12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2014 9:56 AM by godlyintellect RSS

Dashboarding

Camaro68

So when is IW ever going to fix the dashboarding?

Here's a clue for the losers that do it - No one cares about your worthless stats!

It's happened more times today than most. I think some of it was XBL messing up, but mostly not.

If you're losing horribly, just leave through the menu.

And if anyone ever runs into the clown that has 42 wins in a row, just report him. He's probably one of the losers that I keep running in to.

Dashboarders are losers, you're stats are a lie, and you suck! And no one cares how good you think you are!

• Re: Dashboarding

Happens to me sometimes. I can ve going 20 kill - 5 deaths and all of a sudden the match will end.

Either the host is a little ***** or there are server disconnections or something else.

DemonHunter777

it's part of the game. Just like quick scoping and campers. If I have to deal with the last two and am told to suck it up and quit crying about them. Then everyone crying about dashboarding needs to suck it up and quit crying about it. It is just as much as a skill as QS and camping.

DWeitl

that litteraly made no sense. its not a skill its pressing 3 buttons. i acctually mad a new account to see how high i can get my k/d and win loss while dashboarding and as of now i am lvl 57 with a 14.22 k/d and a 178 w/l. so ya it takes sooooo much skill

admunday

That's just sad

TheProphetMark

So you're ruining the game for many players with your dashboarding all just to see how high you can get your KD and WL? Way to go coward. Just another scumbag is all you are and ever will be in this life.

yovlud

Wow!  You take this gaming thing seriously!  I have never gotten upset with a game ending to host leaving (CoD4, W@W) or dashboarders.  Because gaming isn't my life.

DWeitl

not really im onps3 and we have dedicated servers so it doesnt harm anyone. When i leave it doesnt affect the game.

p.s plz dont start a console war

EJKHunter

Wait, what? The PS3 isn't using dedicated servers for Ghosts, it's the same Listen/P2P system everything else uses.

Whoever convinced you the PS3 had dedis was completely full of crap lol the only dedis that do show up for some are on the One and PS4, and only for certain locations in the US...

You're telling yourself you're doing no harm because you're believing a lie either you manufactured to justify your behavior, or someone told you and you blindly believe anything random idiots tell you.

.the-very-best-of-the-futurama-fry-meme.jpg

Bowey1988

I agree. I was sick of K/d wh*res bragging about their stats and telling me that I suck because my K/d is 0.82, so I actually made myself a spare account and used it for 4 weeks (just to test my theory). I chose the good ol' sound wh*ring class which came with a free grenade launcher on my Remington. After 4 weeks of playing (and my K/d kept increasing) I left that account at a 1.95 K/d, not sure about w/l?? I believe if I was using a run of the mill class setup I would probably have a legitimate 1.10 Kd maybe?

I then went back to my main account and picked up where I left off with having fun, even with a 0.82 K/d.

With my simple test theory in mind, please spare a thought next time you poke fun at stats and  think stats are accurate!

Note: I run a very successful 10 man clan that has won every clan war so far. Were entering the first Diamond Division Clan war =D

Edit: I did not Dashboard to manipulate stats during my 4 week trial, I simply went try-hard lol

I agree with you

admunday

If you're losing to campers or QS, then that's your skill issue which, with a bit of practice, can be overcome

Losing because the host cries and rage dashboards because of his lack of skill is not something geniune players can overcome.  Hence it's not the same.

that is a good point dash boarding is in the game.. my thoughts

if players stop playing like a-holes.. camping, QS, using the bulldog while barricading themselves with IED's all over, maybe they wouldn't leave.. nobody is entitled to accept other ways of gaming, so why should a players stats get affected by scrub players? dont blame the dash boarder, blame IW and the community who chooses to play that way..

yes there are some players who will do it even if there isnt any bs in the game, and it sucks, but again, its in the game

biron_w

Dashboarding is a skill?! That is quite possibly the most ridiculous comment I've ever read on these forums!

As for the dashboarding problem - It's very annoying when the host does it and I lose all my points AND get a loss to my name. Dedicated Servers would fix the problem but I've no idea what's happened to them

TacticSticks

Camaro68 wrote:

And if anyone ever runs into the clown that has 42 wins in a row, just report him.

please dont do that, i know a bunch of people who get legit streaks of 100 plus...

dash boarding IS cheating, but like you said, no one cares about their stats, so just ignore them. although IW could easily fix this, i dont see why not

poisonvein7

i agree with this. as i am completely against dashboarding and have always wondered why people do it. most people like high stats for bragging rights, but what are you bragging for if you faked you stats? laggy game? quit i do if its too laggy. your teams bad? either stick it out or quit and take the loss.

as for the 42 win streak thing im on like a 380 winstreak right now. its not that hard, i play in a full party and if no friends are on i play free for all because team based games with randoms almost always result in a loss no matter how good i do.

admunday

Agreed.

Whilst I usually play pub matches so don't often have massive win streaks, I have a KD in TDM of 2.7 (2.35 overrall)

Last night I had one of those games on Stonehaven where everything I did just went wrong.  I still went positive (think it was 14/12), but obviously not near to what my overrall KD suggests I can do.  We lost the match and afterwards two guys on the oppo suggested they were going to report me as I've clearly boosted or are a dashboarder as I suck and could not of got that KD any other way.

