1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 114 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 9:32 AM by redskynyrd Go to original post RSS
      • 80. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
        Raketti

I thought i would pick up this thread and ask people if they are still having problems with latency, and in which direction has the connection quality changed after all the patching this game has received ?

My online experience is still really inconsistent and only a small portion of the lobbies i play in give me a really solid connection (which i used to have pretty much all the time on the PS4).

I'm not rubberbanding or getting choppy gameplay, but instead i'm having the exact same problem that's been around over several titles now, and that is loosing gunfights i clearly should be winning. This issue was almost non-existent for me earlier on the PS4 version.

I might be getting even more lobbies than before where it's a struggle to win a 1v1 gunfight despite having first shot and decent hit detection, or at least it sure does feel like that. I like this game a lot, but at the same time playing the game often gets frustrating to the point that i have stop playing it. Many of my friends that i play regularly with are having similar issues, and it doesn't seem to make a difference if i'm partied up or playing solo.

• 81. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
          Bleak5170

Haven't played online in forever but I am seeing way too many people talking about this, (on here and other forums), to think it's just a coincidence.

• 82. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
            obee72

Definately having this problem, especially since most recent update. I now check lobbies for people with high w/l ratios and leave if there are. Some of the stats on some players are unbelievable. Saw someone with 50 w/l ratio the other day !!

Some people just have a great connection all the time. I wish I knew how they did it....

• 83. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
              Raketti

obee72 wrote:

Definately having this problem, especially since most recent update. I now check lobbies for people with high w/l ratios and leave if there are. Some of the stats on some players are unbelievable. Saw someone with 50 w/l ratio the other day !!

Some people just have a great connection all the time. I wish I knew how they did it....

Don't let stats fool you, or determine what the connection quality will be like. A high W/L can be a result of always playing with a competent party, but most likely it has been obtained by dashboarding every time the player is about to loose. Playing infected can also give you a ridiculously high W/L since most of the time the infected win and chances are you are among them.

• 84. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                Tygrastic1

I am still suffering from rubberbanding quite frequently the past few weeks after taking a two month break.  It quenched my thirst for Ghosts multiplayer right away.  It worked out great though, I have had AC4 sitting and collecting dust since it came out so I have filled my time with it.  I haven't tried since the 07/01 update.  I may try again tonight.

• 85. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                  jnikoley

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I haven't noticed any difference in latency recently.  I HAVE noticed a big difference playing with different DLCs installed, in both lag, and players online. I think that you just have an "ok" connection, and that the dividing of playlists across DLCs was enough of a factor for your connection to reach meltdown status. I think that the best option right now for playability would be to run the game with either no DLC, or with only DLC1.  It's a pain to have to uninstall and re-install the game and the DLCs, but it may be worth a try if the lag is really that unbearable.

• 86. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                    Izjar11

jnikoley wrote:

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I haven't noticed any difference in latency recently.  I HAVE noticed a big difference playing with different DLCs installed, in both lag, and players online. I think that you just have an "ok" connection, and that the dividing of playlists across DLCs was enough of a factor for your connection to reach meltdown status. I think that the best option right now for playability would be to run the game with either no DLC, or with only DLC1.  It's a pain to have to uninstall and re-install the game and the DLCs, but it may be worth a try if the lag is really that unbearable.

Hmmmm I recall hearing you say being "lagged out" allot .............. jeje

• 87. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                      gambit1969

It comes and goes for me, i can have a run of games with you guys and whilst i am behind its managable but then the lag can just come down like a hammer and screw me in again.  But playing solo multiplayer is a complete no-no for me because the mixed pan european lobbies are a disaster and comletely unplayable, i am talking snap the controller in half unplayable..

• 88. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                        Raketti

jnikoley wrote:

I don't have any DLC, i didn't buy any in order to avoid any further matchmaking problems. If the game was playing better, i would've bought a season pass. If i had any uninstalling the DLC would probably help a lot.

I've monitored my connection a bunch of times while i'm playing, and found out that i'm always playing on the dedicated servers (yes they are there and in different countries here in Europe as well), and i can ping one in around 50ms or less depending on which country i'm connecting to so my connection is good. However since everybody else's connection isn't that great the divided player pools is one explanation for the lag problems, but then again there was only 7k playing when i got my PS4 on launch and i had no lag problems whatsoever with a player pool that was about five times smaller than what i see online now.

• 89. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                          jnikoley

Yes, it does happen to me on and off. I havent seen any change, lag wise, since the last title update. Most games I play, I dont lag at all, however, with certain members in my party, it can be a real lag fest. I actually get pretty bad lag partied with you, but mostly a decent connection partied with gambit.