1 2 3 Previous Next 56 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2014 9:41 PM by ghamorra RSS

My opinions as to why COD: Ghosts is the worst so far

This rant will be separated not by category, but by particular things in the game that don't make any damn sense. So, let's get started.  Let me say this before you get into it. No, I was not saying Black Ops II was the best back in early 2013....but now that Ghosts is out and I've had quite a bit of time to play it, Black Ops II is like the holy grail in comparison.

I.E.D's

Who doesn't this piss off? And who's idea was it to put this into the game and take claymores out? I.E.D's are an omni-directional explosive that have a proximity sensor. Because it's omnidirectional, there's no avoiding it...ever. By the time you even hear it beep you've been blown away.  If the person that has them equipped is also using the danger close perk, even using blast shield won't protect you. Even worse, and I'll touch on this again later....The game will spawn you into an IED after you've just been killed by one. This should have never been put into the game.

OBJECTIVES:

What kind of game doesn't reward players for actually playing the objective? Ghosts. I don't know why, but the game is centered around kills, kills, and more ******* kills. It's as ego centric as it can get. They only time you're rewarded for capturing a base is if you're the first one there. It does not matter if you're there 0.001 seconds after you're teammate, you're not given a point for taking the risk. BULLSHIT.

WEAPONS

M-27, AK-12, and Honey Badger....That's pretty much what the game consists of. These weapons are waaaayyy to easy to handle. You can pretty much press L2 and R2 and are guaranteed a kill no matter what. Even worse, there's no incentive for using other weapons. In Black Ops 2, you were rewarded for mastering guns for each class. In ghosts, you only get a tacky camo. Nothing else. Because of that, players are less likely to use multiple weapons.

SPAWNS/MAP DESIGN

Oh god, where do I start? From the ridiculous large maps, to the unbelievable spawns in those large maps....I'd rather stick to Treyarchs "3-Lane" map design because it's fun to play and it WORKS. Infinity Ward use next-gen hardware to make the maps larger, but all it did was make the already bad spawn system from MW3 even worse. You'll find yourself spawning away from your teammates resulting in an instant death within 5-10 seconds. Maps are far too large and they have way too many flank routes....You can't even react by the time you're dead.

SPM/MATCHMAKING

Score-per-Minute or SPM for short was the best thing to happen to Call of Duty in Black ops II. You were matched with other players based on SPM which made it a more even match. But in Ghosts the matchmaking prioritizes your ping times instead. Ping is pretty much your latency, fater the internet = lower latency. So you're in a team deathmatch and you have a 1.3 K/D, your teammates have <1.0 K/D. The other team has at least one or two players that have 2.0> K/D's....This is fair? The fact that I know I'm going to lose the match before I even play it should NEVER occur. EVER. Oh, and joining games in progress for an instant loss....let's not forget that.

KILLSTREAKS

Not only does Ghosts not reward players for playing objectives, using multiple weapons, or playing as a team. But even the killstreaks aren't rewarding. Everything is nerfed....Every single one. The Helicopter is the only killstreak that will do something. The Vulture is beyond useless and you'd be lucky to get two kills from a Trinity Rocket. The IMS is still the guaranteed 4 kills it always was and the dog kills you before it even touches you. And since players aren't rewarded for objectives, camping has soared to new heights. All because people are scared to lose that helicopter. People are taking less risks because of the lackluster rewards....What I mean by this is since objectives aren't rewarding, people tend to use only the low killstreaks like dogs and the IMS.

THE NEW "PERKS" SYSTEM

Deadeye....Why did we need this Infinity Ward? WHY?  Deadey increases the chance of critical damage with consecutive kills. So that means instead of making kill chaining harder, you make it easier? Makes perfect sense. Danger close, Deadeye, Off the Grid, and all thesee other annoying perks were added to the game for the sole purpose of trolling. Anyone can run around with C4 and Danger Close....Perks like these weren't in the other games for a reason. To add to that, Why did we feel the need to separate the perks that had multiple benefits into multiple perks with one benefit. Stick with the three perk system....And stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

MISC.

The little annoyances....Like this: in order to mute someone (PS4) you need to press options, then go to mute players, then select the player and hit X. Or press Triangle and then select mute all but party.  Why does it take so many steps to mute someone when it should just be the same way it's always been...Open the scoreboard, and hit X on the player to mute....A lot quicker ain't it?  Create-A-Soldier is another. It takes way too many tedious steps just to change your clan tag, background, or patch....Six Custom classes, how did we go from 10 to 6? Operations....I love completing challenges (Same as operations in Ghosts) because it helps me level up quicker...NOPE. In ghosts you're given a list of certain operations that you must complete in a specific amount of time in order to claim it's reward. Which it's not worth doing the operation anyway because the XP reward is minimal anyway....Once again, I'm going full circle with that "lack of rewards" bullshit.

CONCLUSION

If I had to describe the game in one word it would be Abysmal. It literally is. It's a bigger screw up than Modern Warfare 3 was....And that's saying something. There were three studios working on this game...THREE. (Infinity Ward, Neversoft, and Raven) They still couldn't pump out a decent game. I look forward to Treyarch's leap into Next-Gen. Hopefully they make something playable.

• 1. Re: My opinions as to why COD: Ghosts is the worst so far
          Izjar11

These games cannot please every one, this is a impossibility but I have some questions for you: 

Question: If you are so unsatisfied with COD series (since you make a MW3 reference) why are you

A) Purchasing these games at all?

B) Here explaining yourself to us who play and (mostly) enjoy it?

Im mostly curious to why anyone subjects themselves to a game they find so many faults in, its curious and bizarre why. I don't mean you any insult, or anything negative. 

