42 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2014 10:44 PM by BlockBurner415 RSS

What happened to the community?

ObeySwag420

I mean now I'm seeing an enemy player (or my own) every game...spawn in, go prone, toss an IED. They literally DO NOT MOVE at all until they die. People don't even camp buildings anymore, it takes too much effort to run from your spawning point to the closest nearby building (heaven forbid you die before your 10 second journey to the building). Nope, spawn in, backpedal furiously until your back is to the edge of the map, prone, aim in, and wait for over a minute before someone crosses your path.

There are absolutely no counters to any decent camper in Ghosts...the guns kill way too fast making it a "who sees who first" battle. That would be fine, except IW made every single map have 5x the camping spots of BO2 maps, and have players blend into the surroundings. I mean for god's sake IW can't even make a straight wall, there are headglitch boxes placed against walls and INDENTATIONS in the walls just large enough to fit someone leaning out of it.

I'm not asking for a flat field where people can just run around like headless chickens. But Ghosts is the first game where I get killed by a camper and I think to myself that I can't even challenge the camper and kill them, and there isn't anything I can do differently to get control of that part of the map.

• Re: What happened to the community?
          milo-iq

Does get frustrating but that's the challenge! Had it tonight on whiteout, 2 campers didn't move from the area around the boat and helicopter just need to flank em easy when they keep going back to the same area.

BBBrian2013

What about when a clan camps by the well in stonehaven? LOL

I get absolutely DESTROYED when people do this...

I can't find a counter to this to save my life...

Only if i'm playing with a group can i overcome this obstacle which im usually solo...

milo-iq

This is a lot more challenging! and I've only successfully  come out on top twice both on blops 2 when I worked out what tactics they were using. Most of the time it depends whose on your team, I find buddying up with someone and using him as bait can be fun ,camper shoots him you shoot camper camper s mate shoots at you .At worst you up evens

sennalike

If you think there are no counters to camping tactics then you need to use your head and think about what they might be using, and experiment more. There are plenty of counters and tactics to use against them. An example...

Campers tend to run OTG and incog, meaning they have used 6 perk pts, chances are they wont also have blast shield or tac resist as well, so hit them with grenades or tacticals. If they do have all those perks then use quickdraw, if you're half decent you will beat them in a gun fight.

The maps are not the problem, in fact if you play them right they can be a very effective solution. Most players go to the same camping spots they saw others using. Makes it easier to guess where they will be. Campers can be annoying, and yes I do get killed by them, but I never let them win.

BBBrian2013

A good camper holds down an area and isn't literally in one spot but in a closed area...with only 1 or 2 access points and this tends to be done in clans or teams of 4-6  which means we'd have to have everyone on the team flush at the same time to get anywhere...

Which means they're not stupid and can avoid incoming explosives or possibly be using a trophy system

ObeySwag420

If you have to give up many of your run 'n gun perks (sleight of hand, agility, marathon, or stalker) just to run lethals, danger close (4 point perk) and tacticals...that puts you at a severe disadvantage against enemy teammates that AREN'T camping and that you will surely meet on the way back to flush out the camper/part of the map.

Yet, the camper who runs stealth perks/weapon customization is never at a disadvantage because he will only go up against people who rush onto his side of the map. The person with an anti-camper loadout has to haul his ass across the map, deal with one or more enemies on the way, and then MAYBE, JUST MAYBE toss his grenade into the right corner and close enough to kill the camper. That is if the camper didn't switch corners or area or heaven forbid, you actually have to enter the camper's line of sight to angle your explosive at them (most of the time, that is the case). That is of course, if you manage to actually win your gunfights with your pitiful loadout to get close enough to use your explosives.

gotsomestars

What happened to the community? Well from the looks of it they are turning into participation trophy needing crybabies. But maybe I'm wrong.

Thank you so much for this post man, worded it perfectly. I've been saying this to my friends, in this modern society, everyone wants to immediately be great at everything without working for it. Pathetic. I had a good shot when i first started, but I had to learn how to move around the map, position myself correctly when moving to take targets out, and have better map awareness and strats, now it's just gimme gimme gimme me me me type bs.

theroc23

When playing Stonehaven with my clan we'll often have one guy camp HARD in the little blown out building at the far NW corner just to control the ridiculous spawn there. It's not too uncommon for that volunteer to end up with zero kills while the rest of us clean up...it's really a good tactic to counter the developer's bushleague work. I don't have near as much beef with the spawns as most people, but that spawnpoint is totally retarded.