When I pointed out that, if I was either of those things, why did I stick around and play out the game when things were not going my way, they shut up.  You should never assume a cheat, just report it when you actually see it!

Camaro68

I mention 42 wins in a row as one of the games I was playing in had a team member on the other side with 42 wins, and a K/D in the teens.

The team he was on was losing and suddenly there was a "Lost connection to host" error.

If I could have remembered his screen name, I would have reported him as suspect.

ButterflyDream

How about the fellow i saw the other day with 900 streak?  I mean i don't report people for anything unless it is obvious hack, but 900 streak can't be legit.

poisonvein7

ive mentioned this before but ill say it again. 900 can be legit, quite easily in fact. all they have to do is play in parties every time they are online against a public lobby and then u will just destroy them pretty much every time.

im aware that between 1-900 they probably still do dash in some cases but u wont kno for sure unless u see it happen. again tho i dont see the point in these people getting a win streak that high if they do dash to obtain it because the only real reason they want a high win streak in the 1st place is to brag with friends about how high it is. this to me is just stupid because its just a fake streak.

i myself didnt play bo2 but ive played all the others so my references are usually back to mw3 and ghosts. i bring this up because on mw3 i had an 818 win streak and it was 100% legit. i never dash and i never rage quit. i always stick out the match until the end no matter the outcome. how did i get it that high? i was always in a party of 5 or 6.

one night we played with 4 because i was bored of only being "allowed" to play if enough friends were on and we finally lost. we all did good, but not our greatest. we had split-screeners that managed to go a combined like 3-45.

godlyintellect

ive gotten a legit 900 streak, i know it was infected and party play only but it was still legit with no dashboarding. besides if youre worried about your streak and not your w/l ration you can just back out and not dashboard if youre going to lose and itll keep your streak.

I think the dedicated servers they promised solved this

TacticSticks

good point about the hard core thing, but just imagine how much harder it would be to use a throwing knife in HC... youd prolly never get a throw off unless the enemy doesnt see you

Whos_KD

I can easily get legit 50+ streaks when playing with my clan... also, when playing free for all a loss doesnt take away your streak. So you telling people on a thread to report anyone who has a good streak is ignorant.  I have games 10 KD+ games where im doing very good and they dashboard. Its annoying, but it happens. Just got to get on with it and stop moaning

Camaro68

I didn't realize that a loss in FFA doesn't take away your streak. Does it still count it if it's a win? If so, that doesn't make any sense.

And I'm "moaning" because there is a way to quit the game without screwing everyone else up. Use that instead of the dashboard method.

Also, playing with a clan is different that being in a public room. I seriously doubt you could get a 50+ streak playing without the clan. I've gotten as high as a 13 streak in public rooms, but sooner or later you end up on a team that isn't very good.

So excuse my moaning - I'm just sick of selfish people trying to protect the "all-so-important" stats.

Bubbakush

Play infected you can easily get over a 100+ streak it's impossible to lose so how about you never do your idea

Good point.  Another is an issue I just finished resolving.  I kept getting a message that said "disc is unreadable" in the middle of matches, to the point where it happened every other game.  My point is I'm guessing it appeared I dashboarded each of those games (even if I was 25-3).

BTW my disc was fine, my xbox fine, it was the download that was corrupted.  Once I erased the download and redid everything it never reoccurred. 

yovlud

Let me ask you a question...why do you hate dashboarders so much?  You told us a bunch of nonsense about how they care so much about their stats, and that they rage quit.  But what is your concern with it?  Please don't say it's because you were on a high killstreak or had a huge score...because if you are mad that you lost your K/D / Score, that means you care so much about YOUR stats.  So, what is it?

Camaro68

The satisfaction of winning the game.

I could care less about yours, mine, or anyone's stats.

I've had good games and bad ones. I play them through, though.

Also, I have a 60MB connection so it's hard to find a lobby that's not lagged out. Once I find one, I like to stay in it for a while.

If you don't like how the game is going, then leave through the menu and quit being a jerk about it.

Bowey1988

People with legitimate stats do care about their stats as I'm sure they are proud of them but dash boarding (among many other tricks)  is frowned upon greatly because basically your ruining the stats authenticity by doing so!

I think if anybody dashboards for the sake of their scoring, they are scum. I dashboard, but for different reasons, no point going into them as people will start whinging and saying things that are assumptions, but I don't have an amazing KD, so I could care less about my W/L ratio.

gotsomestars

Why do you dashboard? There's zero good reason.

yovlud

There is no good reason to rage so hard at a video game...keyword...GAME.  It would be the same as flipping the Monopoly board off of the table and scattering the player markers around the room because someone got the "Get out of Jail Free" card.  Sure I get upset on occasions, but the way you guys talk about dashboarders is disturbing.

edit: this isn't directed at you gotsomestars...it's directed at everyone on here.

gotsomestars

No offense taken, however, I think its a generational thing. The last 5-10 years, things have changed drastically. I'm not going to go into a long winded rant. I'm just going to say that people don't want a challenge anymore. People can't handle someone possibly doing better at something. Plain and simple, there's no reason to rage quit/dashboard.

