17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2014 7:01 AM by Kyfto RSS

any logical solutions to games where one team has 75 kills and the other only 14!?

xxphenomen4xx

It's sooo frustrating,  right!?  Before you know it you're down 35 to 8, and uh, what next?

My solutions:

1. Better matchmaking, where I'm not the only one with a positive k/d.  Typically half my team is averaging .888.   How can I win.  If I were a betting man I'd put money on the stats!?  Also, if half the world is averaging less than a 1 to 1 k/d, wouldn't you think you are thinning out the heard, resulting in less profits?
      2. Letting the losing team vote to concede when down 50?
      3. Bring back mercenary game modes?
      4. Some sort of handicapping for people and clans going 3.5 k/d?
      5. I'm about to clan up, and you don't want me finding,  all over again,  the mercs who have friended me over the years!?  I can do most on my own and really only need one friend.

Even when I'm on the winning team, I still am not liking the pace of the game!

• Re: any logical solutions to games where one team has 75 kills and the other only 14!?
          sennalike

For me it is impossible for the developers to matchmake based on stats. There are too many variables, too many casual players mixed with vets. Plus some of the experienced players, like myself for example, who don't take every single match seriously. Sometimes, like in the last two weeks. I just play to complete challenges, and dont worry about KD, WL or anything other than the operation I am trying to complete. It's a game, and I take on the challenges within it.

You could try things like league play (been done and wasn't particularly successful). You could try different playlists for the casual player and the more serious player. But serious players would go into casual player matches to boost their stats.

So yes there are things you could try, but, I would have doubts about any of them working. Open to ideas though.

• Re: any logical solutions to games where one team has 75 kills and the other only 14!?

Yep... the bane of my playing experience as a 100% solo player.

For example. I got called out yesterday for going 12-6 (I was 7-1 before the enemy streaks started coming out) in a game of TDM - apparently having a 3.5 KD means I suck because I went 12-6, when the remaining 5 members on my team couldnt manage double figure kills but did all go supremely negative with double figure deaths.

Of course the enemy team had 3 players that went very positive and all 6 managed double figure kills.

I can't do it all on my own... FFS. It's nice when I do win single handedly but against decent players I really have no right to win 1 v 6... and lastly, although the minority of the community do not need this explained to them, why do I now suck because I can't back pack rubbish players? I still stuck it out - Im not a quitter - but when you are getting pushed back what are you supposed to do???

One of the most idiotic jibes I have heard, but what do you expect? People get freaked out by the K/D - they are obsessed with it! I'd have a lot less scrubs to deal with if I just had a simple 2.02KD.. I'd prefer it sometimes.

Alky6

Yaa-seen wrote:

People get freaked out by the K/D - they are obsessed with it! I'd have a lot less scrubs to deal with if I just had a simple 2.02KD.. I'd prefer it sometimes.

Well, I'm a scrub I guess, .75 K/D but I'm glad that now you have to go look for the K/D where in BO2 it was in your face every match. Now I don't even think about it.

I mentioned in another thread that maybe if they changed the scoring system so that for every death, you forfeit one kill. In other words,if you had 22 kills and 23 deaths, at the end of the match you'd be scored as 0-1.  I think a lot of the chest beating would suddenly stop.

I can't run & gun, I can't aim worth a crap, my 66 year old reflexes and poor sight can't keep up to the 12 year olds & 20 somethings.  If I'm getting whacked every 5 - 10 seconds and have about 6 deaths and no kills, I move on to another match. I paid my 60 bux and another 49 for the Seasons Pass, so I'll play the way I like! 

GREEN_assassin3

So true I've been there and now with ghosts I made sure my k/d is hovering right at a 2.0, 2.02 to be precise haha and it actually does help running solo it's quite entertaining tbh "This guy has a 2 kd BACK OUT!" Or my favorite "PINEAPPLE!" Haha now I don't particularly try hard but I do like winning and don't always play solo.  I see how your getting frustrated but if you ever decide to team up with anyone instead of running Solo lmk and we will win the majority of the matches we play with a well constructed plan on each map. Oh and to the OP that forfeit idea is horrendous why quit and give up that is such a weak thing to do. Find a counter or try a different strategy our even try harder but don't give up that's the weakest thing you could do.

Kelloggs19

Sounds like you too are obsessed with the K:D ratio.  If you don't like the team, leave the game.  All I have read on these forums is a bunch of whining.  I speak as someone who is learning the game and whose K:D ratio is ridiculously high like yours, but not every game can people get double digit kills all the time based on the variables.  And if it is so important to win, I mean, of course we all like to be on the winning team and it does get frustrating carrying the team, ( I can only imagine with your K:D ratio being ridiculously so high), play the hardcore option.  That might give you a challenge.  These forums are full of people just complaining about campers and all sorts.  It's a game, have fun!!!!

MrZombieClowns
                    1. Better matchmaking, where I'm not the only one with a positive k/d.  Typically half my team is averaging .888.   How can I win.  If I were a betting man I'd put money on the stats!?  Also, if half the world is averaging less than a 1 to 1 k/d, wouldn't you think you are thinning out the heard, resulting in less profits?

Stats could be the way to go if placed as part of a searching option. Maybe .10+- k.d and or win/loss.

1. Letting the losing team vote to concede when down 50?

Most people "vote" by leaving.

1. Bring back mercenary game modes?

Strongly agree! Randoms like more than free for all type matches. Randoms like teamwork. For those like me, Randoms enjoy being Randoms. Maybe I'll start a Clan of Randoms.

1. Some sort of handicapping for people and clans going 3.5 k/d?

Agree for Clans. It seems to me there is a place for clans, its called clan wars. Most Clans refuse to play against other Clans for obvious reasons.

Izjar11

any logical solutions to games where one team has 75 kills and the other only 14!?

how can you solve one team outplaying another by such a large margin? You really cant.

It's sooo frustrating,  right!?  Before you know it you're down 35 to 8, and uh, what next?

Most tend to quit at this point.

Matchmaking is a bit of a mystery in this game since they have not clarified how they do it. Your last sentence, im not understanding how they will lose profits with "less than a 1 kd"?

1. Letting the losing team vote to concede when down 50?

No, that would abused immediately.

1. Bring back mercenary game modes?

this is about the best solutions, they should give us some better incentives to playing in a mercenary game mode.

1. Some sort of handicapping for people and clans going 3.5 k/d?

NO

I'm about to clan up

Why talk about it, just do it.

Even when I'm on the winning team, I still am not liking the pace of the game!

This is I dont understand, I see more people running about then anything and yet "people" complain about pace.

CupcakeBandit

I blame Clan Wars for making it hard for the individual who wants to just play by themselves. People now then never will play with their clan members. They should of made an option like MW2 where you only play with non party groups and can't be in a party to be in the lobby.

GREEN_assassin3

Mercenary from MW3 was what I always played when I played solo and that is a genius idea for ghosts. Clan wars absolutely suck especially when your playing solo and just want to have fun and not play against a bunch of tryhards match after match. Even a clan wars playlist separate from the normal playlist that counts only towards clan wars not like how clan vs clan is. Ex. You have 4 players in your party when you join a kill confirmed lobby it will put you with another clan of 4 players plus two randoms that also have to be in a clan that's enlisted in a clan war. 

Kyfto

there is a SIMPLE solution for better matchmaking...it's called looking at the stats while waiting in lobby. Easy, I know...then you can make a decision to tuck tail and run or stay and fight. I win over 90% of my matches so you must be the type donating to my win %...thanks!