21 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 5:04 AM by __LT__ RSS

Which is the WIRELESS HEADSET to have these days?

ooOutraageousoo

Hey Everyone,

Had my TB X41s since release and they have been brilliant, but I'm tired of buying new chat leads for them every year, and I don't like that they have a wire there anyway to be honest...

When I bought wireless, I thought that they would be totally wireless... Hey Ho... There ya go...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone who has tried different types of WIRELESS (no chat lead) HEADSETS out, could give me some pointers on which ones to go for?

Thanks for any advice...

• Re: Which is the WIRELESS HEADSET to have these days?
          Bmac223

I have TB XP400's. Had them since they came out and have had no problems.

Im actually going to go purchase my first set of ears today. What is this chat lead thing your speaking of?

Slopat

Most headsets even though wireless for all the game sounds require to be plugged into the controller in order for the mic to work. I assume that's what Outrageous is referring to. You also hear other players talking much better if plugged in to your controller, at least in the case of my X41s.

I am very tempted by Astros Outrageous, but haven't made the jump yet, so can't recommend them.

ooOutraageousoo

MadHatter12 wrote:

Im actually going to go purchase my first set of ears today. What is this chat lead thing your speaking of?

The chat lead is the wire which goes from your controller to your headset... Not needed for game audio, but needed if you want to use your mic...

Pain in the bum, which is why I want to go 100% wireless now...

trickster.

I upgraded from the TB X41's to the TB PX5's,although the PX5's came supplied with the chat cable i purchased the bluetooth XBA adapter which gave me the freedom of having no cables at all,only downside though is the chat through the bluetooth is not as good quality as using the cable.

ooOutraageousoo

trickster. wrote:

I upgraded from the TB X41's to the TB PX5's,although the PX5's came supplied with the chat cable i purchased the bluetooth XBA adapter which gave me the freedom of having no cables at all,only downside though is the chat through the bluetooth is not as good quality as using the cable.

How are those PX5s compared to the 41s, and is the Bluetooth usable?

Might just buy the bluetooth kit for my X41s...

trickster.

if you like your TB X41's you will love the PX5's,sound quality is very similar as they are both full dolby digital but the PX5's have a few more options too,they have 8 standard presets which are programmable to your liking,maybe you want more bass?or hear footsteps more clearly?you can also download mic presets so you can make your voice sound like a chipmunk or whatever you prefer,great for making friends laugh lol.Also the headset is totally compatible with the ps3 which is great if like me you want just one headset for both consoles.

The XBA adaptor will only work with a bluetooth headset and is usable,my friends said they could not hear me as clear but i did improve it a little with a downloaded preset which made my voice louder,plus side if you want the PX5's they are quite reasonable in price now as they have been out a while,hope this helps you

ooOutraageousoo

trickster. wrote:

if you like your TB X41's you will love the PX5's,sound quality is very similar as they are both full dolby digital but the PX5's have a few more options too,they have 8 standard presets which are programmable to your liking,maybe you want more bass?or hear footsteps more clearly?you can also download mic presets so you can make your voice sound like a chipmunk or whatever you prefer,great for making friends laugh lol.Also the headset is totally compatible with the ps3 which is great if like me you want just one headset for both consoles.

The XBA adaptor will only work with a bluetooth headset and is usable,my friends said they could not hear me as clear but i did improve it a little with a downloaded preset which made my voice louder,plus side if you want the PX5's they are quite reasonable in price now as they have been out a while,hope this helps you

Yeah it's helped me a lot...

Thanks for the advice Bud... Nice one...

barenjager001

I bought a set of TB X32($100 @ Best Buy) after trying my roommates. I am sold on using them now. Only had them a month or so, so I can't speak on the durability of the chat lead.  You can unplug the wire from the headset to the controller if you don't want to chat and still hear the game play. Worth the money to me

ErUPtiON

I have ran with turtle beach for the last 5yrs. Everything from there basement model, to their top of the line model. I find the cords 'cheap'. And the wireless had way too much interference from other wireless devices in my house.

I spent the extra cash and bought some Astro A50's. By far... the best headset i have ever owned so far.

ooOutraageousoo

ErUPtiON wrote:

I have ran with turtle beach for the last 5yrs. Everything from there basement model, to their top of the line model. I find the cords 'cheap'. And the wireless had way too much interference from other wireless devices in my house.

I spent the extra cash and bought some Astro A50's. By far... the best headset i have ever owned so far.

Do the A50s have wireless chat?

thebiindsniper

I'm currently using the Turtle Beach XP500 headset and it's the best headset I have in regards to adjusting my equalizer options.  If I had to replace them, I'd get the XP510 since they have dual band wifi (less interference) and compatability with Xbox One mics (when released).  Although, I might keep my XP500 if the xbox one headset adapter is bluetooth.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

ooOutraageousoo

thebiindsniper wrote:

I'm currently using the Turtle Beach XP500 headset and it's the best headset I have in regards to adjusting my equalizer options.  If I had to replace them, I'd get the XP510 since they have dual band wifi (less interference) and compatability with Xbox One mics (when released).  Although, I might keep my XP500 if the xbox one headset adapter is bluetooth.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

What kind of interference do you mean? *Please?

Shadowelite555

Who needs a headset when you could have a kickass stereo? When a grenade explodes, you get to feel the explosion happen as the speakers blast. And if you wanted to, you could sound-whore people if that's your thing. Pair that with a cheap basic headset and you ready to take on the world of good entertainment.