On a side note, if my family was playing monopoly and one of my kids tried to flip the board because they were losing, they'd be punished. But that wouldn't happen because even my kids know how to lose with dignity.

Actually there is, maybe not in your opinion.

I have a daughter, she doesnt touch my controller if I dashboard, because she knows that if she does, she could turn on one of my scarier games. If I just exit and return to lobby, she fiddles with it and then enters another match and messes around in there, which is annoying to other gamers. I don't know if you realise this, but having a child who is decent as hell with an xbox controller is terrible. She fiddles with my loadouts and all sorts.

And another recent development, My landlords mother has been just showing up and letting herself into the house, so when I hear her downstairs, I dashboard because if she comes up and see's that I'm playing COD, she gets on a bigger whingefest than what's going on here, and it's seriously not worth it.

I am not gonna change what I do simply because you think there is no good reason. Personally, I think there is no good reason for you people to be having such a massive whinge about it, but then again, I'm an idiot haha

They cannot ever fix it or stop it, for they do not nor ever will be able to control that feature of the console.

And for someone not caring about the stats of others, that is exactly what this rant is about, your stats being affected by a dashboarder. so way to be a hypocrite.

Here is a hint YOUR stats mean nothing either. For it is just a game and not life and death so get over it.

Camaro68

My stats aren't affected by it, hence the reason that people dashboard.

Apparently, you can't read as my stats was not what my rant was about.

You are ranting about people who dashboard to save stats. Basically you care about your stats and just wont admit to it. You think your stats mean something more than someone who dashboards when in truth your stats mean just as little as their stats do to begin with. Apparently I can read for I understand what your rant was about. You think your stats are better because you don't dashboard. When really no one's stats mean a damn thing when the game is off or out of the console. Leaderboards mean jack nothing and never will in this game. Except to those that try and take them serious where as a lot of players never will. So anyone that gets upset over someone leaving a match for any reason is just as bad as the person that leaves for what ever reason. It is just a game, not real, not important, not life and death. Unless your a wannabe mlg hoping to get picked up by some mlg team.

Bowey1988

Me and my clan absolutely thwarted another clan on Blitz yesterday. We all earned all of our streaks multiple times.

As the match was just finishing I heard them say 'Time to dashboard, I don't want to ruin my stats'.

Why the hell should this team care about their stats if they are inaccurate?!?! I do believe there are plenty of people out their who have a respectable set of accurate stats. But I've noticed that those who say things like 'My K/d is better than yours' or 'Your K/d is poop' then they are the ones who either dashboard religiously or play dirty.

By playing dirty I mean Shield/ Danger close/ C4/ Strong arm/ Fast hands or even the good ol' 'sit in the corner with a MR and thermal' class.

I understand these classes are part of the game, but they are currently being abused. All of the above people should quit the game imo because that is not playing to get better, they are just trolls or k/d wh*res

With all this set aside you should notice that real competitive players do not rely on sly tactics alone, have you noticed?

Bowey1988

Overall opinion: Dashboarders are scum! They should take a loss with dignity otherwise wins don't seem as important.

First game today 21 and 7 TDM, thought sweet nice one, and the host dashboarded right at the end...

Laughed it off, started another... 20 and 6 TDM same thing...

Gotta love these tools, or hate them...

Don't let them ruin your day Bud, they aren't worth the effort...

the wrestler

While I do agree with you on dashboarding, 1000+%, it is a open festering viral sore sitting on top of this game.....

.....please don't use a win streak to spot a dashboarder. If a person plays grouped up (which is common), it is extremely easy to win 40 games in a row. 100 games in a row isn't out of the realm of possibility either if you keep playing your favorite game mode grouped up. There really is no matchmaking in this game that makes it difficult to do so.

And to any of you defending dashboarding, you are f'ing losers. People who hate it, dislike it, it's not because we are obsessed with our own stats. It's because the process of dashingboarding  completely wrecks the CoD game.

Carvalho16

Dashboarding is acceptable when anyone is instantly thrown into a game of Chasm which is in progress and I don't give a rats ass about anyone who thinks otherwise.

gotsomestars

That's EXACTLY the problem. Instead of just manning up and taking a loss, you further the cycle. Now more people get thrown in. You self centered people do stuff like that then in the same breath complain about laggy matches and matchmaking.

I'll end with this.

How much stress do you sore losers think 20,000 people constantly dash boarding and reconnecting puts on the servers???

Next time you are crying about you're "instadeaths" here's a good place to start.

Carvalho16

I don't care about the loss.

Just refuse to join in on a map that shouldn't have even got past the development stage.

Since I will just dashboard when the map name comes up and I'm not actually in the game then I don't really see what your point is.

Bowey1988

I understand how you feel being thrown into a lost game but you could just back out before selecting a class? That way you will not receive a loss against your record

Edit: Sorry ^^ I know how this repeats the cycle of lobby quitters but in my defence I never back out if it was a match that I started from the beginning, even if my team are getting minced! I also stay in a half eaten match as long as there's not too much of a gap between the loss and win.

The only reason why I dashboard is because I have that unfair game against a full clan. I think this honestly unfair. 

gotsomestars

There is ZERO excuse to dashboard. Take your loss like a grownup.

