20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2014 1:28 PM by ghamorra RSS

Squad Mate's reflexes

ghamorra

This is an honest open ended question. Not a complaint or demand for a nerf.

Twice I have died at the hands of an enemy squad mate. I'm not sure exactly what happened because it was so fast and only once was did I watch the killcam (other time was HCKC). What happened was lightening quick.

I shot the squad mate in the back a few times and he turned around with his Riot Shield. In the blink of an eye he switched to his secondary, shot me twice perfectly in the chest, and had his Riot Shield back out.

Is it normal to have that quick of reflexes on a Squad Mate? If so I might start using him.

• Re: Squad Mate's reflexes
          phxs72

Yep he's a fast little bugger.  My guess is that he's got that fast weapon change perk built in.  In HC he's really effective.  Not so much in Core.  The other benefit to him is that he will run out to collect tags in KC (which can be problem in HC.  Watch out for friendly fire as he darts past you) and he will help to cap flags in DOM.

toby_jugs

he does add kills to your total, i use him all the time and sometimes manage to get 2 of them out at once lmao.

try using him with an ammo crate and keep the crate till you already have your squadmate for extra lols when he upgrades his handgun to something more substantial.

also in blitz although he can't score he will head for the centre of the goal thus giving you the drop on any defenders and allow you to sneak in behind.

gramthenOOb

Lol, same thing happened to me! My jaw hit the floor! I was just shocked... I now avoid them with extreme caution. They take a beating too.

ghamorra

gramthenOOb wrote:

They take a beating too.

It seems like they have what appears to be the equivalent of 3 ballistics vests on. I've put a few sniper rounds (using Chrome Barrel and FMJ) into them.

gramthenOOb

I hear you on that. I've experienced that awkward moment when I put ~6 bullets into them thinking they're a regular enemy, and when I turn to move along, the squad made pulls off some crazy 'die hard' pistol flip spin move and gets me. The squad mate has the skills of an MLG superstar sometimes!

Yep it does that unless you continue to spray at him making him keep is shield up. Even then he will still do that. On hc it makes him a monster. I have had him rack me up 5 kills before dieing.

ghamorra

trialstardragon wrote:

Yep it does that unless you continue to spray at him making him keep is shield up. Even then he will still do that. On hc it makes him a monster. I have had him rack me up 5 kills before dieing.

Can you see a potential nerf coming for him?

Not saying he deserves one but I'm surprised there isn't an outcry for one yet. I think this is mostly due to him still being a pretty low profile Pointstreak. I rarely see one, maybe once every 10 matches.

darkrangeresp

The squad mate is an interesting score streak.  You are right in that he has extra health, 300 to be exact.  However, unlike a player I don't believe his regenerates.  He starts with the riot shield and a p226 pistol and is basically a vertern level bot from custom matches.  The squad member will swap out his pistol for another weapon if you or somebody on your team deploy an ammo crate. He will also pick up a ballisic vest is one is available as well.  A support squad member with these streaks can be very powerful.  He can also capture flags in domination and collect tags in killed confirmed.  Still since he is an 11 kill streak I don't think that is really all that over powered. 

One interesting glitch with him is that he doesn't seem to understand the concept of ownership in free for all. In free for all he can actually take weapon or ballisitic vests from any player if the streak is on the ground. 

nicedrewishfela

Yeah, they are quick, see my thread about it.. Support Squad Mates, Thoughts and Ideas

But since I started using Armor Piercing, they aren't a concern anymore.

ghamorra

I read you thread. I didn't see anything about their reflexes though so I posted my own. I did notice that you mentioned their health. I don't think they get the health nerf that players do so it's basically like they're 6x as powerful. Plus you mentioned that they can pick up Ballistics Vests which will only give them more health. Kind of overkill.

Gerbera

An AI squadmate streak of any kind is very fast to react and quite accurate. It's why I love the LOKI/ODIN-dropped Juggernauts. Though, the Support Squadmate doesn't seem to take that much more to take down than the Guard Dog, it feels like.

I use it and I know that his reflexes are quick. A squadmember in squadmode with speedperks isn't that quick