8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2014 11:19 AM by maccabi RSS

Diamond division scoring.

maccabi

I'm trying really hard to get my head around this, Clan wars has been going for some time snow, and we have shown time and time again how flawed the scoring system is when you having diminishing returns, So obviously they add it to diamond division..

so all the hype about Diamond being the best of the best , a real competition and addressing the issues normal clan wars still is riddled with was basically just hype again ?

In fairness though BH have actually managed to improve on their flawed system by now making it twice as long to cap a node as a "fake" clan hold all the nodes... lucky now it takes twice as long there isnt only a small window in which to cap nodes in right

Diamond division is not a competition between clans really, it is even more flawed than normal clan wars, as it has just devolved into first clan to cap a few nodes wins, With a 4 hour window and this affects small clans a lot more, no one is going to waste time taking other clans nodes, they will all be too busy rushing to secure nodes owned by the fake clan.

The prospect of three days of this is right up there with a root canal.

On the plus side, at least they moved the uk start time forward one hour, which i suppose is a small positive, and they have gone with participation style  rewarding so top three clans "win".

• Re: Diamond division scoring.
          OUHATEME

Waiting till we play it to see what we think . Not sure that I agree on it being more difficult for smaller clans because if it is similar to the other clan wars the amount of wins to take a node should be proportional to clan size. It would only be more difficult if they have inactive members. But we will have to wait and see on this.  I will agree on the time frames , I personally liked being able to play at my convienance . When it is over we will see how effective the scoring system is. Even though it diminishes it is only for that day we get it reset each day, so we will see how this pans out.

I hope that they messaged the clans that chose that time slot that was changed. Waiting an hour to start might also be just right since all the nodes are captured by the fake clan anyways.

At the end of this I wonder how many fake clans will win!!  Now there's a thought.

maccabi

OUHATEME wrote:

Waiting till we play it to see what we think . Not sure that I agree on it being more difficult for smaller clans because if it is similar to the other clan wars the amount of wins to take a node should be proportional to clan size. It would only be more difficult if they have inactive members. But we will have to wait and see on this.  I will agree on the time frames , I personally liked being able to play at my convienance . When it is over we will see how effective the scoring system is. Even though it diminishes it is only for that day we get it reset each day, so we will see how this pans out.

I hope that they messaged the clans that chose that time slot that was changed. Waiting an hour to start might also be just right since all the nodes are captured by the fake clan anyways.

At the end of this I wonder how many fake clans will win!!  Now there's a thought.

the smaller the clan size the less nodes you can take at once, so small clans tend to only focus on one node then move onto the next, larger clans obviously having more players can take a couple of nodes at the same time.

as the time frame is only 4 hours this them limits the amount of time /nodes a smaller clan can feasibly go for.

As it now takes double the amount of time to cap a node this also becomes a factor.

As we still have the flawed diminsihing returns, there is no incentive for any clan to take another real clans nodes until all the original nodes are taken, which again in a 4 hour slot means smaller sized clan wars wont happen.

its not a war its the same race to cap first

OUHATEME

im just looking at it differently for 100 man clan if it takes an average of 1.5 wins per player to take a node it still takes and average of 1.5 wins per player on a ten man clan. From there is where different strategies come into play. Plus since we haven't seen what it takes yet they may have lessened what it takes to cap each node down to an average of 1 win per player , we won't know until it starts.

I Am still looking foreward to it and at the end I may end up agreeing with you about the competition, but until we go through it I'm staying open minded about it.

maccabi

what annoys me most, is the majority of the clans in diamond got there due to the flawed way bh set up the normal clan wars, where you could easily end up in a war where yours was the only clan participating, or like our clan did work out early on how easy it was to win by using the flawed scoring system to your advantage,

and given the majority of clans play in bronze to platinum, it strikes me as well frnkly dumb, that instead of addressing the majority of issues clans have complained about in those divisions they "fix" diamond. instead a good example being you have to opt in.

we all expected it clan wars is slowly turning into this years version of clan ops

gameaddict320

i wondered that to ill be upset if we lose to a fake clan. also dont like the times, rather play whenever i want then at a certain time. will have to see how it pans out.

OUHATEME

Looks like Friday goes to the federation (fake) clans.

Mac I swear I was kidding when I said that about the fake clans earlier. Lol

maccabi

OUHATEME wrote:

Looks like Friday goes to the federation (fake) clans.

Mac I swear I was kidding when I said that about the fake clans earlier. Lol

bloody fake clans employing hackers to get an early win i bet you when the war comes up they hold all the nodes now

maccabi

Well now the diamond division is live..

seen the required wins for our 10 man clan bracket.  and yet looks like once again i was spot on with my assumption ..

some nodes have stupidlu high cp rewards..

others have stupidly high win requirements,,

it isn't a war its a 4 hr race to cap the two highest scoring nodes..

Beachhead once again manage to surpass themselves and further screw up the scoring system

/pass