I disagree, too.
I hardly ever lag.
You're wrong about every weapon being a 2-3 hit kill. Even if they were, wouldn't that make them all very balanced?
I hardly ever see anyone using the Riot Shield and I'm hardly ever killed by C4.
Blast Shield is awesome, have it on every class.
Two of the maps are "huge".
- Lag Issues - When In Gun Battles, I've noticed alot of lag issues, It can't be me because I've checked my internet, and I haven't had any lag/Connectivity issues.
The last TU messed up something with matchmaking (I believe now) and latency issues are more prevalent post 01/28/2014.
- Unbalanced Weapons - I've Noticed that every Gun in the Game is a 2-3 shot kill. ANY GUN
- Over Powered and Overused equipment/Perks - In multiplayer you notice that everyone used Riot Shied and C4. Deadeye, being an easy Perk to kill people with.
- Broken Perks - Blastshield, with all the C4's, Grenades, and other explosives being used on Multiplayer, you expect to use Blastshield, little do you know that blastshield barely protects you from explosives.
- Huge Maps - Not many improvements in the game other than the Graphics... the Huge Maps were a horrible addition to CoD Ghosts. To many ''Campers/Camping Spots''.
There are way more issues but, I don't wanna write them down. Hopefully in the Future they get their stuff together and not make a Copy of this game. Please, they should listen to their customers, we got good Ideas to get the CoD The way it was before!
this is all subjective, TTK in the game is low. No perk is broken, Maps are not linear and that is good.
And this game far represents previous complaints from past games.
I hardly notice much lag in gunfights, although the occasional times where i get melted.
Unbalanced? if they all kill 2-3 shots id say that's perfectly balanced, although some guns are worse and some are just overused.
I have probably seen three people with riot shields in the whole 500 games I've played, have gotten killed by c4 less than 10 times. Deadeye? Isn't OP because nobody ever runs it and you have to go on a streak for the extra damage.
Blast Shield? Its a bit weak, but the only explosives are ied's, if you don't want to get killed by them, run Sitrep, that's why its in the game..
I do agree on the maps, however big maps arent bad, its just too slow and a little too big for my personal liking, Whiteout, Seige, Stonehaven, Stormfront i hate, but theres people who do like them
Lag I can partly agree with, the rest, not so much.
Lag is on and off, seems to be a bit better now than earlier or it could just be my net.
I have found only in S&D and S&R they use Riot + C4, rarely other gametypes.
Blastshield has stopped people from dying by my IED's and Kastete while running Danger Close so I wouldn't say it doesn't stop explosives.
1. I hardly ever lag. It's not much of an issue for me or my boyfriend.
2. They seem pretty balanced to me.
3. I've played hundreds of games and a variety of game modes from hardcore to core and I think the most I saw any riot shields was this weekend. There was a pair running around with riot shields and it couldn't have been easier to pick them off.
4. Haven't noticed any "broken perks". I run blast shield in core and in hardcore game modes and the only time I did with the first hit is from a grenade launcher. I think the funniest thing was when I stood overtop of an enemies I.M.S. and just shot it until I killed it and I never died. A teammate of mine actually yelled out on the microphone "Our teammate is hacking!!! He's standing on top of an I.M.S and not dying".
5. I really enjoy the larger maps. I think its nice that the maps are more dynamic than just the standard 3 lanes: right, left, and center.
1) I rarely run into lag issues
2)Weapons are fairly balanced. A lot of people have been having success with the LMG laser M27 lately though
3) Teams in objective modes, especially during clan wars have been running the riot shield/c4 combo a lot. Tonight I grinded a bunch of games in core and HC. I maybe had one or two games without the riot shield combo. Blast shield may work in core, but riot shield/c4(with someone using it well) is near unstoppable. Blast shield doesn't work in HC, other than from ridiculous distances. An organized team with 2 players running riot/c4 while the others have their back (ran into this combo far too often tonight) could be called strategy, but its just exploitation.
4) the blast shield comment above deals with this. If not, I have seen people in hardcore put up 87 kill games just running with grenade launchers. In core they don't hold much weight, but they should do something with them in hardcore. HC dom can net you 4-6 kills before you ever have to pull out a gun.
