5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2014 7:41 AM by BkfstWidow Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Can Activision investigate a clan during clan wars to ensure they are not cheating?

haxmonkey

The Springs Clan War has just begun yesterday and a clan we are currently competing against are already at 245CP. I understand that they recieve additional points when they hold any particular node for 2+ hours.

However, myself and others of our current clan noticed that they are able to get ~20 - 30 points on a node within half the amount of time it would normally take. Some great examples are when they have completely held a node and we finally took it down (making their point value there go down to 0) and within about an hour they are already 30 - 50 points up, if not captured it again.

Not only that, but they'll do this to multiple nodes at one time. They have 50+ members, but I find it hard to imagine they have all 50+ members playing at the same time, all working on all these different nodes.

This is an unusual behavior and I have not noticed this anywhere else. The other clans in this war are at 87CP, 76CP, and 20CP. All about normal for how early this was has just started. My team has also looked into the players in that particular clan, and while a high majority of them may have a 3.0+ K/D, their win % is horrible.

Can Activision, please investigate this clan and find out if they're having legit matches, or not exploiting any part of this game? I could only imagine they somehow have designated people they're playing against and when the game starts, the other team backs out and they get the win ini ~1 min.

The clan I am questioning is: [Removed by Moderator]

Has anyone else noticed odd clans in a clan war, or odd behavior?

• Re: Can Activision investigate a clan during clan wars to ensure they are not cheating?
          OMEGALEAD

I HAVE NOTICE THIS TOO, ON ALL THE CLAN WARS THAT ME AND MY CLAN HAVE PARTICIPATED THIS HAS BEEN A ISSUE, WE SEE THEIR K/D, W/L RATIO AS WELL AS THEIR CLANS K/D AND IT IS JUST HORRIBLE WE ARE VERY UPSET THAT WE CANNOT WIN A CLAN WAR AND WE HARDLY LOSE ANY OF THE MATCHES WE PLAY, WE JUST FIGURED THAT WE WERE NOT THAT GOOD, BUT WHEN WE CHECKED ON THE APP THEY WOULD HAVE 14 POINTS AHEAD OF US AND THEN 20 POINTS IN THE TIME THAT IT WOULD TAKE US TO WIN A CRANKED MATCH AND THAT ENDS PRETTY QUICK, SO WE JUST FIGURED THAT THEY CHEATED SOME HOW BUT WE DON'T KNOW HOW, READING YOUR POST MAKE PERFECT SENSE TO HOW THEY CAN WIN A CLAN WAR

• Re: Can Activision investigate a clan during clan wars to ensure they are not cheating?
              haxmonkey

I am glad I am not the only one who has noticed this issue. However, try not to talk all in CAPS. I am just hoping someone from Activision will see this thread and offer some advice or support on this issue, as I feel they really could spend just a few minutes looking into the clan I am talking about and somehow seeing if their recent game matches are oddly short, or if something weird is going on in general.

We all bought this game and expect the developers and publishers to care about their customer base. I have been a supporter of the Call of Duty Franchise since Modern Warfare, but knowing that there are hackers or people who might be exploiting the game for their own personal benefit, and seeing no repercussions from the developers, leaves me to feel that they just do not care about their customers anymore and instead, just want the money to continue rolling in. If that is the case, you will not see me purchasing any future material from Activision, or Infinity Ward.

maccabi

you cant name and shame on the forums so you need to edit your post and remove the clan name.

Your best course of action is to tweet @beachheadstudio  direct with the details as they are the ones who handle clan wars and can investigate.

haxmonkey

Well, seeing as the website says that if I want to report or ask for an investigation into a user or clan for potentially cheating, they direct me here, to these support forums, I would assume that they would need the specific person or clan name in order to investigate, no?

And if you're suggesting I need to make a twitter account just to have this looked into, then they need to take a second look at themselves and think about whether they are trying to keep a stable community of players and supporters of the CoD franchise, or they're just in it for the money now. And for the record, if I were to use twitter, I would have to tweet them the name of the clan I am questioning anyways... And I think Twitter might be a little more public than these forums

No one enjoys cheaters, exploiters, or glitchers. They ruin the game. No one likes to spend $60 but get an unfair advantage because they didn't give some guy an extra $xx to get all the guns, patches, levels, etc..

BkfstWidow

Hey haxmonkey

Can you please private message me the following information? Also, please refrain from naming-and-shaming on the forum as it against our forum policy. We appreciate your assistance with reporting clans you suspect of cheating.

Clan name:

War:

Notes:

^MC