16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2014 11:44 AM by milo-iq RSS

Muting Team Members

I had to mute one of my clan/team members constantly through the weekend, he had his grandbaby and the crying form the little one just became too much. It would reach a point and I would say "sorry, I have to mute you" and he got upset! I told him that not everyone can stand to hear hour on hours of a baby crying!

• Re: Muting Team Members
          thehunan

Mute is a nice thing. Background TV, Music, younger players thinks it is must to make strange sounds or constant noise to get someone upset. It would be a bad thing if it was not there.

At one point there were 5 of us (clan) and we picked up a random, the random a young kid was calling them out but he would not shut up in between. I finally had to tell him to either keep quite and just call them out or we are all muting you and you will not know where they are! He shut up!

TheBeastlyDude

I do the same all the time and most of the time, my clanmate understands. My biggest problem is when I have to mute a clan mate because, instead of using their mic in a tactical manner, they prefer to use it to be a "negative ninny" and to huff and puff. Those players get muted with the reasoning "if I wanted to listen to someone ***** the whole time, I would have a wife and not be playing a video game".

Im_Old_School

I have to believe a huffing and puffing "Negative Ninny" is much worse than a pissin' and moanin' "Negative Nancy".  And I have heard my share of Negative Nancy's so I can only imagine what a Negative Ninny goes on like!!!

TheBeastlyDude

Negative Ninnys are worse than Negative Nancys. Negative Nancys are just negative people whereas a negative ninny is negative while at the same time is the one making the mistakes.

Negative Ninny: OMG! There's a camper in the back of the spawn!

(Gets killed by him and runs back!)

Negative Ninny: OMG! That camper is still there!

Negative Ninny: OMG! **** this ****. This player sucks! He is still there!

Negative Ninny: OMG! He is not even playing the objective! He is just raising his K/D!

I don't think I need to go further but you get the point. One thing is being negative but if you are being negative because you keep doing a stupid action, you are the absolute worse!

Alky6

I have a PS3 headset which has an on/off switch for the mic. I notice that Turtle Beach and others that are supposed to be wonderful products for the game community... don't have the on/off switch. No wonder these kids whistle & phart, have their moms yelling at them, music and all kinds of nonsense going on. I'm a strictly solo player and I love IW's mute system, I mute everyone once and the game keeps everyone muted for every match no matter who's playing. In BO2 you had to keep muting every lobby and everyone that joined.

To me it's very annoying that people who aren't using coms to play have no way to turn of their mic.

Im_Old_School

Oh I know the crying babies.  I mean I realize that babies are cute and thats what babies do and all but gee whiz...

And the singing...WHAT IS UP WITH THE SINGING?

And the two teenage friends who use in game chat to talk about their homework and what they had for lunch, etc.  I had to call out a couple of guys a while back (which is generally not in my nature to do) but they were just yakking on and on about nothing that had to do with the game.  I finally said, "HEY...while you two are talking about what's for lunch here do either of you two see ANYBODY we can shoot?"   One of them said, "Yea"

And that was it....

They went right back to lunchtime and homework!

Mute....Mute....solved.

Schoat333

I have always made sure my son is asleep before I play.

A) He doesn't need to see a shooting game yet.

B) He would be climbing all over me while I try to play because he loves holding the PS controllers.

C) If my son is awake, I give him my attention, not a game.

milo-iq

I usually run with my Mike off because I'm a whining ninny can't help it bollox I'm whining again

Highwayman0226

I don't generally play with my kids around, but when they are, I'll mute my mic.  Why would my team want to listen to my kids making all kinds of noise?  I'll mute a clan mate if he has a crappy mic that is buzzing or something.