2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2014 3:22 PM by ghamorra RSS

Balanced but Dynamic?

HEREIAMNOW

Do you find yourself stuck in one type of game play?

Go to the most advantageous spots?

Runner and Gunner following the best preferred flanking rought?

Are you ever surprised by anything that needs you to change how you play midgame?

Can you dominate with your best class setup?

I find myself using only one setup.  Really just run around the map and dominate people.  Usually top leaderboard, with a 2.0 KD in the match.  I am finding complete boredom in this game, as nothing really needs to be adapted to.

Things that needed to be figured out, are figured out now.  Most people play slow, and few play fast.  That is really the only difference.  The game is most dynamic is when the whole other team plays fast.  But then it should come down to Assault and Support Streaks making it more dynamic, which IMO have no real impact on the game.  With the exception to Oracle, Guard Dog, and Helo Pilot.  We basically have a gun-on-gun fight game, with booby traps (assuming everyone uses blast shield now), and prefered sights that may give some people a better observational advantage.

So yes its balanced, but its pretty much the same thing.  Stay out of long range sights, dont be heard, use blast shield, move very slow or very fast flanker.

Just stating my emerging boredom with the game.  MW3 I changed, I even wanted to dominate with many other thought up classes and it was possible.  Same with MW2.  I know, this is trying to be a new breed of game and I shouldn't compare it to past games.  But, I have to display what I see when i feel something is getting more boring.  Even though MW3 lag situation fustrated me to no end, with the head glitching drop shotters, it felt way better with this game.  Games were faster, and games were closer.

• Re: Balanced but Dynamic?
          admunday

HEREIAMNOW wrote:

Do you find yourself stuck in one type of game play?

Go to the most advantageous spots?

Runner and Gunner following the best preferred flanking rought?

Are you ever surprised by anything that needs you to change how you play midgame?

Can you dominate with your best class setup?

I find myself using only one setup.  Really just run around the map and dominate people.  Usually top leaderboard, with a 2.0 KD in the match.  I am finding complete boredom in this game, as nothing really needs to be adapted to.

After 3 prestiges, I had a 2.6 KD and was in a similar boat.  I'd often dominate, but basically played the same game over and over.

Therefore, I'm now going through each weapon type to get at least one gold gun in each class (which is the point I generally consider that I now know how to use it effectively).  Once I get the gun gold, I move on to another weapon type which usually means an altered playstyle.  This has kept the game fresh and challenging.

There was a conversation about 'Comfort Zones' on a starting to snipe thread a couple of days ago, running with a set up a bit alien is brilliant for snapping you out of these and making you a more rounded layer.

Sure I have a tryhard loadout if the game is getting away from the team and I feel like I need try and do more, but it rarely comes out except during clan wars, where obviously I want to give our side every chance.

• Re: Balanced but Dynamic?
            ghamorra

I think a lot of people are missing the monster gameplays where they call in a few SWARMs, Dogs, or whatever high Scorestreak they use. I miss it too. My 70-0 games were fun and left me feeling like a God. However, there was a reason for that. Scorestreaks were easy to get as they required minimal effort. Lag could give you such a huge advantage that most people were oblivious to you standing in front of them.

Sure, Black Ops II had it's downfalls but if you were lucky you could be unstoppable. You don't get that with Ghosts as it is balanced and you don't have the crutches to make you a one-man army. I think we're all missing that feeling that Black Ops II's gave us when were on good side of lag.