5)The larger maps can be nice, but they would be a lot better if they never put in the obvious camp spots in them. This is a run and gun "arcade" type shooter, always has been. Some of these maps seem like an attempt to move out of the games comfort zone. Larger maps just give you more campers and slower game play. Players that want the "real" sniping experience play battlefield. 90% of sniper rifles in the past CoD games have been used as quick scopes. Campers were always bad enough, and sniper rifles were rarely used as intended, so was it really that good of an idea to cater to those game styles? The developers should just stick to what made CoD famous in the first place, and maybe changing from that isn't the best idea?
Not noticed the lag problem. But have noticed way too many realism problems. How can someone run through your bullets and knife you. You shoot people in the head when that all you can see of them and they don't die. You have an enemy bang to rights, you open up on him, he fires his weapon into the floor and you die. The teams are not balanced correctly. Just played a game tonight with one side filled with non prestige players against a team full of multi prestige players. All around it's a poor entry in the series, rushed out for PS4. I know it's a game but a bit of realism would not go amiss. The whole series has suffered from these problems and more but for the sake of the bottom line profit these problems are not addressed.
1. I barely ever lagged unless someone in the house was watching netflix or something.
2. All the guns feel the same to me :/ They sound fake and lame and all are basically the same in my hands.
3. I barely saw anyone with either.
4. Ehh, I never really used it so I couldn't tell you.
5. All the maps are random paths all over the place and multiple buildings to be sniped from.
But what do I know? I just quit the game to go to Bf4 and I don't regret doing so either.
Five Reasons why Ghosts is good!
1 - Graphics are at the most highest detail
2 - Everything in the game with perks, streaks , guns I believe ARE balanced
3 - Field orders
4 - Multiple character customization
5 - Destructive maps/ inter-active
Lag , Spawns will always over shadow these highlights. I don't understand how to give advice on these issues, I work with trucks and machines -not computer tech savvy
Maybe it's just me, but I complain about the Ghillie suit with players running without sniper rifles off the mark,and paying for campaign mode which I never play.Player stats could be a little bit better.
Your opening paragraph quotes " Im a CoD Fanatic. I've been playing it for years, and have experienced every CoD game." Like most of us.
1. For an outdated engine.
2. Because they all feel and ARE basically the same.
3. Good idea actually to mix things up.
4. Except you barely notice the difference. OHHHHH I have fake grenades on my belt instead of pouches! OHHHHHH now my dude is wearing a BROWN helmet instead of a BLACK one. Too bad I can't even see my own feet.
5. Like the elevator in stormfront. But why go through all that bother when you can just climb the rocks behind it? The doors in freight. Why even use those if someone can open them from the other side or could just walk 5ft to the side where another opening is that leads to the exact same room.
Spawns are atrocious and I commonly spawn INSIDE people on strikezone. Sorry to sound like a jerk but it's true.
The first thing that has to be realized is everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you think the game sucks, then thats your opinion and I respect it. Not enough folks doing that on these forums.
With that in mind, my feelings on Ghost are short and simple. I love a lot of aspects of the game and I play it more then any other CoD at the moment. The game is a 3/5 for me and would be a 4/5 if they would resolve the lag comp, respawns, OP dogs, and please please for the love of God stop putting me in a huge map for Cranked! Cranked is a game mode meant to be played fast and in a small to medium sized map, so why do you have the option to play it on siege or chasm. Seriously?
Other then that, I like the game. Its really simple. If you like it, good, keep playing. If you don't, good, then stop playing. Stop paying and stop playing. Very simple.
I don't understand this "every gun kills in 2-3 bullets". From what I've seen most guns kill in 3-4 shots as long as you are in the prime range, unless there is a headshot in there. The guns that do kill in 1-2 shots are the ones you expect to kill that quickly. Statistically the guns do pretty much the same damage as what the guns in mw3 did when I looked at the charts. The main difference is that the bullets register a lot more accurately and reliably in Ghosts. Blast shield isn't broken, works just fine. If they made it stronger, i.e. resist more damage, it would be OP. If you want more explosive resistance stack blast shield with ballistic vests, gives you the added benefit of bullet resistance too. I don't like the maps much myself either, as most are larger than I like with way too much open area, but my judgement is skewed because I'm a rusher and like cover. In the end, I think ghosts has done a lot of things right, but there are things that could have been done better. I like the game, it is very fun when you get a good lobby, but when you don't get a good lobby it's one of the worst games I've ever played. You have to take the good and bad together and determine which is more prevalent for you. For me, the good outweighs the bad *usually* so I keep playing.