• 2. Re: My opinions as to why COD: Ghosts is the worst so far

Call of Duty is my go-to Multiplayer game...That's it. I don't enjoy Battlefield and I did enjoy The Last of Us Multiplayer...but no one plays it. I play it during the time between major game releases. Once infamous second son and the order 1866 are out I won't even touch Call of Duty.

As for my negativity, I'm very tolerant for this game series' mistakes, but this is ridiculous. The game overall is boring. So boring to the point I'm thinking of trading it in.....which will be the first because I still have all the others since MW2 when I started playing Multiplayer. I wasn't a fan of Black Ops II's 3 lanes at first. But when that games life cycle ended and I played Ghosts I started to miss it because it was actually fun to play.

• 3. Re: My opinions as to why COD: Ghosts is the worst so far
              Izjar11

goku1910 wrote:

As for my negativity, I'm very tolerant for this game series' mistakes, but this is ridiculous. The game overall is boring. So boring to the point I'm thinking of trading it in.....which will be the first because I still have all the others since MW2 when I started playing Multiplayer. I wasn't a fan of Black Ops II's 3 lanes at first. But when that games life cycle ended and I played Ghosts I started to miss it because it was actually fun to play.

Mistakes? Unless you capable of producing a better game calling them out on "mistakes" is seriously presumptions and far fetched on your part. We all experience "boring" this is normal. If your bored, you would have already turned it in by now.

Your final sentence reads this: The game plays better after I learn it and compare it to another?

How does something become fun when you use to bash it?

Look I am sorry, for bugging you. Its just your reasoning isn't making sense, you hated BO2 when it was the title to play and compare, and now your doing EXACTLY the same to Ghost. I wont be surprised to see you here talking about how "terrible" the new title is and that you miss Ghost.

You REALLY should stop carrying about so much hate and dissatisfaction in a video game, you don't like STOP playing. You clearly still play the game, that means you like it! Man up to it.

• 4. Re: My opinions as to why COD: Ghosts is the worst so far

No what I'm saying is back in 2013 I wasn't saying Black Ops 2 was the best ever....But I was disappointed in Ghosts. So now I'm going back to playing black ops 2. I did the same with MW3/MW2. (I wasn't a fan of Black ops)

What this means is Black ops 2 wasn't as bad as I thought now that ghosts turned out be as bad as it did.

Ghosts will be the first time I trade in a call of duty. with Gamestop giving an extra $10 on PS4 games, it's all the more appealing so I can buy Tomb Raider and have a decent game to play.

No need to get all defensive COD fanboy. You like every one that comes out don't you?

• 5. Re: Re: My opinions as to why COD: Ghosts is the worst so far
                  Izjar11

No what I'm saying is back in 2013 I wasn't saying Black Ops 2 was the best ever....But I was disappointed in Ghosts. So now I'm going back to playing black ops 2. I did the same with MW3/MW2. (I wasn't a fan of Black ops)

What this means is Black ops 2 wasn't as bad as I thought now that ghosts turned out be as bad as it did.

So you play a game you purposefully do not like, to wait for the future game you might like, then discover you hate it and now consider the old one better? So whats to say you wont change your mind in February 2015? Confused much?

Ghosts will be the first time I trade in a call of duty. with Gamestop giving an extra $10 on PS4 games, it's all the more appealing so I can buy Tomb Raider and have a decent game to play.

You talk and talk about doing this, yet you probably havent done it. I just hope you dont come back here to say "Why did I sell Ghost" blah blah.

No need to get all defensive COD fanboy. You like every one that comes out don't you?

Fanboy, hahaha coming from a guy who hates to love these games, I at least am no hypocrite when it comes to playing the game.

Lets read:

"This game is a serious joke, even more than MW3 was after they ruined it with patches.  I will once again revert back to MW2 and deal with hackers because it's still more fun than this garbage."

Quoted from: Glad I didn't buy the Season Pass....

Or this gem:

"Treyarch, you suck.  The fact that Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer/Raven did better than you is disappointing.  This was your shot to redeem yourself after the atrocious Black Ops PS3 launch, but this sucks just as much."

HAHAHA

You need to reevaluate your gaming decisions.

• 6. Re: Re: My opinions as to why COD: Ghosts is the worst so far

you're still not getting the point. Infinity Ward screwed this game. That's my point. At least when Treyarch made Black Ops 2 it wasn't filled with problems. I can spawn into a game and not die within 5 seconds.

• 7. Re: My opinions as to why COD: Ghosts is the worst so far
                      rankismet

I'll give you bad spawns...

... the rest is your POV.

Great.

Next time, share it without cursing like an out of work truck driver.

• 8. Re: My opinions as to why COD: Ghosts is the worst so far
                        Gerbera

No offense, but after reading through the whole thing, all I'm seeing is "I hate Ghosts because it's not like BO2 and BO2 was way better because it's extremely simple, small, and requires less work, and I don't want to have change how I play from BO2 to adjust to Ghosts".

• 9. Re: Re: My opinions as to why COD: Ghosts is the worst so far
                          Izjar11

goku1910 wrote:

you're still not getting the point. Infinity Ward screwed this game. That's my point. At least when Treyarch made Black Ops 2 it wasn't filled with problems. I can spawn into a game and not die within 5 seconds.

You are not getting the point: You are the problem, YOU not the game, not the spawn. YOU. Taking responsibility for your words, which clearly state you distaste the series calling out that "trey sucks" and that "infinityward did better" and that your bad experience from Black ops didn't merit enough to stop playing the game, that you needed to buy BO2.

1 2 3 Previous Next