Jonny_McClatch

It's because the spawns are horrible in this, I get that for some people this get's rid of spawn camping although it's still possible. But I actually die more off the spawn more in this than in any other FPS, if someone killed me in Black Ops II I knew where they were going to be and I could easily kill them. In this it'll spawn me right in front of a guy, I can't turn around fast enough (even though my sensitivity is max) and they'll basically get a free kill. So I don't blame people for instantly just lying down, it doesn't really bother me since many of them can't camp. The only time camping bugs me is when it's an entire team and when you're playing with a group of people who can't help get rid of them and only feed them kills. The maps are also quite big, so if you're a fan of hardcore you'll often find someone sitting right at the back of the map with an LMG and themal scope and it'll just irritate you if you can't see them for a while.

Adam1234567897

There are counters to camping the problem is most of them need a buff to be useful Dead Silence, Blast Shield, and Sitrep are the only counters that don't need a buff. While Agility and the explosives and movement speed and tactical grenades need huge buffs.

SGR-HoMiCiDe

Agility doesn't need a buff, it works like it's intended to.. Blast Shield is extremely ineffective, if I run into an IED it's an automatic death at 100% health + blast shield.. Same with being tubed or C4'd. The only thing it works really well against is semtex/frags since the blast radius of those explosives are so small they have to hit you with them to kill you. Explos need a minor blast radius tweak and tacticals work fine as well. Please don't complain about things without thinking about it. People like you are the reason why BO2 got nerfed to ****.

Adam1234567897

Agility doesn't work as intended because in previous games I ran way more faster. How would players running faster affect you in a negative way? That's funny because every time I don't use Blast Shield I still don't get killed by the IED maybe you are exaggerating for your own agenda? That's hilarious you think that it's fair that explosives shouldn't be strong even though you can't replenish them. All explosives should have a 100% damage rate if the person is 50% or more inside of the blast radius Danger Close shouldn't have to raise the damage for explosives to be successful in MW2 the explosives were viable if the player was accurate when they used Danger Close they could clear a room which is the way it should be. In Ghosts the explosives never get a kill unless you use a C4 that's about it the rockets and grenades even with Danger Close and accuracy still get more get markers then anything. Blast Shield should be strong against indirect explosives not something that blew up on you directly. So Blast Shield needs to be tweaked so it's stronger but it's weak against accuracy. Also if they were listening to people like me everything would of gotten buffed not nerfed cause nerfing is a never ending cycle while buffing ends as soon as every play style stands a chance.

SGR-HoMiCiDe

You're saying nothing should ever be nerfed? Obviously you have trouble understanding that the game is tested by a FEW people before it's release, the reason why certain aspects are nerfed/buffed is the community's feedback via forums and social media. If a large majority have a problem with something, then they do what they can to fix it. You say the lethals should have a 100% damage rate if the person is 50% or more inside the blast radius? That's ridiculous considering everyone would be launching explosives everywhere. That would completely negate the use of thermobaric grenades, adding another item in the game to the list of 'things that aren't worth using'. The difference between this game and previous CoD's is that it takes accuracy to get lethal kills (excluding C4). If you go to private match and throw a semtex you can see how small the blast radius is, at the same time, it's stronger (in my opinion) than a frag grenade, as well as having the ability to stick an enemy with it, causing 100% death rate. Frags get a lot more hitmarkers because the blast radius is much larger than that of a semtex. Your problem is trying to compare CoD Ghosts to MW2 which was released 5 years ago. You can't honestly expect to be playing the same game 5 years straight? To address your other replies, agility works as intended because you move faster, just as the perk description states. Players running faster has a negative effect because for one, they already move fast with the current agility speed, two: there's no need to run any faster, I already have a problem chasing people down that run like they're playing cranked in Domination. Why would I need to exaggerate for my own agenda? I don't have an agenda, was simply offering my opinions.

