1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 114 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 9:32 AM by redskynyrd Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
        Raketti

I noticed a declining connection quality since Christmas, but now that you mention the latest TU i started thinking more about it and yes the connection has really gone down the toilet for me ever since it was released.

I'm constantly getting shot around corners and loose gunfights after getting 3-4 hitmarkers with my Honey Badger before the enemy even reacts, and also get killed by people who are not facing me on my on my screen, etc. etc. You die fast in this game, but there still is a difference between a fast death and that awkward damage spike death, which unfortunately are the majority of my deaths as of now.

I wrote to another thread that maybe 1/5 of the lobbies i get into give me a decent connection, i wish that was the case tonight. Played maybe 4hrs and not a single lobby played right, the only reason i bothered to stay online that long was the people i was playing with.

I really hope the game does not remain in this state it is in now, i really like the game and up until recently it has played a lot better than some of the previous lag fests.

• 21. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
          Bielsalmighty

Running with friends generally ups the likelihood of a better connection, as theres more players with a decent connection to you who could pull host.

Solo, its a lottery. Sorry to hear somethings borked for you guys, hope it gets sorted soon *cross-platform fistbump of solidarity*

• 22. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
            Izjar11

Update: As of yesterday my delay has increased, I know am shooting and no bullets are registering. I have re-booted my router multiple times and it works the first moments. Could it be my provider is having issues? I played BF4 and I noticed delays as well.

PSN network or Provider?

• 23. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
              Run_N_Gunning_Camper

How did you reboot your router? With mine, I have to unplug it for a minute or two before plugging it back in. I don't know what's going on but I keep reverting back to moderate NAT after a day. Are you suffering the same thing on PS3?

• 24. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                Bielsalmighty

Very hard to tell TBH. Do Sony have a PSN status update page?

• 25. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                  Izjar11

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

How did you reboot your router? With mine, I have to unplug it for a minute or two before plugging it back in. I don't know what's going on but I keep reverting back to moderate NAT after a day. Are you suffering the same thing on PS3?

I am on the 4 and I do the same, I unplug the router and wait for it to reset. I ran the internet connection test after each looks fine with NAT type2. I'm starting to think its the PSN giving me issues.

• 26. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I forgot to mention that I experienced a handful of host migrations. I never had migrations before. Something changed.

• 27. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                      Izjar11

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

I forgot to mention that I experienced a handful of host migrations. I never had migrations before. Something changed.

this as well, something happened in that last title update, before that all was good. Now = can't play the game.

• 28. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                        Run_N_Gunning_Camper

They don't talk about dedicated servers anymore. After hyping it and saying it will be a hybrid, they went completely silent.

• 29. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                          WhyNoName

I think it is just the TU that has impacted the quality of the game.  I've had more WTF moments since the patch than I had combined since moving to the PS4 a couple of months ago.  There are some of the same things happening on the XB1 as well.  I don't follow the 360 or ps3 anymore so I don't know if they are seeing the same thing.  Seems to me it revolves around the TU.  Still have quality games, but a LOT more non-quality games.  Maybe it's just matchmaking changes in the TU - or maybe there are less "dedicated servers" since player counts aren't as high as they need them to be...

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next