1 2 3 Previous Next 74 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2014 7:17 AM by swaggboi1 RSS

Why you think Ghosts is failing compared to other CoD's

was just wondering peoples opinions about why you think CoD Ghosts is not doing as well as other CoD's.  Me personally i think its the community (i.e campers, snipers)

thanks

• 1. Re: Why you think Ghosts is failing compared to other CoD's
          WilliamCL57

Honestly, I think it's due to all the other great games out there right now, not cod itself per se. They need innovation, not incrementation.

• 2. Re: Why you think Ghosts is failing compared to other CoD's
            simonm

prob because people are getting bored of playing the same game every year . eventually things start to get stale .

bring out a new engine , make proper destructible environment , gives us proper dedicated servers so nobody can complain about lag , that would be a good start

• 3. Re: Why you think Ghosts is failing compared to other CoD's
              Izjar11

fishbutter11 wrote:

was just wondering peoples opinions about why you think CoD Ghosts is not doing as well as other CoD's.  Me personally i think its the community (i.e campers, snipers)

thanks

why do people blame camper for everything? LOL

I have bad grades, campers

I crashed my car, campers

I got decked for saying dumb things, campers!

This "personal statement" you ask has been asked in every previous title. Some one at some point thinks and comes here to ask a question: Is this the worse COD or why is this COD failing.

• 4. Re: Why you think Ghosts is failing compared to other CoD's

Because two thirds of the COD fanbase are biased idiots who only play Treyarch call of duty's because of zombies and don't give the others a chance. They need to remember where COD came from and who made it the big sensation it is..Infinity Ward. HAHA all those butthurt 3ARCH fanboys on youtube raging about Sledgehammer Games making the next call of duty.

• 5. Re: Why you think Ghosts is failing compared to other CoD's

It has nothing to do with camping or sniping. Every single CoD I have ever played I read threads about campers. Blah blah blah campers suck, campers ruin the game, campers killed my parents, campers stole my lunch money, ect... The simple truth is that camping is a legit strategy. It might not be your favorite strategy, but it is one. For me campers are easy kills. Sure, they might get me once, but after that I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE. I just go and kill them, over and over as I'm running past.

I have never not played a FPS where there is camping. Some have a lot less camping, but there is camping going on. FPS in my opinion as a whole has been on a decline in sales. Black OPS II was down over MW3, Halo 4 was down a good deal over Halo 3 and Reach.

To me there are a lot of factors that go into this. As someone pointed out before, there is a TON of excellent games out. Some new gaming systems just debuted, so a lot of people don't want to purchase the game for their PS3 or Xbox 360 if they intend on getting a PS4 or One in the near future. The CoD series is on it's 10th release. All games have a life span. After 10 releases a lot of gamers feel they have probably played all that CoD has to offer. The PC releases for CoD have been notoriously easy for cheaters to use aim bots and other cheats. You can read on a lot of PC game forums or even the steam forum and see this questions asked all the time. "I want to buy CoD Ghosts, but is there still a stupid amount of cheating going on like in Black OPS II?"

At the end of the day though, this is the real deal. If you don't like something about the game, email the developer or post in a forum and hope they fix it for you. If not you don't have to play it. They are not going to force you to buy it.

• 6. Re: Why you think Ghosts is failing compared to other CoD's
                    gramthenOOb

Right off the bat, let me just elaborate that I believe this years iteration of COD has not failed in the direct and exact definition of the word. However, I do believe that this years game is not as popular among the community. (Personally, I really enjoy ghosts BTW).

I think this can be broken down to two reasons.

1. The next generation consoles came out this year. This has the potential to cause gamers to skip over the game in favor of a game whos lifespan does not span over this period of transition.

2. This is the first COD in which map design does not emphasize three lane maps that can be played effectively with a short range weapon. People love the run and gun arcade style shooter that these brought.

• 7. Re: Why you think Ghosts is failing compared to other CoD's
                      iHattoriHanzo0

Agree. How can it be called a failure for the players that love it?

Think you're spot on with both those reasons.

• 8. Re: Why you think Ghosts is failing compared to other CoD's

Ghosts sucks but its not just the game the xbox one console itself is garbage i get more lag now then i ever did on 360 plus the menu layouts and party options are not user friendly takes 15 min and a dozen tries to get everyone in the same lobby and the auto load for the campaign everytime you access the game is beyond annoying and frustrating furthermore im sick of spending hours completing the operations to unlock the gear and when i finish the stated gear never unlocks the campers have no real skill and the so called high def graphics look like they were done in paint shop by a 5th grader in some cases and every gun in the game is different between modes multiplayer vs campaign vs extinction theres no consistancy the list goes on invisible walls are everywhere making it difficult to menuever at will the standard bullets seam to go through literally everything including brick concrete and even 6 in steel walls its also extremely difficult to be an effective sniper do to cluttered maps that are to small with absolutely zero real vantage points the dogs are way overpowered and worst of all clan wars is strictly core mode i plan on selling my xbox one and ghosts asap i strongly urge all of you to do the same im highly dissapointed in all parties involved in the making of both the game and the console i expected so much more for 500 bucks plus 60 for game and 50 for membership grand total 610 all for nothing

• 9. Re: Why you think Ghosts is failing compared to other CoD's
                          ShocKuMzzz

Your entire post did not contain a single period. Please attend a middle-school level English class and try again.

1 2 3 Previous Next