Adam1234567897

50% of a blast radius in this game is very small so it's not ridiculous you are probably someone who camps the entire game which is why you want explosives to be useless. It wouldn't make the thermobaric grenades useless because their purpose is to weaken not kill. If the explosives were like in MW2 with out One Man Army and replenish-able explosives the game would be balanced because all people would have to do is use Blast Shield to counter them. Explosives shouldn't require accuracy none of the explosives in this game use explosive power alone they are all anti-personal explosives with fragmentation meaning the blast isn't the only way of damage. The explosives shouldn't need accuracy especially since snipers are the only guns that require accuracy. If the explosive should use accuracy then every gun should have to torso based damage multipliers in order to get a 3 to 4 shot kill. Agility doesn't allow players to move fast enough and movement speed in this game is slow to begin with.  Movement speed in general in all perspectives should be faster and Agility needs a buff. Lethals and tacticals need huge buffs so the perks that counters them can be useful cause right now there is no need for either perk.

theroc23

Jonny_McClatch wrote-

"But I actually die more off the spawn more in this than in any other FPS,"

BIngo! There's no good reason why a player should have to either immediately turn around after spawning in to catch the enemy player that will inevitably spawn right behind you within just a few seconds of you spawning there...or run as fast as you can into the face of the enemy THAT IS ALSO SPAWNING ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE MAP. 

ObeySwag420

Campers these days don't exactly camp in random corners or sit at a 2 story window.

They are camping in the building where the two story window is, and looking at the doorway where the rusher will come in to flank and flush out the building.

Gone are the days of smart rushers hitting people from the backside. Campers don't even bother showing themselves, they camp to wait for the flank. If they don't expose themselves, it means you have to expose yourself first to them. And that is the problem with Ghosts, the guns/perks/maps/colour scheme all support that.

GREEN_assassin3

Warhawk is the absolute worst map for those types of campers... I'm beginning to hate that map and it was one of my favorite maps too, you have half the team in the bakery with one leaning around the corner looking at the entrance one ontop of the drywall stack looking into the entrance and one in the window looking out and the only other entrance. . It's absolutely absurd how I've seen ppl not leave that spot the entire game. I wouldn't care if it didn't slow the pace of the game down immensely when it's basically 3v6. that should never happen in a video game it's a virtual game to be played to have fun I would like to know how anyone has fun doing that.

TheBeastlyDude

GREEN_assassin3 wrote:

Warhawk is the absolute worst map for those types of campers... I'm beginning to hate that map and it was one of my favorite maps too, you have half the team in the bakery with one leaning around the corner looking at the entrance one ontop of the drywall stack looking into the entrance and one in the window looking out and the only other entrance. . It's absolutely absurd how I've seen ppl not leave that spot the entire game. I wouldn't care if it didn't slow the pace of the game down immensely when it's basically 3v6. that should never happen in a video game it's a virtual game to be played to have fun I would like to know how anyone has fun doing that.

Noobtubes and the bullets that help shoot through walls are your best friends. Learn to kill them, especially when they are sitting in one building together.

GREEN_assassin3

Your right i should have a class for that but with the limited class selection and no time in between matches to change classes I feel like I'm either going to mess up my class or am going to have a pointless class that I only use for one map every once in say 10-15 games. I'm just one of those players that really really misses having 10 classes especially since you don't have enough time to switch anything around in between matches. I use all sorts of different setups but in this game i just can't see giving perks up for one grenade or 3 perk slots for two the whole match. You are right though and I'm actually going to do that you gave me a great idea you might find it a good idea as well. Being match prestige I'm going to make each character for a different map long range weapons for say stormfront/whiteout and shortage for tremor/strike zone and just switch characters in between matches instead of trying to change everything in the 15 seconds they give you.

TheBeastlyDude

Unless you have a problem with handling campers, you don't need the class. 6 classes and having one for dealing with campers is not that big of a sacrifice. There are plenty of situations where you can use the class to just hurt the enemy, whether they are campers or not. 

GREEN_assassin3

I get what you are saying and to most it's not a big sacrifice but like I said if I could have 20 classes I would I like being prepared but giving up perks for explosives is what kills me especially when I'm stuck using an expensive perk such as stalker. Normal campers np it's the ones that literally you can't get to without them seeing you first giving them the advantage are the tough ones that I just must get revenge on.

theroc23

I get the feeling that the new map "Fog"(i think) is going to be crazy with almost invisible players sitting around. 

