1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 114 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 9:32 AM by redskynyrd Go to original post RSS
      • 90. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
        jnikoley

Just a quick obsevation to add about the last title update, I seem to be paired with max prestiges in my lobbies more than before. I'll have to play for another week to be able to say its more than coincidence. If they did change the matchmaking to favor skill based matchmaking over connection, that could be part of the problem.

• 91. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
          Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Speaking of SBMM, I met Bok Choy 3x on different occasions in a public lobby. It never happened before. It suggest that SBMM is stronger as I never seen him before in pubs.

• 92. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
            Izjar11

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

Speaking of SBMM, I met Bok Choy 3x on different occasions in a public lobby. It never happened before. It suggest that SBMM is stronger as I never seen him before in pubs.

I see Bok I run! thats the rule.

• 93. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
              Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I would like to see him and Faith slug it out. Btw, do you know what state Bok is from? I wonder how far away matchmaking is pulling people from.

• 94. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                gambit1969

I just had some weird games with Raketti, some were fine some were so bad i was shooting people point blank from behind with a rifle watching the round go straight through them, no hitmarker and then i died, from my point of view the other player had not even turned to shoot at me.

How the matchmaking can be so inconsistant is what drives me around the bend.

• 95. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                  Run_N_Gunning_Camper

That's the exact same thing I was experiencing lately. It very frustrating and it drove me into playing Garden Warfare instead. The lag was so bad, it killed my run and gun gameplay.

Is Raketti in the clan? I never played with him before.

• 96. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                    gambit1969

Picking next week winning lottery numbers would be eaiser that trying to make sense of the matchmaking..

• 97. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                      Raketti

jnikoley wrote:

Just a quick obsevation to add about the last title update, I seem to be paired with max prestiges in my lobbies more than before. I'll have to play for another week to be able to say its more than coincidence. If they did change the matchmaking to favor skill based matchmaking over connection, that could be part of the problem.

Good point, i have to pay attention to this as well. If they favor stats / prestige over connection it's bound cause some problems.

• 98. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                        Raketti

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

That's the exact same thing I was experiencing lately. It very frustrating and it drove me into playing Garden Warfare instead. The lag was so bad, it killed my run and gun gameplay.

Is Raketti in the clan? I never played with him before.

It is a suicide trying to be aggressive at the moment, most games i played today with Gambit were borderline unplayable.

And to answer your question, no i'm not in the same clan as you guys. I live in Finland and i'm actually in a Finnish clan but a few of us play with Gambit pretty often because we are often online during the same time of day since there's only 2hrs of time difference between us.

• 99. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                          jnikoley

Another possibility, is that since DLC2 is now in rotation, there are more that own it and DLC1 that are high prestige.  Playing with no DLC, most of my lobbies were non prestige players.  Also, with only DLC1 or no DLC, I am seeing way more online than with both DLC 1&2.  Havent tried just DLC2, tho.  The problem could be that since the online players are now divided into 4 different groups, based on their DLC, we are just getting fewer people to connect to.