29 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2014 6:37 PM by lethal28 RSS

Since the update

Ever since the update im getting into lobbys and the connections are awful is anyone else having the same problem.

• Re: Since the update

I have had a few bad lobbies; but then again I got those before the patch as well. So I really cant say it was the patch's fault.

TheProphetMark

Sorry for those who are experiencing problems. I'm not sure why patches are giving some people problems that they never had before, it's never happened to me or maybe I just don't notice. I have my good games, and bad games...we all do but I wonder if people are just blaming their bad games on lag.

For the most part yes, for they believe the game should be near perfect in how it works no matter who is host, or what sort of connections the other players have. That if their connection is good then the game should be good for them no matter what.

iH8boosters

Why is it such a bad thing for people to think that if they have good internet, that the connection in game should be good for them?? People pay good money for good, high speed internet.. Why should that same connection that is great for everything else, have to suck while playing online?? If I am misunderstanding what you meant, then I apologize.. But if one pays for a good, strong internet connection, it should not suffer because of other players who have a less than stellar connection..

Your connection on and individual basis means nothing. So does not matter if you pay for more or not. You are not entitled to a better game experience  because you did.

The game does not ever use the full connection, it uses a set limit. Unlike other things that will use the full limit(such as watching video, listening to music, downloading large files and applications). so having 80 down means nothing if the game only ever uses 1-2 down. Having 80 up means nothing if the game only ever uses 2-4 up. So buying more does not ever equate to better gaming on consoles.

Your experience in the game IS directly related to the connection that everyone in that lobby has to the host and the hosts connection itself. Not on and individual basis where who ever has the best gets the best it has never been this way on consoles and never will be. So to go and buy a better connection and then expect a better console game experience is flawed logic.

iH8boosters

I have never understood all of that, since I have only played Black Ops 2 and just recently got Black Ops 1 just to see what it was like.. Never been a big video game person.. But thank you.. I'm learning on-the-go, I guess.. But question, why does the game select such a crappy host so much?? Is the host just selected at random, or is it selected based off of "best" connection?? There wasn't a problem, for the most part, for a long time on BO2, but it has very recently become a big problem again.. Thank you for taking the time to explain.. It's much appreciated

That is the major problem and I have no answer for that other than bad host selection algorithm in the game. it is based on several criteria that I don't know them all such as ping, distance to players, and a few others I think. sometimes the best host at one point is not the best host overall depending upon who joins and leaves a match as it progress's.

Match starts, best host is chosen.. game is going smooth.. several players leave for one reason or another.. more join in that are not in optimal range of that host, so they get worse experience and because they are not optimal matched, the rest of the players get worse experience dealing with them too.

These people are just not as good at ghosts as they were at previous COD games so they are looking for scapegoats. Lag and spawn complaints are BS. I get like 1 laggy game out of 50. I get spawn killed maybe twice in 10 games. neither is a big deal. You have people on here trying to say they get spawn killed 10 times a game. Like they don't realize how obvious it is that they are lying. SMH

EJKHunter

I've typically had no issues following a patch, but I have a couple friends that do, one of which I know doesn't complain about... anything.. and I'll hear him gripe a little here and there, but nothing major. Also have to keep in mind, most people are complaining due to the amount of hits (especially in HC) enemies take sometimes, and I always remind them there's another form of lag beyond basic connection/compensation lag. Host Synchronization lag can be a pain in the ass since it doesn't manifest like typical connection jitters... a sync lag, and this is especially for HC players, will have you blasting someone's back from close to medium range and getting nothing but hitmarkers (no vest marks) and then they cap you in one shot on a turn around. What's actually happening is your sync to the host is off by up to a second, but the client continues allowing you to play until it either disconnects (rarely) or catches you up with what the server is seeing. So all those blasts you got were only on your console, what actually happened was you wound up coming up behind said guy, sync lagged and stopped for about a half second, he turned casually and shot you standing perfectly still... which probably puzzled him a bit lol then he moved on. The server doesn't count anything you did from the moment you synced out slightly, it accounts for the last action you took while synced to the host and caught you up. That happens a lot on pc online games and MMO's where it continues to allow you to see things and preform actions, then suddenly catches your sync up and something completely unexpected happens.