Jonny_McClatch

I hope it's not like Sovereign, I think Sovereign has the worst random spawns as it'll constantly spawn you somewhere awful. Stonehaven isn't that bad, you'll usually get someone camping in the broken building and someone camping at the back of the castle... but at least I expect that, if anything it's usually a free kill or a free heads up that there will probably be someone sitting up there. Sometimes spawning on the opposite end of the map can work in your favour or against you, sometimes you'll end up behind their whole team and take it out, other times you end up in it and their whole team are still in the spawn and just own you instantly. In fact that's one thing that pisses me off, when everyone else is running around and there is just one guy camping the spawn at one side of the map for the whole match... and if he dies he'll just camp the spawn at the other side.

BlockBurner415

At least, when your dealing with campers, you know where they are once they kill you. They are sitting ducks waiting to get shot in the head!

P34nut

Camping counters Camping.

Me and some friends partied up on MW3 and we were playing the map Seatown  (had to Google that couldn't remember the name.) Anyway 6 of the other team all camped up and after 5 minutes the score was 6-3 too us, Yes we couldn't find them because they camped so hard, So we decided to camp in the little bit under the well for the remaining 5 minutes and the other team thought we would be looking for them, How wrong they were. We won 6-3 and fair play they didn't leave the lobby but we played again once more on the same map and another 3 times on random maps. Not once did they camp again.

Izjar11

ObeySwag420 wrote:

I'm not asking for a flat field where people can just run around like headless chickens. But Ghosts is the first game where I get killed by a camper and I think to myself that I can't even challenge the camper and kill them, and there isn't anything I can do differently to get control of that part of the map.

Oh boy another camper thread.............. (you realize talking about it like this only creates more awareness about it, right?)

If your being "surprised" by the occasional hidden player than you can learn the spot or remember it and avoid the area all together.

or

by using smoke with incog and some speed perk you will get near enough to kill the dude but this takes (thinking)

And lastly, did you play BO2? Because the target finder riot shield LMG dudes were very very hard to remove and this game has nothing similar to that.

Oh and controlling a map is what you wish, seems like the other dude did it just fine <that doesn't make it bad because they did it better>

Highwayman0226

It happens.  Try something other than TDM where you can't camp if you want to win.

s_paw1

I tell you what, I made this class just to deal with those people. Danger Close, Grenade Launcher and Kerchet or something that noobtubing weapon. I try to kill them by flanking but some are too good to figure out flanks also. So I change the class and just noobtube them until they die. This team of whole parties were just holding the back area of Strikezone and one guy was close to KEM, I just noobtubed his azz, he was pretty mad. Danger Close is the counter to camping.

What makes me laugh is when someone is hardcore camping and I blow them up with a grenade, I get called every name in the book. Now I run around with a noobtube class just for people who want to hide funny thing is, if you blow up a camper 3 or 4 times they will leave the game.

TheBeastlyDude

If you are having so many problems with campers, as everyone said, take advantage of what you got. Perks, lethals, tacticals are all your friends. Invite them to your birthday party, your mom will be happy that you are not as anti-social as she thought you were.

Learn to adapt to the situation and not wait for the situation to adapt to you. With about 12 people on the map at any time, chances are very low that a game and the players will adapt to you.

Be social. Campers eat solo players because solo players do not effectively communicate location of the enemy nor work together to destroy said enemy.

Ignore the campers. People all the time claim "I don't understand how people think it's fun to sit in a corner and wait for others to run by" and yet there they go, running by the camper over and over, in hopes of getting the upper hand. You didn't accomplish much if you died 2-4 times just to get that one camper, who after you kill, goes to another area to camp, just so you have to die another 2-4 times just to get that one kill. I swear to you, it's a lot more boring for a camper to spend 10 minutes on a map and not see anyone than it is to sit in a corner and wait for those boneheads to keep running by.

zvers

I know this is a PS3 discussion but just wait for the DLC maps. WAAAAAYYYYYY more fun because the maps are not gigantic. That's all I play on xone now, the DLC playlist.

Jullzwolf

Only one thing caught my attention on this post.

