29 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 1:30 AM by greyfryer67 RSS

Season Pass Is Pointless?

DoW xASSAULTx

Alright so everyone knows about the new customization packs and extra loadout slots that came in today's update. Yeah they are cool and all, but $1.99 for a cat camo?! You serious? Why did I purchase the season pass in the first place? So I save $5 on map packs in one year? The season pass should be good for all DLC. Camos, characters, killstreaks, guns & etc. It is bullsh*t that I have to pay for extra classes. I already wasted 100 squad points on three other classes, so why do I now have to pay $1.99 for 4 more classes? Infinity Ward, stop messing up! Goes for Treyarch too. The Call of Duty Community is tired of spending money on the Season Pass when it doesn't even help us!

• Re: Season Pass Is Pointless?
          yovlud

Ahhh!  Another victim of not reading about a product before buying!  Season pass is just for the DLC Map Packs, and the Bonus "Team Leader" pack or something to that effect.

iHattoriHanzo0

The season pass isn't pointless. 4 dlc packs with maps, Extinction, and misc stuff of their choosing such as the Maverick. Now depending on how much of that stuff you utilize is up to you. For instance, if you don't like Extinction, then it might not be worth it. Personally I love achievements and Extinction is basically another game that I've paid for with the season pass. All said and done, Ghosts will most likely have a 2000 gamerscore. Let alone 16 more multiplayer maps which will double the amount from launch. $50 bucks will be well worth it for me.

As far as mdlc, we all know Activision is a money making machine. The entire game is built around profit. Even pre order exclusives aren't exclusive after time. I'm sure Activision as a strong legal team that has approved all the small print as Yovlud was getting at. If you feel like you're being ripped off, try being a smarter consumer. As far as all the stuff being worth it, thats all opinion.

nicedrewishfela

Amazing how uninformed consumers are.

They told you exactly what you were getting with the Season Pass... maybe you should have paid attention?

This sounds like a rehash from the BO2 forums, same threads with the same silly accusations.

idyb

I agree. It's honestly bad PR move for them. I don't think they realize that this model has to change in future games. They are just going to continue to piss off loyal customers. I especially hate how extra create a slots are now paid for. It's both a pay to win strategy and something that we had free in other games. Also, I would prefer these camos be added into the game with the map pack, but still require challenges to unlock them (but they wouldn't effect gold camo).

yovlud

I'm a loyal customer and I love micro transactions...and how on earth is it "pay to win" with extra slots?  As for "Pay to Win", everything in the world is "Pay to Win".  Take Formula 1 racing for example...Infinity Red Bull has the best cars because they have the most money, whereas Caterham and Marussia don't have the high budget and therefore are constantly finishing at the back of the grid.  Baseball, teams like the Miami Marlins don't have the budget to pay good players, and that causes them to struggle, and on the flip side, the Red Sox, Yankees, have the money and have the best rosters. 

If other players spending $4 on a Space Cat camo and Extra Class Slots is causing you to lose, you have major issues!

Either pay for it or don't...IW/Activision has never put a gun to your or anyone else's head and MADE you pay for new content...STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DLC.

nicedrewishfela

I agree about Micro DLC.  I don't have a problem as long as the items are non-gameplay impacting.

That is why the slots are a point of contention with so many. We used to just get (or be able to earn at least) 10 Custom Class Slots. When BO2 offered additional slots it wasn't gameplay impacting, as even if you had 100 slots, you could only use 10 of them in game at a time(and you only got more sets of however many slots you had unlocked up until that point). This time around, however, you get 4 more in game, no matter which soldier you are using(Correct me if I am wrong. I haven't had a chance to play around with this in game). So you potentially have more options available in game than someone who didn't purchase the packs.

While I am not sure that is "Pay to Win", it definitely hedges on it. In BO2, you had only the killstreaks you had chosen, but in this game you get them per class. So a player with more choices could potentially have the ability to choose a loadout that might effect the outcome of the game, whereas if they had 6 loadouts they may not have that option available. All hypothetical, of course, but you see where I am coming from... I hope.

Runandgunerring

So because you paid for maps you think you should also be entitled to camos and perk slots?

Oh boy, the entitled crowd these days is getting out of hand.

greyfryer67

The season pass IS the most cost effective method of purchasing the DLC map packs, that's not opinion it is mathematics.

They throw in a few little extras when you buy it so that you have some tinsel before the first maps are released.

It is decent value for money if you are going to be playing a lot of COD.

Pictures of cats and extra slots are a side issue and were never mentioned in the pre purchase terms.

Forget the wrapping paper just enjoy the present dude.

OUHATEME

like stated numerous times the season pass is exactly what it is supposed to be. Now let's look at the flip side , if you didn't get the season pass and started seeing all of these cats in space type stuff and really wanted it wouldn't you rather have the option to purchase just that instead of having to purchase a season pass just for a duck or a cat weapon skin. Looks to me at least this way they give everyone a chance at certain things . Just another perspective.