This happens to certain people a lot on my friend's list. The one game I was able to spectate my above mentioned friend and according to him, from his perspective, he ran up and knifed a dude in the back, then suddenly died and the guy was walking over his body. From the spectator cam, which is what the server sees, I watched him run up, stop for a moment, the guy turned, shot him, then moved on. He never knifed at all. I've had this happen to myself, but I know what it is when it does. I just glare over at my modem and move on lol with full connection lag, you see the laggy effects because your sync is actually still up to par with the server, but the connection (it may not be yours but someone else) is dramatically dropped.

Now this is not an excuse by any means, because I know more people that just blame their poor hand-eye skills and timing on something that really had nothing to do with their true frustrations, so... I mean, when I see a buddy of mine constantly complaining about lag or it was BS this or that happened, 9 times out of 10 it's because he isn't nearly as good as he might hope or believe... sometimes just looking at their K/D can give you a pretty good perspective as what you should expect.. by no means fully trust that the guy with the 1.0 is going to be a fairly average, if that, player (I've had plenty of 1.x's roll my ass).. but when that same guy is constantly complaining about this or that or whining and blaming things like lag... yeah, sometimes it is hard to tell a friend they just aren't good >.< I usually try to compensate for one or two of my buddies that die more often than kill, and despite their complaining and blaming we'll pull off a W for the chart... but yeah, there are times when the complaint is legitimate due to their sync dipping briefly... it's just difficult to tell if that's the cause or not since it only affects you and not the people around you... unless of course you're the host, in which case you're the reason everyone in the match is jittering or rubberbanding all around since the server is trying to sync you up, and we're all connected to you.. LOL I've won games for my team during massive rubberbanding before... wholllllleeee different playstyle required to pull that off with more than pure luck haha

Adeeez100

Runandgunerring wrote:

These people are just not as good at ghosts as they were at previous COD games so they are looking for scapegoats. Lag and spawn complaints are BS. I get like 1 laggy game out of 50. I get spawn killed maybe twice in 10 games. neither is a big deal. You have people on here trying to say they get spawn killed 10 times a game. Like they don't realize how obvious it is that they are lying. SMH

Ha ha, these sort of posts never fail to amuse the hell out of me, cheers squire i don't need to watch a comedy now to keep my equilibrium balanced, Just too funny, thx, keep up the amusing posts.

joshMN82

That's not true at all. I played one map and kept spawning in the same place and had two different people sniping me about 2 seconds after I spawned. Since the update its much better.

lethal28

im sorry but i have been having the same issue after every extiction update except point of contact before the update i could find a lobby/match in under a min now god i can go see a movie and come back and there still wont be a match found

Nope not having that problem. In fact I really haven't ever had any lag problems at all with ghosts

toby_jugs

you can't call BS just because you've had a much better experience yourself. truely i'm glad for you though.

Adeeez100

Runandgunerring wrote:

Nope not having that problem. In fact I really haven't ever had any lag problems at all with ghosts

Good for you, it might serve you well to keep an open mind though as to other peoples issues, "Your word is not truth, and you most definitely ain't god", smmmmhhhhh, as you would say, you are too funny, no really, i think you are extremely amusing.

I can't stand people who think their opinions are gospel, despise them really, opinions are like arse holes chap, everybody has one.

"Your word is not truth, and you most definitely ain't god"

I have never said that before.

And it is ironic how you tell me my opinion is crap while talking like you are king of opinions LOL

Adeeez100

Runandgunerring wrote:

And it is ironic how you tell me my opinion is crap while talking like you are king of opinions LOL

Ok i admit i was a tad harsh with my retort, but in a couple of threads i had to endure your view of, if the game is running well for you, then the game must be ok for everybody type thing. That always gets my back up as it is now common knowledge that this franchise is kind of clueless when connection comes into play.

I do apologise for my aggressive approach to the conversation though, it only leads to bad things, my bad.