Stop taking the game so serious, stop thinking the stats in the game mean anything outside of the game. This is not a sport, never will be. So the stats really mean nothing at all. So no players don't have to play by your rules or anyone else here's rules on what is fair or not, or legit or not. It is a game meant for simple entertainment. Not a life and death issue. Complaining about it will never change those that do, and no punishment ever will stop it or slow it down either. This is a simple fact about online gaming and always has and always will be. They do not have to take the loss like a grownup when the game throws them in to a match that is just about over or the score is so far lopsided that there is no chance for a win just to make those that were on the other team happy. Players of this game do not have to care what anyone else is thinking or feeling ever there is no rules of fair play and sportsmanship in this game or any other game online. As long as they are not modding, hacking, they are doing nothing wrong. They do no need to live up to your or anyone else expectations/morals/standards of how they should play ever. Until those that complain about it pay for the dash boarders/quitters; internet, console, electric, housing, food, and game they have no say in how someone else chooses to play the game ever.

For as long as there is any kind of stat that in any way or form can be manipulated, people will do so for what ever reasons they have, and will not care what others think about them for doing it either.

Until fully live stat tracking is used in every game where dashboarding no longer has any effect at all, players will continue to do it. Even then they still will to get out of a match they don't like, Or to leave when they have need to do other things, regardless if players like them doing it or not. They are not going to stay just so the other players have more fun, they are not going to back out just because that is the ok method of leaving, for they don't care and don't have too.

Until the entire world is hardwired and no one can shut off their box or disconnect it from the internet it will always exist.

the wrestler

To encourage people to dash makes you an imbecile of epic proportions.

1. People who dislike dashing, they don't dislike it because they are worried about their stats. BS on your part. We dislike dashing because it wrecks the game.That's it.  I can be in the middle of a game, winning, losing, doing whatever... and then the game just crashes. Done. I have to then spend the next 3 to 4 minutes logging back in and in some cases, even spend longer trying to rejoin up with my friends/group. The more people who employ dashing, the more instances like this occur. If it happens five or six times in night, this is close to 30 to 45 minutes of me having to waste my time, my fun ruined, simply because some a-HOLE can't use the features already in the game to quit.

2. You have a mechanism you can use to quit. The in-game menu. A way to back out. Us? We have no way to stop people like you from dashing. We just suffer crashes over and over (i've seen as many as nine in one night)

3. Furthermore, to throw it back upon us, that WE are fussy about our stats is just sheer idiocy on your part. Not only for the reason i outlined above, but also for the logic you employ. We aren't allowed to fuss over our stats playing the right way.... but somehow, you and your dashing asshat friends are allowed to fuss over stats? It's ok for you and your dashing bros to be fussy? That's what you are saying. Because let's be real here, the primary reason people dash, is to PROTECT their stats.That's why you and your bros dash. You claim it's about not liking being thrown into a game in progress. Ok? If that's all there is to it, then why don't you just quit via the in-game menu? Well? Don't answer. Rhetorical question. We know why. Because you are protecting your stats. You are a KD% wearing fa***t who wakes up every morning obsessing over 0.1 pt increases or decreases in your KD, to compensate for your failures in your own personal life. That's why you are on here endorsing it.

4. Furthermore x 2. You tell us to 'stop taking the game so seriously'? Are you and your dashing friends taking it a bit to 'seriously' when you shut down your entire XBox machine, in some cases pulling the plug, do all of that just to make sure your KD ratio doesn't drop down 0.01 pts? The fact that you and your friends go to such lengths to fuss over one stat really says quite a bit about your personality disorders.

5. To say it is the dashboarder's 'right' to play how they want, to dash, is just wrong on every account. What's the pretense there? They paid for the game, they can do what they want? That's your logic? So i suppose a typical CoD Dasher can now go to a movie theater and talk on his cell phone the entire time? He paid for the movie, it's his 'right' to do as he pleases in the theater? That's your logic? Someday when you wake up and move on into the real world, you are in for an awakening. Society has many rules, some unwritten, that we need to use to co-exist amongst each other. It's also known as common courtesy, something you and your bros are haven't quite got a grasp on yet.

6. Last point. to say it can't be stopped is wrong. It can be. IW/Treyarch could end it tomorrow if they so choose to. It would end tomorrow if they simply tacked on an extra +50 deaths on to a person's Kill/death total every time a disconnect happened. Easy to do. They already add a +1 to a person's loss total, so adding a +50 to a death total is doable. 80% of the sudden 'crashes' that happen, would end overnight. And as a double bonus, the whole game-in-progress problem would probably be cut by half too. Less dashing, means less games in progress to join (or at least get people to quit normally)

Now will this be done? Probably not. Why? Because most CoD players are solo players. And IW/3A developers are completely scared of doing ANYTHING to annoy or affect this group of CoD players, especially anything to their KD ratios, as messing with the CoD KD ratio is on par is the like the pissing on the bible at a Southern Baptist Church. You just don't do that, sales might dip. And as everyone knows, at their core, the powers to be at IW/3A aren't interested in doing what's right, they are only interested in getting into little boys pants to extract every last dollar they can get. They are whores. Do what's right  and sell 22 million units? Or be whores and sell 25 million. We know which way they will go.

