26 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2014 7:55 AM by Treshold85 RSS

VAC Ban while playing COD Ghosts

Hello everyone,

my name is Phil and I recently downloaded Call of Duty Ghosts due to the Free Weekend Deal from Steam. Just to get things straight, I have never owned any Call of Duty games before, but I was looking forward buying one. After downloading the game, which roughly took a whole day due to my terrible internet (I live in Germany by the way), I was able to run Ghosts, but only for about 20 minutes (I was able playing 2 matches) and suddenly I was VAC banned. Just like that. For no reason. I know that you get half a dozen of those 'I didn't hack, I am innocent' posts, but this one is legit. I have never hacked before, I didn't even know what a VAC ban was until I looked it up 5 minutes ago, I made an account just to create this post(eventually to actually use it when I bought COD Ghosts in the nearest future), and I have only been able to play 2 matches which weren't even satisfactory for me. I mean seriously? A VAC ban? For getting KD's like 4 kills/ 11 deaths? How does any of this refelect me hacking? Is this just a VAC bug? I am devastated. I just wanted to try the free 'Demo' and rankup a bit (I was rank 3) and then buy the actual game. I don't know what to say. I would greatly appreciate a quick response and maybe you can reverse it? I really don't know how this system works. One thought just slided past me: I might have been VAC banned due to my terrible internet. I was experiencing severe internet lag at some parts of the game so this could have inflicted this ban.

Greetings, Phil.

• Re: VAC Ban while playing COD Ghosts
          PC_FPS

We dont trust you when you say "I didnt hack/cheat"-

But, just out of curiosity, list all programs you have running any given time you play a FPS game.

I know that you don't trust me, I mean I wouldn't even trust anyone posting that I mean anyone could say that, but please do carefully read my post again and as mentioned the internet in germany is really bad not just the place where I live, but also the router is terrible.

Normally I use Skype or Teamspeak (Normally Skype) and Steam. That's pretty much it, I never use anything else I mean why would I, I only run FPS games (which I haven't played too many, only games like Loadout)  on Fullscreen so other things would mainly just be a distraction,

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.

Guys, I don't want to sound like a prick, but this situation is really bugging me and is really ridiculous.

I have never hacked, I was playing on a test version, what adventage would cheating have for me?! I have no Idea how hacking works, I know lots of people who have played games with me who can tell you that I am a terrible gamer who has no idea on how to do anything related to modding or hacking or whatever.

It was probably the Internet in germany that made me look like I was lagging, but at the same time hacking?! I don't even know! I am sorry that I am raging right now, but seriously I want a proper response saying I got banned out of this reason for this violation or a lift of this VAC Ban, because I haven't done anything like cheating nor was I ever planning on it. This was my first Vac Ban and I don't even know why. I am rank 3, my kd is somewhat 5 kills to 15 deaths. How does any of this look like I was hacking?! I only was talking to my friend on skype who doesn't play cod, and suddenly I was VAC banned. Please properly respond to this comment or to the first one and tell me if i have done anything wrong with either in the game or in this comment or just some proper respone which either tells me that the VAC will be lifted because I have done nothing absolutely nothing wrong in this game, or I don't even know. I did hear that VAC has worked solidly for years and I have played countless games before with it (on friend's computers, on mine and never ever have a I recieved one for playing bad, lagging, i don't even know) but I have done nothing wrong while playing a FPS. NEVER. So please respond as soon as possible, because this topic is just really bugging me and I just want to play the game and eventually buy it and help the developers out.

You should be talking to Steam, not complaining here.  If your complaint is legitimate they should sort it out for you.  You also have to realise that if the VAC ban is upheld you may as well say goodbye to your account and create a new one because nobody will trust or believe you from that point forward.  Once you have a VAC ban on your record your as good as tainted, regardless of how long ago it was you got the ban...decent players hate cheats, have no sympathy for them and wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Thanks for the information, but how do I complain/talk to steam? Steam Support section?