FalconR6

Ooops didn't mean to reply to you directly Ouhateme. How you going mate

If you wrote this post last year I would have some sympathy for you because I thought that the description for the BO2 Season Pass was ambiguous. However, Ghosts Season Pass is straight forward - 4 map packs, save $10. You also get the Team leader Pack also get the Fall map.

As guys have said above - it's the most efficient way of buying map packs, and you get some extras.

The micro transactions are fine with me.

But, and big But, paying for custom slots is ridiculous. The blurb for micro dlc which you can find in the Acti Knowledge bank states that no micro transactions will effect game play. Sorry, but having extra loadouts available to you does give you an advantage in-game. Who ever came up with that logic needs a lobotomy.  

greyfryer67

Nice, good thinking.

Here is another kicker.. those camo's and skins dont xfer back and forth between old and next gen console. You have to buy them twice to have them on both.

DjDUB_UK

trialstardragon wrote:

Here is another kicker.. those camo's and skins dont xfer back and forth between old and next gen console. You have to buy them twice to have them on both.

This is the part that chaps my hide the most! Ok..I get it..about the season pass. Good points there…but you should be able to transfer DLC/Micro crap between consoles like other things transfer. Just lame IMO

koldmiser

Devs just can't win. Had this been included in the Season Pass then the complaint would have been they weren't being offered as micro transactions.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Apocalypzx

I'm thinking of buying the season pass but I'm not sure. I bought the "Elias" and "Keegan" characters and I love them they look badazz. As for the extra slots I feel we should not have to pay for something that was in previous CoD's for free all you had to do was earn them through prestiging or other means. I feel your rage and I feel the same way about a lot of this DLC because I end up spending over $120 per COD game the past few games or more and I'm a little fed up for sure but just be careful of what you buy and always research DLC before purchasing like I did with the two characters I purchased (worth it to be unique and original!)

PugnaxAlbere

For the sake of arguement lets say this.......

I have buddies who own ghosts and ive played it at there house.... ohhhhh ahhhh great game I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!!

head to HELL-MART and buy one xbox360 for $250ish

buy one copy of Ghosts for $55ish

buy an xbox live pass for $50ish

internet costs $50ish or more a month depending on service ( 600-1200 $$$ a year )

so what do you have now after spending almost a grand maybe more......

A game that offers many types of modes of gameplay ie.... singleplayer, squads, multiplayer and Extinction which could technically keep you busy until the newest FPS or whatever game you play comes out..... worth a grand or more???? no but thats what you have already ponied up to just land your ass in a match. Do you or anyone really NEED a seasons pass to play and have fun? no but for another $50 spot you to can own it and the things contained in it, do you really need to play as Price or Hesh or plaster kitty faces on your equipment to play? no.... rough estimate on cost since I dont have the exact figure is probably $50ish again to own all of them.

My point is this folks...... there is zero way around the FACT we all pay out the nose to play this game but in retrospect the newest stuff added is a fraction of what your already paying to play so there is ZERO point in complaining about it. If you don't want it don't buy it, easy enough. If you bought it and expect more than what you got then I suggest reading the FINE print first.... If you didn't buy it then don't whine that it should be free since Im pretty sure the Dev's need to eat as well and pay taxes.... A quick visit to the xbox store will show anyone that in any COD game the extra's well cost extra!!!! They are still selling DLC for BLOP1 and MW2 even though they probably haven't sold a new copy of those games since they can be grabbed at Gamestop for $10..... but they can earn a profit with DLC's and the goodies from micro trans. Think of it like this to put your mind at ease folks...... I am 100% sure without a doubt that any and all profits/proceeds from DLC and other items offered and or sold in store will be going to ensure that bug/glitch issues get fixed, gameplay is nothing short of amazing and that all of inquiries/complaints get handled in a rapid orderly fashion.......really HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA happy hunting everyone

Apocalypzx

As much of a penny pincher as I am I agree with just buying it and dealing with it...unless you want to play Battlefield (yuck).

greyfryer67

If you have paid a total of $1,000 to get you going on COD ghosts, then you are paying the equivalent of $2.73 per day to play COD.

And that is only if you buy a new xbox every year, if it lasts you five years then that figure is greatly reduced.

$2.73 per day I spend more than that on coffee.

If, like me , you have young kids and don't get to party as much as you used to, then this is the best entertainment for your buck available without question, not to mention all the movies and internet surfing that the Xbox offers .

They can spend the money on liquor and prostitutes for all I care, I still think that the technology available in my front room for me to have fun with is mindblowing and I can't imagine why people pick fault with it.

Mind you I am old and still think digital watches are impressive!!

Medrano911

As far as I am concerned the season pass meets my expectation with a new gun, couple of maps and a great extinction mode, if you play a lot of extinction msg me on 360 at Medrano911

Didn't you know its all about money yet?