Adeeez100

Runandgunerring wrote:

Ok i admit i was a tad harsh with my retort, but in a couple of threads i had to endure your view of, if the game is running well for you, then the game must be ok for everybody type thing. That always gets my back up as it is now common knowledge that this franchise is kind of clueless when connection comes into play.

I do apologise for my aggressive approach to the conversation though, it only leads to bad things, my bad, i was having a terrible day, half hour on ghosts didn't help.

BU773TPROOF

Last patch I got worse lobbies now its O.K. again,  randomness.

Prior to this last patch I had what I would term expected lag. Not great connections but overall very playable, with an occaisonnal pretty bad one.

Since this most recent patch I am having a lot difficulty getting decent connections. Lag or whatever it is has been pretty much exactly like what EJKHunter describes. Shooting guys in the back from 10 feet away, having them turn around and 1 shot kill me. I realize the issue is I am not seeing what the serever is, but its not much fun playing withthat kind of connection. Hope the next patch fixes it back because I am playing much less atm, it simply is not enjoyable.

I have been a HC player forever, maybe I should try Core...

Robwolves

I was the same as you Slopat. I had the occasional laggy, people rubber banding, me jittering around type games prior to the latest patch, but in general most of the games were fine.

Since the patch last week, I'd say 3 or 4 games out of 10 are iffy connections. Especially over the weekend, although I remember the last time I played a double XP weekend I saw on increase on the amount of iffy games. I would've thought with more people online, the likelihood of me getting match made with local people would be better, but nope....I still seemed to get into lobbies with people from all over.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes those games still played nice and smooth, but other times, I'd be shooting at the back of a guys head at reasonably close range on HC and getting 3 or 4 hit markers, him not dying and having to run up and knife him instead. Very odd.

I'll keep plodding on as I always do and enjoy the lag free games where I can.

Couple of other things happenning to me since the patch, on top of my difficulty in finding good conns.

SIgnificant increase in players dropping out due to "connection error" -including me losing connection.

A new one for me: no good host to be found after a host drops out.

When searching for lobbies, a search will show me good lobbies numbering in the high teens, and if for whatever reason I choose to exit the pre-game lobby I connected to a new search less than 30 seconds later will show me 2 or 3 good lobbies that are joinable.

Robwolves

Same here. On Sunday I lost connection to 4 games. Okay not massively high, but prior to the update I hadn't had it happen in ages since before the previous patch. Also host migrations had become better rather than suffer disconnects. It seems to have all gone backwards again now though.

At first I thought someone may have dashboarded but I checked and all other players still appeared to be in the game. My connection was fine as I was still chatting on XBL at the time.

So it looks like they fixed something on the previous patch, then re-broke it on the latest patch.

failtrain13

I've had this same problem along with "unable to connect to host". Never really experienced it until the patch.  It seems now I find a lot of laggy lobbies with people rubber banding and just popping up out of no where. It usually takes me about 5 or 6 different lobbies before I find a decent one.

joshMN82 wrote:

" That's not true at all. I played one map and kept spawning in the same place and had two different people sniping me about 2 seconds after I spawned. Since the update its much better."

I joined a game in progress last nite on Stonehaven (HC TDM).

As I usually do I spectated to at least see the score and time remaining before selecting a loadout. The game was almost over with my team dominating, I chose to keep on spectating. When I do that, I try to spectate the player on my team who has the best in game stats to see if I can lean something. So this guy was set up in the villge, leaning out from behind a building and he kept on spawn killing opponents spawning in the broken walled building with no roof in the corner of the map. He must have killed 5-6 of them in less than a minute -maybehalf a minute. They were just appearing and dying. Ugh, not much fun for them! That guy sure did have a good KDR though! Cheaply gottten, but impressive stats.

So no, spawns aren't quite fixed yet.

riksterinto

I don't know if this actually does anything but I know some people who swear by it and say it works.  Every time a new patch is released for the game they go into the Xbox Live Network setting and run the Test Xbox Live connection.  The claim is that it resets some of the network configuration which will help fix some lag issues.  Give it a shot.  It might work for you too.