When you are in Steam you will see four options on the menu bar at the top, Store, Community, About and Support.  Click on Support and you will be taken to a page asking if it is a game related or Steam related issue.  Above this to the right it has the option to either log in or create an account.

You will need to create an account for Steam support (this is not the same as your gaming Steam account).  Once done log in and follow the path you require to report your issue.

If it's just a glitch or a mistake they will reverse the ban for you.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Is this you ?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198106197477

If it is , I don't see a VAC-ban attached to this profile ?

wurzeldo

Hi Phil,

same here. German too. Suddenly I am not longer able to play online, due to VAC.

In my case there seems to be no glitch, my account is banned since two days now.

Support glorifies Customer Care in sending automatic replies.

Standard Content as usual: "Stop whining. You cheated. We know it!. VAC never fails. We'll trash any further communication from you".

So it seems, I have to enqueue myself in the endless group of cheaters.

I've sent until today three messages, but I am not that optimistic to get Non-Automated Answers.

But I have a guess, what caused their VAC-System to point at me as a cheater: External SDD-Harddisk plugged into an ExpressCard-Slot based USB3-Controller failed several times in the last days. I got some Bluescreens. Two of them, while ingame. Maybe that caused the effect (Suddenly missing security routines, stuff like that).

Let's wait and see.

If I cannot make it out of any automatism-replay communications, there is just one step left: Hiring a lawyer.

The juridical aspects are nothing to sneeze at.

On one hand, they kill-switched a bought product from remote, with no proven reason. Resulting from that, there is on the other hand the aspect of defamation. On websites like "vacbanned.com" now everyone can see "This guy cheated".

Most of the online gamers are maybe kids or young people.

So they are not that established to know about their rights.

And 20-40 Euros if you buy the same game again is nothing compared to the costs of a good lawyer.

But I am pissed enough to make an example, even if I just _try_.

Feeling pretty scandalized about that.

So, at the moment it seems, you were the lucky guy.

I still have hope for justice left .o)

Kind regards

adambrin

Same for me today I am no more able to play multiplayer game. never cheat in my life and playing COD since first version.

We are all suffering of lags since monthes now without any solution. It is enough now, I will never play COD again.

ReneAlexanderrias

It cannot be a glitch as it has been like this for 2 months for me.

xlHELLBOUNDlx

You just answered your own question.  Playing with a "horrible"  connection will get you banned.  Especially if it works in your favour.  Like people shoot you but don't get hit markers cause your net is lagging.

UnitedKingdom12345

We play against many players with crap connections that give them advantages of over 1 second and they have not been banned ?? so its not that . and if it was you would have no Russians , polish or French playing as their connections are crap and you can not blame distances all the time as we have had good games   against south American players or from the USA and even Israel we have have had good connections and hence good games

UnitedKingdom12345

If you go on steam support and ask them for help in finding out why they have banned  or you can check if its a steam ban by going on to your steam profile if it steam that has banned you it will show there and should tell you haw long the ban is for but if its activison your ban will be permanent and they don't give reasons and the problem is activision is banning innocent players and leaving hackers alone if you want evidence for this just go on ghost barracks and go on score and filter the game for alltime  players and then just hit scroll to top and you will find the top 17 players some of them have played for only 1hr or less and havescored over 230 million or players with an average score of 60 million per game to and have not been banned . We have a clan member who I have played with for over 4 years and with an pretty average score who had problems with his steam connection weeks go and when they tried to play ghost after 2 days off found they had been vac banned by activision and was given no reason  and even steam have said the vacs has not picked up and hacks on his game so why a ban ??

Mr_Pistolero

UnitedKingdom12345 wrote:

We have a clan member who I have played with for over 4 years and with an pretty average score who had problems with his steam connection weeks go and when they tried to play ghost after 2 days off found they had been vac banned by activision and was given no reason  and even steam have said the vacs has not picked up and hacks on his game so why a ban ??

