14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2014 5:08 AM by zingaa RSS

Will new maps go on normal rotation?

andysig

Can anyone tell me will the new map pack Onslaught, will it ever get on the normal game rotation, as opposed to only having its on game mode?

cheers

• Re: Will new maps go on normal rotation?

I've been complaining about this and several others are as well. The playlist is horrible and always has a low turnout of players. Yet they got us handcuffed into playing the Onslaught playlist or else we can't even enjoy what we paid for. I've really lost any incentive to play this game for the last few days. The season pass was a license for IW to do what they want and screw over the consumer at their will. If I had it to over again I would have just bought the individual map packs as opposed to the season pass to see what kind of fleecing they were trying to pull with downloadable content. Just praying for Blops3 at this point.

Ajaffaroo

Im going back to MW3/MW2 until the maps get sorted out, atleast im fully experienced with them until they go full rotation.

Domination is my game and not BLITZ and SNR, which we are forced to endure more than domination. I do hope they put onslaught domination into its own rather then have to play the old maps in one giant old and new DOM playlist.

Just got Dom in fog one quarter in and only 2 enemy players for the rest of the game

zingaa

Hopefully very soon...

sidenote: How in the hell do people play SnR? Seems like such a boring game mode..

They'll put them in the general rotation soon. Honestly, I was very apprehensive about buying a season pass. In previous releases, I didn't care for the maps. Usually the maps, once released, were too large, and revolved around sniping. Ghost has been different in this regard. The original maps were larger and much more open. The new maps are smaller and more closed. I personally like the new maps and I'm glad I purchased them. You get to be freaking Michael Myers!!!

Goresh14

I really don't understand why the maps couldn't be in the normal rotation and in the Onslaught playlist. The reason I buy new maps is because I'm bored with the old ones. But thats not to say I don't enjoy the old ones, comon IW give us the variety we payed for.

I'm sure they're usually in rotation by now. Could it be something to do with not enough being bought?

zingaa

chris612 wrote:

I'm sure they're usually in rotation by now. Could it be something to do with not enough being bought?

You wouldn't think so, but maybe. The maps are always in rotation within a week, staff layoffs maybe?

Off topic: I'm an early morning player for the most part, and there has always been between 60-90k on-line at my time, the last month I've seen it as low as 18k and no more then 35k. I was on last night 8:00 pm p.s.t. and there was only 102k, which I was really surprised at, I've seen it in the 300k in the past. It does seem the games activity is declining, just by the numbers.

OUHATEME

The new maps have always made it into rotation with the previous cod's some faster than others. So it would be safe to say yes the will but only those that purchased them will be able to play them.

zingaa Have to wonder if the decline in population matches the clan wars finishing , I know after a clan war is done we usually don't play for a few days , wouldn't be surprised if a lot of others take a break as well. Just a thought.

zingaa

OUHATEME wrote:

The new maps have always made it into rotation with the previous cod's some faster than others. So it would be safe to say yes the will but only those that purchased them will be able to play them.

zingaa Have to wonder if the decline in population matches the clan wars finishing , I know after a clan war is done we usually don't play for a few days , wouldn't be surprised if a lot of others take a break as well. Just a thought.

You might be right, never thought of that actually

greyfryer67

They have to be seen to be fair, if they go into general rotation and you haven't paid money for them you can't play them. Imagine being kicked from every other game unless you pay up . They give people a grace period to buy them first and then put them out on general rotation.

Lets face it , they should just either include all downloads free( you have already paid for the game it should be complete)

and/or cost the price of the season pass into the original game.

Back in the day , you bought a game and that was it, any add ons were automatic or they brought out a sequel for you to buy.

I'm showing my age a bit now, I'm going for my meds and a lie down.

Robwolves

In BO2 I bought the DLC's straight away and as I ddin't want to play the DLC solely, I'd play my standard HC playlists. I'm positive the new maps still got thrown in normal rotation and never having to wait a grace period. Don't get me wrong, the new maps didn't always appear for vote that frequently, especially when you kept getting put in lobbies with people who didn't have the DLC yet.

Still, I could've sworn that the new maps always got put in rotation with the standard playlist on launch in addition to the DLC Only playlist.

zingaa

I must be pretty lucky then, I get quite a few Dom games. I'll play KC and occasionally TDM, but never ever ever ever S&R.

Bielsalmighty

I never buy a season pass. Ever. I'd rather pay the extra fiver for having the option to save my money if the game doesn't please me. I may stick with Ghosts for its whole lifecycle, I may not. If I dont then I haven't blown any more cash on it than needed. If I do, oh well I spent an extra £5/10 whatever. I'd rather have the flexibility than sink £50 into an uncertainty.