I get what you are saying, and i read some of it, however if you do not care about stats, than you really didnt wast time.. you still played a match, still got kills, and still had fun within that match before it crashes... I do agree, that if everyone dashes, then the game would be broke, but there are bigger issues that are effecting  the game than dashing.. I experience someone dashing once every 2 or 3 days

1) Wrong most dislike it because of the loss of the stats, not because the match was ended but the loss of the stats from that match being ended...if no stats were loss then most would not even care about it at all. Since it would just mean a quicker start to another match with potential to earn more stats sooner.

2) Just because it is there does not mean I or anyone else has to use to to make you or anyone else happy ever. You never will have any way to stop dashboarding as that is a console feature and no dev will ever have control over it ever. Short of player owned servers where they ban everyone they don't like that didn't play their way.. which leads to nearly empty servers all the time.

3) Yes you are being whiny brats about a video game that was meant for simple entertainment and not life and death as so many players that cry over dashboarding act. Not everyone dashboards because of stats, some do it when they need to leave to do something more important such as real life. Not everyone is going to take the time to back out, just so someone like you is happy. Nor are they not going to play just because they might have to leave or quit within an hour and that might put them in a match. Again this is a damn game, it is not real life it is not important. The stats mean nothing when the game is off.

4) I don't shut mine off, or dashboard. I sign out. Lets me back in the game in 1/3 the time a full dashboard does. Only fools dashboard, smart players wanting out of a match sign out. That fact that people like you fuss so much over a game that is not real or life and death show what personality disorders YOU have.

5) Not wrong, they do not owe anyone else anything ever. If you don't buy their internet/game/console/electric, YOU have no say in how they play EVER. YOU only control yourself and no one else.I do live in the real world bud it seems as if you are the one that does not. For online gaming is not the real world and never will be. It is fantasy, so real world moral/ethics/standards, do not apply ever.

6)No it cannot be stopped even doing that would not stop it.. Only a fool ever thinks it would. Wrong 80% would not be stopped over night barely 20% would be stopped even with that. 50 deaths is easy to make up, hell even 1000 deaths would not take long to recover from. And IW/3arc will never go that far just to make players like YOU happy because they care more about money than making whiny brats happy that they stopped a problem that is not a problem.

the wrestler

Someone said,

"I get what you are saying, and i read some of it, however if you do not care about stats, than you really didnt wast time.. you still played a match, still got kills, and still had fun within that match before it crashes... I do agree, that if everyone dashes, then the game would be broke, but there are bigger issues that are effecting  the game than dashing.. I experience someone dashing once every 2 or 3 days"

No,your logic doesn't hold up.

Do you like to go spend $10 to see a movie, and then 75 minutes into it, the movie 'crashes' and you can't finish it?

Do you like to go watch a NFL football game, and then at the 2 minute warning, the game cuts off, you can't watch the end of it?

Do you like to play say a video game solo campaign, like say GTA, put 67 hours into completing it, and then be told you can't at the end, due to the game crashing?

Would you be happy to spend money on any product in the above examples, and have that happen? Would you tell someone they didn't 'waste their time' as they got to see most of the movie? Most of the NFL football game? They got to play most of GTA? Of course you wouldn't. You would be pissed off just like anyone else. You would be screaming for your money back. So why is CoD suddenly exempt from the above criticism? Why does CoD get a 'special' pass in that it's game endings are perfectly acceptable to crash now and then, due to douchebag players?

No need to answer. We know why. CoD gets a pass on this, because a majority of the player base does it to boost their KD ratios. That's why you see such an endless parade of excuses coming up on posts like this. All of these people are dashboarding KD boosters.

And KD boosting is one of the reasons CoD is such a popular game. What other game (in which you compete against other people) can you get to make it so your bad scores never happened? It's the proverbial 'free lunch'. Your good games get to count, and you can make it so any bad result never happened. Win/'win for today's 'EVERYONE GETS A TROPHY' generation.

if i saw a football game and it crashes, then in sec i can  see another football game, i wouldnt care. same with a movie.. i mean the movie thing does actually happen.. ie.. you buy a movie and the movie freezes.. does it mess up the veiwing experience.. the moment maybe, but can i still go back and see the movie in minutes.. yes, so who cares..

im not discrediting you it can be frustrating, and it would be very much so if it happened all the time, but i cant vouch that it does, because it rarely happens to me

the wrestler

You can't go back and 'see' your crashed CoD game. That game is over. It doesn't finish. It never will.

So your example is a bad one. Again, try it like this. What if you just paid $4.50 for OnDemand movie, watched 82 minutes of it, and then close to the end, the movie 'crashes'. You can't get it back. You can't reload it. It won't come up. Are you going to brush it off as no big deal? Maybe you brush it off the first time. Maybe even the second time. But when it happens five to fifteen times a week, are you going to fluff it off as 'no big deal'?