Scores don't mean anything. If i have a crappy pc that doesn't run the game well and i also use a cheat. because my pc is slow i won't do that well even with a cheat because of all the performance problems my pc has. if there are 2 cheaters using the same cheat the cheater with the better pc will be the winner.

Plus many players (when trying to play with a cheat on a team) lay low and don't use the cheat to the point where it's blatantly obvious.

I guarantee your friend is a cheater. and also a liar. because I'm sure he's still going on about how (he never cheated!)

Do you have any recorded play of this member? if you see him constantly "snapping" on his targets all round (out of sheer luck / by sound alone) it's safe to say he was using an aim-cheat and was caught and banned.

If you have any video of this supposed (unfairly banned) teammate of yours I'll be happy to point out what cheat he uses. I'ts most likely there in his play. just pay attention to (how) he keeps finding the enemy. does he always turn & stop right next to the target for many unseen targets who are not on radar (because he heard a sound?). And for every target found in the open is there always a perfect snap that pauses right on the target then the aim/targeting continues? these are sure signs of a cheat. We are humans and we can easily continue a movement even if it is back in the other direction, we don't always need to pause on target we can make decisions on the fly and quickly loop back the other direction without a break in motion. If your "so called" great player with awesome aim always pauses and breaks motion to stop right on the target "we have a cheat".

Anyway if you post up a video I'm sure I'll be able to point out the aim-cheat catching the targets on the reticle & centering off and many other tell tail signs of the cheat.

I highly doubt your teammate was wrongfully banned.

As far as the stats problem there can be many reason for that. maybe they do delete the hacked stats and the hackers just put them right back.

UnitedKingdom12345

A player who has been banned is removed from the stats list so if you have a player who has scored over 250 million in playing for just 1 hour still on the list  it kind of negates your statement of a glitch especially  as I have played against    said player and reported them at the time  . Also the incorrect banning of players on both playstations and xbox and xboxone has been admitted by activision and have had their banns reviewed so why not for the pc ? I know what you mean about aim assist and wall hackers but as I said the clan member contacted steam and they informed him the vacs had detected nothing during his playing of ghost and on his profile it is clean so it does not go to say that if they are banned they must be hacking

Mr_Pistolero

A player who has been banned is removed from the stats list so if you have a player who has scored over 250 million in playing for just 1 hour still on the list  it kind of negates your statement of a glitch especially  as I have played against    said player and reported them at the time  .

Well I'm not 100% on that.

All I'm saying is If I were a cheater or if I'm someone who is really hell bent on having my name on the top of the stats list I can create 20 steam accounts right now, buy 20 cd keys and have them all waiting for me to use with the same name "Bullshit Hunter" on each account as soon as i create it. And I can also hack my stats and put any numbers I want! because let's say "I'm a good hacker like that!" So activision can delete my #1 stat listing tonight. and tomorrow I can have it right back up with my new (unbanned account) using the same name. That's all I'm saying is that it's very possible activision "gave up" trying to ban and remove that players stats. (who knows) lol.

Also the incorrect banning of players on both playstations and xbox and xboxone has been admitted by activision and have had their banns reviewed so why not for the pc ?

Well that's who your friend should contact. (activision) if they reverse his ban then it was an error. If they refuse to it's because he's a cheater.

Trust me if I were "really" wrongfully banned I wouldn't stop contacting support until I got my account reinstated. So would you, Don't you think? I wouldn't stop until I was speaking to a manager or whatever and having my issue resolved!.

If he isn't a cheat I don't believe that there is no way out of his situation. Someone somewhere at activision has to know it was a wrongful ban and reverse it.

