7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2014 11:14 AM by A1R_A55A551N RSS

What happened to Solo Last Stand?! (Extinction PoC)

Hey there!

So nightfall came out, and I have been playing, and playing, and playing (and failing, and failing, and failing LOL). After enough frustration at the difficulty on Solo for Nightfall, I figured I'd head back to PoC after a long respite to boost my confidence as I have had several Pistol-only escapes with minimal effort. After getting to the second barrier hive, I got distracted (in real life) and made some bad mistakes.

Oh well, last stand will carry me into the next area at least - right?

WRONG

Game Over, man. Game Over!!

Where the heck did Solo Last Stand go in Extinction? I figured they just made Nightfall from the ground up with no Last Stand to force teamwork and make it a challenge (not entirely happy with that choice, but i'm not complaining). However no I'm starting to wonder if there is another reason it is so hard! I scoured all the patch notes and found nothing related to it. Anyone know what gives?

Another question, how does Extinction difficulty scale with players? I know the Challenge requirements obviously go up with a larger group and money issues compound. It also seems that cryptids have more health and there are more of them - is this just perception? I haven't really had the ability to investigate this.

I wonder than, do you think there is a sweetspot like 2 or 3 players as some "horde/survival" games have something similar...

• Re: Questions on Extinction PoC and Nightfall
          wraithoverlord

ataraxiceric wrote:

Where the heck did Solo Last Stand go in Extinction? I figured they just made Nightfall from the ground up with no Last Stand to force teamwork and make it a challenge (not entirely happy with that choice, but i'm not complaining). However no I'm starting to wonder if there is another reason it is so hard! I scoured all the patch notes and found nothing related to it. Anyone know what gives?

If its gone the same way as point of contact then you will get 1 revive for each hive you pass and start out with the 1 revive.

• Re: What happened to Solo Last Stand?! (Extinction PoC)
            A1R_A55A551N

When the new DLC for Nightfall came out, they patched Last Stand on Solo. The other day, I even played PoC, because I love that map, and I also wondered this: WHY DID THEY TAKE LAST STAND OFF! I had to feed my baby brother some formula, and it said GAME OVER. I was not happy. I feel for you brother. In action, I called Infinity Ward, and they told me they patched it.

• Re: Re: What happened to Solo Last Stand?! (Extinction PoC)

Wow.

I don't want to be that guy, but.... it was NICE OF THEM TO LET US KNOW.

You forget to tell you you fixed a little bug?   Fine.

Left out that you tweaked the collision on a corner of that map?  Not a problem.

You change a major component of a game mode and not tell anyone?  I have issues with that.

Why not just take away the ability to change your class in TDM or prevent loading from checkpoints in campaign? Definitely don't tell us though. Why would we care about those things?

Honestly, I don't play Extinction on my own very much, but when I do - last stand is the one thing that makes it attractive in my eyes by allowing me to enjoy the experience and not stress over the tiny mistakes. Without that, I feel like I now have no incentive to play it. I love a challenge, but I don't care to spend that much of my time beating Nightfall or re-beating PoC. I just don't.

If you are more skilled than me, and you've done both without going down? Awesome -- I can only imagine the rush and sense of accomplishment that was. Congratulations, I am sincerely happy for you, but I am not interested in running either mode 20 more times each, only to die halfway through every one because I got stuck on a piece of geometry or had to sneeze.

-- All I'm saying is that I don't expect to play extinction anymore by myself and if none of my friends are on that just means I might not be playing CoD at all then. Zombies gives you your 3 chances, why can't Extinction??