No, you wouldn't be. You would be pissed. And if you say anything but that, you are a liar.

a movie is a movie, a game match is a game match.. when the game ends its just like any other match, a movie is a story of its own.. a football game is a story of its own.. I have played thousands of matches.. and i cant tell you anything about them.. they are all the same.. I have seen hundreds of movies.. i can tell you about them from beginning to end.. why? because they have substance.. my last game i couldn't tell you what happened.. i couldn't even tell you what gun i used.. and i played last night

your argument is over something that has no substance.. you can negate what I say all you want, it doesn't make me or you right, so you saying Im wrong means nothing

at the end of the day.. if you hate it so much, dont play.. simple

You do realize that on demand movies can be watched more than just once. You rent them for a time period not a single watching.

ukscorpz

Excellent post - this is exactly right.

Last night pretty much 80% of my games were ruined by dashboarders.

I spent 9 minutes playing and winning the match and then these players dash the last minute rendering the whole exercise a total waste of time.

I don't get to play as much as I'd like, and with clan wars the time I do get to play is critical to earning points, doing this means my clan were robbed of points earned.  Therefore IT IS CHEATING and should be punished as so. 

Thing is technically it is not cheating. Since there are no rules against quitting a match at all even during clan wars. In fact there are no rules against quitting at all for any reason. So they are not going to be punished nor do they deserve it since they broke no rules.

No where does it say the clans have to finish the match, no where does it say a player has to finish a game they start. So no rules were broke, so it is not cheating. You were robbed of nothing.  You cant be robbed in a video game for it is not tangible. It is not property, you don't own anything in it. In fact you don't really even own the game or any rights to it at all. You don't deserve the points if the game does not finish, no matter what you feel or think.

gotsomestars

You are changing the argument. The problem isn't quitting. Its dash boarding. Quitting ends the game for YOU. Dashing ends it for everyone.

Only if you are the host it ends it for everyone, for those not the host it does nothing at all toward the other players. And since no one really knows who is host they probably figured this would stop players from doing it, but really does not. And that is where the flaw of a singular stored data on one host comes in to play. if the data was stored on two players, one of each team(One true host, the second just a data store replicator). Would not matter if the host dash-boarded. During the new host selection it would pause the match(temp send to lobby), choose the other player with the copy of data(resume game), then assign a second new player as a data store as well(send copy while reloading match). Unless both players dashed at the same time, it would not ever completely end the match. For there would always be someone with the match data that could be used to restart the match as the new host. At end of match it would poll both data stores, compare stats, then upload which ever had the most recent time stamp. Effectively the problem of dash-boarding and match ending removed. Plus would end the ability to stat pad as well. Since there would always be a copy of the stats on one team or the other at all times.

Same as how you can have MySQL running on one machine and have a second machine run as a replicator to maintain a back up in case the first machine crashes.

ukscorpz

Of course we deserved the points, we were over 20 points clear and under 60 seconds off winning the game.

If a sports team decided to go home halfway through a game because they were losing - the other team would be awarded the win.

Dashboarding IS CHEATING because it AFFECTS THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME.

It prevents the winners of the match from receiving the points they have legitimately earned.

You do not deserve anything unless the game is finished and completed.

CoD is not a sport, video games are not sports and never will be. Nor will all those who play them play them as a sport just because some may want too.

Dashboarding is not cheating. No where has it ever been said by the devs that dashboarding is considered cheating and it is the devs that have the final say on what is or is not cheating within their game, not the players.

You were winning the match, does not mean you would have been the winner, so to assume just because you were winning your entitled to something is flawed logic. You are not entitled to anything in a match beyond what you get at the end of the match.

Plus it is just a game, not life , not death, not important, not a sport, Not real. To get upset over stats in a video game is just stupid

ukscorpz

So what is the point of Clan Wars then?

I'm not that upset, not like I'm going to let it ruin my life - its just a frustration as these bad losers cannot accept defeat.

Its very bad form.

You do not make sense with regards to winning the match.

Fact is if there is 30 seconds to go and I'm 20 kills ahead, the other team is very unlikely to pull it back - so of course I deserve the points/win etc.

I take it this is an attempt to troll as your point is moot.

The point of Clan wars was stupid it was their attempt to add in another level of meta competition beyond Clan vs Clan. To give those that were not always playing with their clan more options on how to help the clan level.

See that is the thing they don't have too, this is not a refereed game. where some outside force controls the end results. It is not a sport, nor will everyone that ever plays it, see it as such and thus play with any resemblance of sportsmanship since they don't have too. Is it fair.. no.. but can anything be done about it while using listen servers.. again no. Only full live stat tracing such as done with dedicated servers can ever have a chance to prevent the loss of those stats or points. Or another idea I had and posted somewhere else.

Not an attempt to troll. It is simple truth, even if you do not think was possible I have seen teams that were at 160 to 40 come back and win. I have seen tdm matches where the  other team was 4 away from winning and the other team was down by more than 10 loose because the other team made a quick comeback. So it can happen. So no score was truly earned since the game was not truly finished to decide who the true winner was.

Rich_J

Lol report people because of their win streak? People will find any excuse to report people these days. Feel free to report me if you ever run into me and my high win streak. Make sure you send me a message though saying you did so I can send one in a week or two letting you know I'm not banned. Yes people who dashboard suck, but there isn't much you can do about it, even the probation system in BO2 didn't really fix it.

gypsyfrogking

wouldnt it be easier if iw made it if you quit because your losing then its classed as a loss

They could never fix this problem in a way that would satisfy everyone. Just take pride in the fact that you caused a person/team to quit.

the wrestler

1) Wrong most dislike it because of the loss of the stats, not because the match was ended but the loss of the stats from that match being ended...if no stats were loss then most would not even care about it at all. Since it would just mean a quicker start to another match with potential to earn more stats sooner.

