1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2014 12:58 PM by MLG_3p1CzZzZzZ Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: What is the best way to perfect the BO3 zombies ranking system?
        BreakfastBiscuits

You guys just explained the ranking system, even though I already kinda knew it. But back to the original question. How can Treyarch change the ranking system to perfect it? In other words, what would a really good ranking system look like?

• 11. Re: What is the best way to perfect the BO3 zombies ranking system?
          Mr_Spaceman

They should change it back to the simple Blops 1, highest round stats...keeps everyone happy.

• 12. Re: What is the best way to perfect the BO3 zombies ranking system?
            GulfCoastGirl

BreakfastBiscuits wrote:

You guys just explained the ranking system, even though I already kinda knew it. But back to the original question. How can Treyarch change the ranking system to perfect it? In other words, what would a really good ranking system look like?

My personal opinion is that there are WAY too many people with the shotgun rank who clearly shouldn't have it.  It diminishes the accomplishment of those who truly play at that level to have some of these boosters who can't play worth sh*t (because they cheated their way to the rank) sitting with the same rank.

I do not believe rank is simply a matter of average rounds to downs.... too many people have ranked up in circumstances that contradict that overly simplistic logic.

I think whatever formula they are using, they need to make it harder to rank up by cheating.  I also think that whatever the highest rank is.... it should not be achievable until some high stats are achieved.  I think the highest rank should be reserved for those who play at that high level consistently. 

Another thing they could do is, instead of making it solely a vertical ladder type of rank where you only go bottom to top (which encourages people to cheat)... they could also do a type of horizontal rank where your style of play has a rank or colored emblem.... perhaps the background for the rank emblem instead of just that shield) For example, if your style of play is mostly camping then your miles traveled stat will be lower for the same number of kills as someone who doesn't like to camp... you could have a little tent.  If you revive a sh*t ton of people you could have a red cross.... so forth and so on.    Anyone caught cheating with video proof of them sitting in a glitch would get a big fat CHEATER emblem.

I also think they really need to bring back lobby leaderboards.  Stats mean a lot more than rank when it comes to determining who you want to play with.... oh and for goodness sake... add "games quit before end" to the tracked stats!

• 13. Re: What is the best way to perfect the BO3 zombies ranking system?
              BreakfastBiscuits

You have lots of really good ideas. I especially like the horizontal ranking system. But, I think that the single most important stat is kills. When i used to play BO1 zombies, I always looked at the guys kills to determine how good he was. And like you said, anyone can piggyback someone really good and get to high rounds. So 3arc should have a system of Kills/Downs ratio as the vertical part. And I think that one option to add on to that is to have revives cancel out the downs. So like if you are playing with 3 other guys, and you have 5 downs at then end of the game, 15 revives, and 100 kills, it would be a kill/down+revive ratio of 100/1.  So if you are playing with 3 other guys, one revive would count as 1/3 to take away from a down. So you just have to revive 3 guys and it would cancel out one down by

• 14. Re: What is the best way to perfect the BO3 zombies ranking system?
                BreakfastBiscuits

yyourself. And if you were playing with 2 other guys, a revive would count as 1/2 to take away from your down. You get what I'm saying. so that would be how the vertical ranking system would be. And horizontally I really like the different colored emblem idea or the tent or red cross background idea.

• 15. Re: What is the best way to perfect the BO3 zombies ranking system?
                  M3NTZ3R29

Just show highest solo rounds on each map, and kills/downs ratio. Keep it simple.

• 16. Re: What is the best way to perfect the BO3 zombies ranking system?
                    boybad

Dont you have to play lots of games to rank up?

No, you can get this rank in one game, the one game has to have 10k kills with no downs but that is where its at, keep in mind this is possible to do under 4hr mark.

As most players mention, this rank does not justify anything and means nothing, it would be better if they left it how it was in BO where we can see the highest round on the map so players would want to go for high rounds to climb the ladder, instead of having concerns about some sort of a stupid rank or how many times they go down to keep it, absolute nonsense.

• 17. Re: What is the best way to perfect the BO3 zombies ranking system?
                      CrazyPurpleFish

The ranking system on bo2 is complete stupidity. Not only at the start were people completely unaware of how it worked, but the rank itself has no point, it doesnt give you anything and is no indication of your skill. Pretty much anything they did would be better as long as it wasnt like this.

• 18. Re: What is the best way to perfect the BO3 zombies ranking system?
                        BreakfastBiscuits

Wouldnt a kill/down ratio system of ranking motivate players to be more careful with dying, and therefore help people to get to higher rounds?

• 19. Re: What is the best way to perfect the BO3 zombies ranking system?
                          morv151190

I think Rank should be based on average rounds achieved. They should bring challenges similar to multiplayer each unlocking  a unique emblem i.e achieve 1000 headshots in a single game, obtain a certain round without juggernog etc.

I would also like lobby leader boards to be brought back showing: round achieved, kills, headshots and game play time. We should be able to see our own personal stats and choose to make them viewable to friends. I think downs should be taken out of the leaderboards because it encourages players to leave games early to maintain their k/d.

Like others have said, players caught cheating should be given their own special emblem permanently to discourage others from cheating. I would like to be able to join a friends game as a spectator, so I can help talk them through a strategy or Easter egg and even get tips myself from watching them play, Treyarch would be able to join games of those with suspicious records to either catch them cheating or see they are actually legit.