"There are no counters for campers"

Well... as for countering a camper. U have to sometimes expect where they gonna be before entering a path/room. I always check for campers while roaming around. The camping spots are also easy to remember and spot.

Here are ways to outgun a camper.

Riot+c4= camper raging here on the forums

Tacticals

Explosives any forms, except ied (cuz if he is waiting for u, ied will not respond unless he moves)

Pistols akimbo

Shotgun or shotgun attachments (bulldog rampage)

Grenade luanchers (funny how the campers run when the bombs tick)

Quickscoping if u can.

Use the gaurd dog. (Monitor the dogs reactions, if an enemy is near, the dog will face in its direction.)

Trinity rockets

Sat coms

Ping perk

Most streaks actually help counter camping

Smg with rate fire

Thermal scope sweeping. (I hate when players use this lol)

Best tricks ever

Throw an ied and wait for a response,  most campers shoot the ied giving out their position and ads. Perfect chance to move in.

Shoot without a silencer to pop out on the map and wait. Most campers will assume ur trying to shoot at someone else. They come to check it out, ofcourse u take another position which u originally shot from.

phxs72

What you describe is the lazy mans way to camp and quite frankly other than getting the occasional surprise kill on you they really aren't an issue to deal with if you know the major spawn points.  In fact they often are beyond easy kills.  Those using this tactic have zero talent and they know it.  That's why they do what they do.  What you need to do is to learn to recognize the types of players that you are playing against quickly and adjust your game play accordingly.  Once you stop being "surprised" that camper X is laying down in the back of the A spawn and instead learn to approach that spawn from a tight head glitch spot, you will cease to be his victim and he will become yours.

ObeySwag420

You guys are confusing the idiot campers with the type of campers I am talking about.

They have an area the "patrol" camp. Not just different corners. Different positions - prone, crouch, headglitch, standing up just aiming at a door.

People who move in this game are easily spotted, not more than past CODs, but in Ghosts stationary players are extremely hard to spot due to colour scheme, grass, extreme amounts of corners.

All these "tips" you guys give apply to idiot campers and camper problems of old CODs. This is new-age camping where they camp their flank. They don't bother poking their heads out of the 2 story window. They turn their backs on that and aim at their backdoor. They switch corners in buildings. I'm not going for revenge straight after spawning, but eventually I get to that area of the map and try to flush out the camper if they're still there.

You can't noobtube a camper that is rotating corners in a medium-sized two story building. You can't toss an IED when you have to expose your body to them just to get the angle to throw it at them (Freight staircases anyone?). You can't run a whole crapload of stuff like incog, grenades, tacticals, akimbos, noobtube attachments without severely gimping your actual ability to beat an enemy run n gunner who is using stalker/ready up/marathon/agility/amplify. Who the hell is going to run a gimped class just to counter 1-2 enemy campers when the other 4-5 are running classes that take advantage of people who don't have dead silence, can't strafe due to no stalker, have poor draw times (no QD/ready up)?? You have to get through THEM before you have a chance at the camper. And at that point, your explosives or anti-camper class has a chance of failing because the camper:

1) isn't there

2) is waiting for you elsewhere in the building

3) is well concealed and they see you before you see them

4) is not killed by the explosive but you still don't know where they are and they get away

5) is on some sort of headglitch that you cannot flank around

6) kills you with their own placed explosives

This what I mean by no counter. You have to go extremely out of the way just to "potentially" counter them, whereas they counter you no matter what.

GREEN_assassin3

Exactly that's why I set up an Amelie armor piercing rounds c4 and a kastket so I can just spam them through the walls after blasting them with explosives. That's def my gimp class for when there are 3 or more corner campers and I'm not sure what staircases you are talking about in freight I don't have problems on that map with campers there is generally a flank on that map except that damn bathroom in the brewery whichyou can still Chuck explosives through the back window. Now I'm a decent player over a 2 kd max prestige but I'm also stubborn and if I die from someone sitting in a corner or moving back and forth in a building I just HAVE to get revenge to the point of idc how many times I die but I WILL get them out of that corner/building. I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same type of campers.

rewbi

They have the same options as you.only advantage they have is they ain't moving auto aim

BlockBurner415

The community is still here!