Wrong.

trialstardragon  said

3) Yes you are being whiny brats about a video game that was meant for simple entertainment and not life and death as so many players that cry over dashboarding act. Not everyone dashboards because of stats, some do it when they need to leave to do something more important such as real life. Not everyone is going to take the time to back out, just so someone like you is happy.

You are being obtuse. We all realize that once in a while people have to leave. But let's be honest, most all dashboarding happens due to players NOT LIKING the result of a match, and NOT WANTING their bad score to count. Don't be a fvcking idiot. You know why people dash. You make it out like thousands of people out there suddenly can't control their bowell movement and can't wait 34 seconds to go to the bathroom, so they have to unplug their machine. That's not reality.

.

trialstardragon  said

4) I don't shut mine off, or dashboard. I sign out. Lets me back in the game in 1/3 the time a full dashboard does. Only fools dashboard, smart players wanting out of a match sign out.

If you don't dashboard, then why are you even on here defending it?

.

trialstardragon  said

.I do live in the real world bud it seems as if you are the one that does not. For online gaming is not the real world and never will be. It is fantasy, so real world moral/ethics/standards, do not apply ever.

Common courtesy exists just as much in the 'world' of gaming as it does in the world of seeing movies at a movie theater or sitting in the stands of a sporting event, as well as competing in an actual sporting event. Just because you are hiding behind a computer screen, doesn't give you free reign to act like an *******. Apparently it's you who has some growing up to do.

.

trialstardragon  said

1000 deaths would not take long to recover from.

Oh really? Do you even play CoD duty? I really don't think you do as you have no clue what goes on in this game. A dasher who has 25,000 kills and 12,500 deaths (2.00 KD), would see his KD ratio drop from 2.00 to 1.85 instantly adding on 1,000 deaths in case he dashed. It would take him a couple HUNDRED "30-15" games to get his KD back up to where it was at, around 2.00. A couple HUNDRED games. At 8 min a game, we are talking like 15 hours or more of gaming.

trialstardragon  said

because they care more about money than making whiny brats happy

I already said that..

1) Not wrong, the average player only cares about the stats and experience and progress toward challenges of the match earned. Not that it not go to score or to time. So no I am not wrong.

2) not being obtuse at all, YOU have no real idea as to why they quit. YOU only assume you do. Were you at their home when they quit to know exactly why? NO.. so again not wrong in what I said. To assume otherwise as you did makes you the idiot and moron.

3) signing out will cause the same effect if I am host. I am not defending it, just pointing out that there is nothing that will ever stop it completely no matter how much YOU or anyone else wants to think or wish or believe. Nothing the devs try will stop it, or even slow it down by more than a minimal margin ever. Even BO2's probation did little to slow it down. It was a joke and most knew how to get around it in ways that it did not affect them playing at all.

4)That is where you are wrong, people owe you nothing online. You are a faceless person, not someone they care about or have too. Just because you chose to play as such does not mean everyone else has to or will ever no matter how much you think they should or try to say so. Common courtesy has no place on the internet where everyone is faceless and anyone can be anyone or anything they want. I could be any age or either gender and you would not really know. No matter what my profile here or other places  may say. It all could be false. It is not like real life where you are face face with the person and know them on a more personal level even if still just an acquaintance or competitor in a sport. Online who you are means nothing to anyone else but you and the few others that thing that internet is truth and believe what they read or see or hear on it as if it cannot lie.

5) Yes I do play CoD, I have played everyone since WaW and MW. I am even max prestige in BO and one other of the games. 15 hours of gaming is nothing if you really cared about stats, could be done over a weekend. So not a big deal if they don't do it often. And not all that dashboard do it all the time. For those that did not, it would be no issue to recover from.

yes you did and is why I can easily say it will never change no matter how much anyone comes here and complains about it.

Camaro68

"signing out will cause the same effect if I am host"

Wrong - It will cause a host migration and the game will continue.

Wrong a sign out is the same as a host dash boarding. since if you are the host singing out cuts the connection to the server. It does not allow the data to be transmitted allowing for a host migration. I know this for I have done in numerous times in every game and it always forced the other players back to the lobby for it ended the game.

Singing out is the same as pulling the plug to your Ethernet, it causes the game to time out, the same as a dash board.

puertoricanguy9

he could be on guy who plays infected only...i did a challenge for infected where all u need is wins to complete the challenge and i ended up having a 108 win streak...im not proud of the streak either because it isnt a legit streak..my longest legit streak is 30

godlyintellect

it also depends on what kind of event happened from dashboarding. was it a complete team dashboard or is it a full team that pulls the rest of the party out of the lobby? Or is it single player dashboarding? If the host dashboards and kicks everyone out of the lobby then theres a problem but if it was just one or two people who dashboarded and left players on the opposing team then it should be fine right? but the entire team leaving and causing the forfeit timer to appear is annoying especially when the you are playing search or if it doesnt put new players into the game. but in ghosts you can back out and not dashboard to keep a streak, although you keep your kills, deaths, and points earned but you still receive a loss in your wins/losses totals though so it affects your w/l ratio.

obzi

Dashboarding is frustrating but Trianstardragon is right in that there is nothing you can do about it, certainly not with Ghosts on the 360 anyway.

