1 2 3 Previous Next 114 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 9:32 AM by redskynyrd RSS

Choppy games / latency increase

Izjar11

COD,

Is anyone else experiencing more choppy games and more latency game (slow reaction / late reaction) in the game since the last Title update?

The game has been "misbehaving" since then, and it seems either its connecting me badly or the coding has been tampered with. I just dont know.

I mostly can tell these things because the game allows me to run for cover, but the moment I get behind it, I am dead (latency, delayed reaction by the game). This wasnt happening until the last update.

Anyone else?

Any possible solutions?

• 1. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
          the_eon

Yep our clan noticed a reduction in the quality of connection since the latest patch.  We are on ps3 btw. It's still better the previous titles but it's not as good as the first couple of months. Back to the post patch lottery!!

• 2. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
            phxs72

I've been seeing it on the PS3 side as well.  I don't know if it was the patch or if Sony is having issues in general.  I really don't know what is causing it but it is more noticeable than it has been.  For awhile there I considered getting a new router even but then it would clear up for several matches.

• 3. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
              claisty

Yeah, I've noticed it too.  Figured it was my connection.  Last night in particular I had more than a few WTF moments and outbursts, so many in fact that my wife hollered down to my man cave to make sure I was OK.

• 4. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                Thermonuclear1

us too this game has been crap since it came out, but since last T.U> it's been 100 times worse. thanks for nothing infinity ward idiots!!!!!!!!!!

• 5. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                  sennalike

Yep, I have definitely seen an increase in the number of WTF moments. Like others, I just assumed it was my connection. I have noticed less dedicated server matches, I see 'selecting best host' at top of screen, and the match starts differently. That would explain it if true. It's a shame because Ghosts had the best gameplay I have experienced in CoD, but now it's no better than some of the others I have experienced. Fingers crossed it's a temporary thing.

• 6. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                    Izjar11

phxs72 wrote:

I've been seeing it on the PS3 side as well.  I don't know if it was the patch or if Sony is having issues in general.  I really don't know what is causing it but it is more noticeable than it has been.  For awhile there I considered getting a new router even but then it would clear up for several matches.

It might then be a Sony issue, have you been logged of the network or asked to sign in or that you dont have a PSN account?

• 7. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                      Izjar11

the_eon wrote:

Yep our clan noticed a reduction in the quality of connection since the latest patch.  We are on ps3 btw. It's still better the previous titles but it's not as good as the first couple of months. Back to the post patch lottery!!

I asked phxs if he experienced being asked to sign in back to the sony network, have you seen that lately?

• 8. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                        DjangoBlack2

Yes. That's typical IW's crap patching. Since COD4 the first map pack patch destroys my connection. I need more bullets to kill since the patch. I abandoned the game from my PS4 till I hear it's better.

• 9. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                          Tygrastic1

It has felt like there was a difference since last week.  My exact thoughts last night were that I have somehow digressed in skill the past few nights or the playerbase has significantly advanced their skill the past few nights.  Glad I am not the only one.

I noticed it on 'Stonehaven' in the far back of the map where the path goes from the castle to the crash site (PS4).  There are always the framerate issues when moving back there, but it has really seemed to stutter quite a bit more than it already did.  There was another spot on Stormfront where it does it as well.

1 2 3 Previous Next