1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 114 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 9:32 AM by redskynyrd Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
        Izjar11

the_eon wrote:

Are you running a silencer on your sniper? I had to take mine off as it was seriously nerfed although interestingly it was not in the patch notes.

neither, I dont snipe and hardly ever use a silencer.

• 51. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
          Izjar11

I hope its a blimp to.

• 52. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
            Raketti

Izjar11 wrote:

Ungrateful_Dead wrote:

For the first time since I started playing Ghosts, I have now had to quit games where I was totally helpless due to connection disadvantage; the well known symptoms of enemies sponging bullets and myself being killed instantly to the point where even all the tricks in the book won't help you break even.  I had to quit so many games in BO2 because of lag/connection problems that I had to take up Hard Core to minimize the pain.

Now I see this issue creeping into Ghosts at a time when fewer and fewer friends seem to be online all the time.  I didn't expect there to be zero latency on Ghosts with the PS4, but I didn't expect it to get worse, either..

Exactly,

Connection is king and I can tolerate the occasional spikes and skip. But (for me) ever since TU 01/28/2014 the latency issue is serious and really bad, rendering the game unplayable.

Something happened in that TU! How can it go from good to unplayable in one swoop? The title update had some coded error in it or they shut the dedi's in my region (Florida, USA).

The connection is really rough at the moment. Tonight i played for 2 hrs and had one lobby with a decent connection, one horrible one with the whole enemy team skipping along, and the rest of the lobbies were filled with inconsistencies and bullet sponging enemies that seem to have 300% health. This is pretty much what i got on the PS3 version too, the PS4 version used to play a lot better. I hardly ever get choppy games, complete lack of hit detection, or significant shot delay (which isn't surprising because the issue is not at my end), but the shoot first and die BS has definitely made it's way back to the game.

Unfortunately this probably will not change for the better, at least not for everyone, because it would not be the first time the patching process creates connection problems to a portion of the community that didn't use to have any. For example, BO2 usually just got worse and worse for me as they tried to adjust the connection.

I think i've never seen you complaining on the boards about anything (especially about the connection), and i'm not trying to be rude here, but the problems you are experiencing now are nothing new to this game or the ones released before Ghosts. Me and many others have whined about this almost endlessly, which looking back seems kind of futile because once again we are dealing with a game that has consistent connection problems.

• 53. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
              Izjar11

Raketti wrote:

Izjar11 wrote:

Ungrateful_Dead wrote:

For the first time since I started playing Ghosts, I have now had to quit games where I was totally helpless due to connection disadvantage; the well known symptoms of enemies sponging bullets and myself being killed instantly to the point where even all the tricks in the book won't help you break even.  I had to quit so many games in BO2 because of lag/connection problems that I had to take up Hard Core to minimize the pain.

Now I see this issue creeping into Ghosts at a time when fewer and fewer friends seem to be online all the time.  I didn't expect there to be zero latency on Ghosts with the PS4, but I didn't expect it to get worse, either..

Exactly,

Connection is king and I can tolerate the occasional spikes and skip. But (for me) ever since TU 01/28/2014 the latency issue is serious and really bad, rendering the game unplayable.

Something happened in that TU! How can it go from good to unplayable in one swoop? The title update had some coded error in it or they shut the dedi's in my region (Florida, USA).

The connection is really rough at the moment. Tonight i played for 2 hrs and had one lobby with a decent connection, one horrible one with the whole enemy team skipping along, and the rest of the lobbies were filled with inconsistencies and bullet sponging enemies that seem to have 300% health. This is pretty much what i got on the PS3 version too, the PS4 version used to play a lot better. I hardly ever get choppy games, complete lack of hit detection, or significant shot delay (which isn't surprising because the issue is not at my end), but the shoot first and die BS has definitely made it's way back to the game.

Unfortunately this probably will not change for the better, at least not for everyone, because it would not be the first time the patching process creates connection problems to a portion of the community that didn't use to have any. For example, BO2 usually just got worse and worse for me as they tried to adjust the connection.

I think i've never seen you complaining on the boards about anything (especially about the connection), and i'm not trying to be rude here, but the problems you are experiencing now are nothing new to this game or the ones released before Ghosts. Me and many others have whined about this almost endlessly, which looking back seems kind of futile because once again we are dealing with a game that has consistent connection problems.

I don't complain because as I mentioned, I have dealt with latency, i've seen skipping (occasionally) and WTF moments (this is all normal) yet lately its in almost every game. I synthesize with those who suffer from this allot, I really do and I never question when people complain about latency.

But this game (to me) was not suffering as bad as it is now (post TU 01/28/2014) something changed, and they made some mistake in it (which they will never admit to). I play a few games and stop now, then BF4 to get COD out of my system.

• 54. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                Raketti

Izjar11 wrote:

Raketti wrote:

Izjar11 wrote:

Ungrateful_Dead wrote:

Exactly,

I don't complain because as I mentioned, I have dealt with latency, i've seen skipping (occasionally) and WTF moments (this is all normal) yet lately its in almost every game. I synthesize with those who suffer from this allot, I really do and I never question when people complain about latency.

But this game (to me) was not suffering as bad as it is now (post TU 01/28/2014) something changed, and they made some mistake in it (which they will never admit to). I play a few games and stop now, then BF4 to get COD out of my system.

Yep, something did turn for the worse lately. The PS4 version overall used to function pretty good for me too apart from the occasional WTF-moment which as you said is normal.You and me might have gotten the short end of the stick with this patch, but for someone else the game might be playing better now, we can only speak for ourselves. Probably that's why they might make adjustments to the connectivity without stating it in the patch notes, they know they might be making someones experience worse so it's better not to discuss the changes at all, and see what kind of feedback they get from the community.

• 55. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                  TheDarkOne123

Hopefully they fix this issue cause the population went from 220,000 to 180,000 so the latency is even more noticeable.They need to improve the stability of the network and they need to do it now. This community's remainder is an unjustifiable egotistical power struggle at the expense of the Call of Duty series.

• 56. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                    SSKKFF

Yup they need to fix this crap.  Going  to quit until they fix it

• 57. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                      featherman84

Izjar11 wrote:

Update: As of yesterday my delay has increased, I know am shooting and no bullets are registering. I have re-booted my router multiple times and it works the first moments. Could it be my provider is having issues? I played BF4 and I noticed delays as well.

PSN network or Provider?

I had the same issue with the bullets not registering("I thought"), but it appeared my isp's dns-server is way to slow, I changed the dns address on my ps4 to another dns server which is,according to namebench,237% faster for me.Now I'm having way better games mostly.

Also I have set my ps4 to be dmz host("Which I'm not happy with"), because the portforwarding didn't workout well, giving me a in game moderate nat-type, while I'm having an open nat-type on the psn. I think they have been providing the wrong ports on activision help forums and portforward.com for this title on ps4.

• 58. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                        Inforza

for me the game is still the same as before.. as a euro player i am even doing fine on usa hosts without very low or no lag at all most of the times..

in bo2 i couldnt play at all on usa hosts as the games where lagging too much

• 59. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                          Izjar11

Inforza wrote:

for me the game is still the same as before.. as a euro player i am even doing fine on usa hosts without very low or no lag at all most of the times..

in bo2 i couldnt play at all on usa hosts as the games where lagging too much

thats good that not all are affected. Cheers.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next