I know what you mean about aim assist and wall hackers but as I said the clan member contacted steam and they informed him the vacs had detected nothing during his playing of ghost and on his profile it is clean so it does not go to say that if they are banned they must be hacking

Well 1st off there are many cheats that simply (get around vac and punkbuster anti-cheat) We have known this for years. some cheats have gone undetected for over a decade. (the devs know this happened/is happening), This is why activision created their own anti-cheat where they actually review your play and will ban players who they can see are using cheats.

If you want to know the truth ask your friend to ask activision support why he has been banned. If activision says "he was banned for cheating" then that's what it was. They would reverse it if he was one of the wrongfully banned players.

Also as I said, If possible you can review video footage to determine if a cheat is in play, or since he's a teammate you can spectate him, and if there is often a dead on "snap" when aiming to targets out in the open no matter how large or small the turn radius is to the target it's always a "snap" or a double "snap" that stops dead on target. and also every sound he hears he makes the perfect last second decision of turning and stopping right next to the target, accompanied by a second snap that puts him dead on target, then you should know that he was using an aim-cheat and got banned for it.

I think you clan guys (admins/owners mainly) need to tighten up your ships. It's time to stop believing all these players with the great snappy aim are real. It's time to not let these suspicious percision "snappy aim" players on your teams. (aim-assist)<--Snaps to targets. not a human with a mouse "sliding" on a desktop everytime. I don't care what kind of pro you are. You should make many kills without a break in motion, you should just slide over to the target & rub it out without a break in motion. What's this perfect "stiff arm" snap bs every time? We are humans sliding a mouse on a desktop aren't we?, we can do circles, U turns, figure 8's around the target, and that's what you should be seeing when spectating a real pro.

The pro aiming guy shouldn't only be directly snapping onto every target with 1 or 2 distinct pivots like an aim-assist. Any player mainly doing that shouldn't be allowed on your team do to suspicion! <--- if your seriously trying to keep it clean and your an admin who knows many players can be using aim-cheats that bypass the system you should be making proper judgement calls on who can play on your team. Consistent snappy aim players? NOPE!

Team admins should group together and put a stop to allowing anyone with consistant snappy aim on the team. Especially when these are your top players. No clans should allow them. Then watch how fast these hack sites shut down. LOL.

UnitedKingdom12345

But activision are not using another check system there are using the vacs and as I said steam have said the vacs has detected nothing and his profile remains clean and as I said activision are not reviewing pc banns even though they have for other systems and said player has been waiting for a reply from activision for at least an explanation .the other thing is that steam has allowed / advised  the player to set up a new profile from the same ip addres and reinstall his game brought from steam  using the same key code  on to that although he will have to start from scratch because they know he his no hacker and that activision wont review pc vac banns . I have a nephew who on his first game on the ps4 version was connected to a hacked server that prestiged him and was promptly banned but that was reviewed by steam and activision and was ban was removed .So my point is again that just because some one is banned it does not make it written in stone that they hacked as you seam to think . You could be right about the player hacking but activisions  refusal to at least review a ban that even steam have said is wrong just because its on a pc and not another platform you would have to admit is strange . And your point about clans is a valid one they should be more vigilant about their clan members and as we are a small clan we do sometimes use shadow play/ recording to post games to each other just for the laughs they contain or good game play / kill streaks so in one way we do and if we are in a clan war ie 4 v 4 the surplus players watch the game sometimes to which makes said players guilty not guilty ban stand out even more .

Banhack

hi guys,

I have the same problem... http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/29/38596748529673153/

I never use cheats, and I never was banned in steam or vacbanned profile..

******* opers infinitywars.. don´t solve anything..

THE_HUNTER_GHOST

me too. i was ban because my idiot i use cheat and suddenly i was ban

how do i do?

it's my first time and i'm so sorry for this thing happend

and i promise all of you

this thing is not happend agian if i can play multi again sorry

from thailand

Treshold85

Hi!

I also have a problem, my account was permenantly banned, but i dont know why? i was playing like as another time. I dont hacking or something else.

My id: Ragadozo

Please help me!

Waiting for your reply!

Regards!