions that go against It's competence.

Ungrateful_Dead

The PS3 is still vulnerable to all the hacks going back several CODs now since the game engine and platform is largely the same.  If something works in one, it can be made to work in the others.  Since I have been on the PS4, I can't say that I have run into anything that obvious.  I do think that they are trying to clean up the mess, but they are fighting an uphill battle.

The strangest hack I ran into was last year when I picked up an Aug from a guy I had killed...in MW3

sorry for being a noob, but how the hell can someone hack a ps3 game?

and so what if he was using a different scope, is it that big an advantage? thanks.

The scope wasn't the issue, it was just how I noticed he was using a different gun in the first place. The Maverick sniper rifle has a different scope as a default scope. The scope itself is an in built tracker scope.

I'm not sure how these people hack the game, and I don't really want to know. I just wish they would stop and let us enjoy the game we paid for.