You can argue amongst each other until the cows come home, you can start 3000 threads and riot in the street but you can't stop it and absolutely nothing is going to be done as far as this game is concerned.

Somebody said on here the other day you can't dashboard on the Xbox One and I'm not sure how much truth there is in that, wouldn't pulling the power cable still do it?

If you can't dashboard on the One then problem solved, we will all be moving over to that soon anyway.

IW and Activision are trying to make as much money they still can out of this game, they're certainly not going to spend money on something such as this, you really are flogging a dead horse on this one.

godlyintellect

powering off your xbox will give you the dashboard effect no matter what. the issue with the ability to punish players for it is non-existent because when someone dashboards it erases the players' profile from that game because you have to stay connected to live and complete the game or backout of the lobby while still connected to live for it to register in the system that you were in the game and had x amount of kills and x amount of deaths etc.

so very true on this simple fact. you leave by any other means then the game ending and returning to lobby or backing out to the lobby and it is the same as dashboarding in how it affects the game.

the wrestler

"powering off your xbox will give you the dashboard effect no matter what. the issue with the ability to punish players for it is non-existent because when someone dashboards it erases the players' profile from that game because you have to stay connected to live and complete the game or backout of the lobby while still connected to live for it to register in the system that you were in the game and had x amount of kills and x amount of deaths etc."

The above is not necessarily true. You don't need someone's profile to stay connected in order to assign stats to them. We know this isn't true, because prior CoD games (under Treyach) did assign stats to a person if their profile was disconnected.

godlyintellect

your stats still stay in the game when dashboarding because the enemy players that shot you had obtained kills which they do not lose when the game is over but i still fail to see which game you are speaking of because i tried this in all the old games over the weekend and didnt retain any of my kills and deaths from the games i played in that i tried the dashboarding exploit. but to a certain extent i can say for sure you are still right

puertoricanguy9

or he was playing 42 games in a row on infected

Twisted54

I think IW should do what DICE did for Battlefield. They should make it so even if you do quit, it still scores your points, k/d, w/l. That way, dashboarding would become useless and stop the games ending.

AlteredVista

I have a friend (actually it's my friends-friend) who I only play search and destroy with and he often dashboards when he is lagging or in BO2 when he was 2 bar, and I know he would be mad if his stats counted. I don't care about punishing players, and I don't like how people were given probation for quiting. I really think people should be able to leave without having to wait 15 minutes to play again.

It's the losses you get when the host migration fails that annoy me. I just think there needs to be better matchmaking so it can still find a server even if the host quits.I think the match bonus reward should actually mean something. Perhaps some exclusive titles or patches that can be bought with a certain number of games completed. The match bonus just doesn't seem to be enough.

poisonvein7

thats the thing tho. just because ur lagging doesnt justify dashboarding. i would consider myself a pretty good player, this is in no means bragging, but my k/d on mw3 is like 3.7 overall and on ghosts like 3.2 overall and both with great win/loss ratios.

the reason i bring up my stats is because i have never dashboarded and never will and i also get those laggy matches but guess what? so does everybody else. we are all on the same playing field and we all experience the same issues and one point or another and yet i still manage to maintain the stats that i have.

plus at the end of the day stats are meaningless. all they are really for is tracking yourself and for funny bragging with friends. any1 who thinks so highly of themselves because of stats in a video game is just too full of themselves. even worse is when they feel this way and brag knowing full well they dashboarded to even get the stats in the 1st place.

AlteredVista

I'm the same. I carry a 3.5 k/d and I never dashboard. My last five games can sometimes be a roller coaster.I think my friend might dashboard for his win loss because it doesn't make much sense to dashboard search when the stats are very minuscule. Then again maybe that's all he plays. He did it all BO2 and Ghosts. Dashboard is a bad idea anyway because I think you can probably ruin your disc tray by doing it so much.

Dav8or

If you have a k/d of 3.5, why would you ever dashboard? That means you win nearly all your gunfights and go positive pretty much every game. What have you got to be frustrated about?

People dashboard because they are frustrated that the game isn't fair and they can't win no matter what they try. Here's an idea, if you don't want people to quit and potentially cause you to not earn yet another win, try letting the other guys kill you on purpose. If you're already ahead by say 15 / 3 why not let the other guys have a few kills? Artificially keep the game close. Seems like an interesting challenge, kind of like getting gold camo or something for those of you that always win. How much can you let the other guys get kills and still win? You can always gain it back again, right?

If you continue on as you would normally to the inevitable 31 / 5 conclusion, you will have people on the other team quitting and one of them might be host.

Just an idea.

Shadowelite555

Well, dont report them, they dont deserve that punishment, however it sucks that it happens.

Gathering_Storm

I think the only time I would ever dashboard is if I was placed back into a game I just left because I wasn't doing too well. To me, it doesn't make sense taking two losses for the same game. Luckily, this scenario is pretty rare for me.