40 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2014 12:57 PM by Slopat RSS

The Realism of Ghosts

HEREIAMNOW

The realism in this game is subpar at best.  I mean, I was looking at the clouds the other day and they dont move.  It rains on my face, snows, I see smoke going up, leaves rustling in the wind, waves crashing on the shoreline, and motars falling from the sky.  BUT THE CLOUDS DONT EVEN MOVE!!!

If I am paying 60 dollars for this game.  I want my clouds moving.  Other than that, everything else is pretty much okay.

• Re: The Realism of Ghosts
          ghamorra

Goddamn Activision for not spending millions on life like clouds.

Izjar11

clouds animated gif on Giphy

free clouds

Sch4effer

Moving clouds would be so OP in this game. The weather in ghosts needs nerfing already, why is there no long john perk for us to use on whiteout? Or a rain coat uniform for stormfront? Just wait until health & safety find out you are not providing the option for wellies on flooded too.

It is not meant to be fully realistic like that and clouds moving has little to do with what is normally seen which is the other things you mention since most will be looking down not up in the sky. plus the current gen could not handle all of that and everything else in the game at the same time.

Gerbera

Ironic thing is is that if CoD was based on realism, people would most likely be complaining a lot more than they are now.

Things like different bullet calibers and how they can work, bullet drop and what affects it (gravity, humidity, distance, etc.), shotguns killing at much greater range than what CoD tends to display as well as various explosives (shrapnel and such), dying in 1 good shot or at least being disabled due to losing limbs and/or pain and such (and can die from blood loss and such, so obviously, no regenerating health), MUCH more camping and longer range combat, UAVs and other aerial streaks being obstructed due to cloud cover or something, and so on and so forth.

TheDarkOne123

Don't forget having to buy another copy of the game because you die. lol I think people would hate the game even more.

Gerbera

Also can't forget things like guns jamming, and overheating and changing barrels (on those that can do so, usually various LMGs), possibly a lot more clutter (thus you could also slip/trip and drop your gun and such, lol), needing to call in specific coordinates for air support rather than just pressing a button, no "Perks" and how fast/slow stuff happens (like reloading) is entirely random, character fatigue due to too much sprinting and having to take a break to drink water and then rest, lol (which can also affect things like fast your actions are, how focused you can be, and so on), a lot more possible bullet ricochets, etc.

Firesens

The clouds move in Minecraft but not in this game lol.

KurtK24

Never noticed.  Guess i was too busy worrying about killing people. 

Lets add more lag to the game with moving clouds.

nicedrewishfela

Proof that people will complain about anything.

Let's make it really realistic... Next time you die in game... you can't come back. We'll take your game and bury it in it's case in the back yard next to the dead hamsters and cats.

KC135R

you didnt notice the teleporting dog animation, throwable C4, 2-3 hit .50 cal sniper rifle, any type of ground sliding ability (rocks, water, bricks, concrete), ability to stab a person while they are unloading into you, flames not burning you, the fact that you can't climb on something that's 3 feet high on one map but can pull yourself up something thats 6 feet on another...BUT you noticed the lack of cloud movement?? ADD much?

TG-ThoMz

Moving clouds..? Hah. You can have a $70 craigslist xbox that plays the game perfectly smooth, but try to play this crap heap on a $3k pc and it's stutter city. IW shouldn't even think about adding anymore dynamic graphics.. it's obviously outside their ability.

admunday

Isn't Stonehaven supposed to be in Scotland?  In which case the major failure on that map is the fact there are individual clouds, as opposed to just a blanket of grey ones.....

PUR4IDO

Graphics in this game are pretty bad. I'm guessing this game was optimized for the last gen. We shall see how the next 2 games look compare to Ghosts.

rankismet

HEREIAMNOW wrote:

The realism in this game is subpar at best.  I mean, I was looking at the clouds the other day and they dont move.  It rains on my face, snows, I see smoke going up, leaves rustling in the wind, waves crashing on the shoreline, and motars falling from the sky.  BUT THE CLOUDS DONT EVEN MOVE!!!

If I am paying 60 dollars for this game.  I want my clouds moving.  Other than that, everything else is pretty much okay.

1. I hope you are trolling your bahookey off.
                                      2. If you aren't doing point 1... I guess you haven't noticed the killstreak where you transform into '70's movie slasher.

Now... go equip your space kitten camo and have fun.

Slopat

Sheep, lol! Reminds me of one of my two favourite books of 2013 -the other is Ready Player One, I highly recommend it, especially to gamers who are also readers.

NIck Harkaway, "The Gone Away World".

"A war zone is a bad place to be a sheep. Its not a good place to be anything, but sheep generally are a bit stupid and devoid of tactical acumen and individual reasoning, and they approach problem solving in a trail-and-error kind of way. Sheep wander, and wandering is not a survival trait where there are landmines. After the first member of a flock is blown up, the rest of the sheep automatically scatter in order to confuse the predator, and this, naturally takes more than one of them onto yet another mine and there's another woolly BOOM-splatterpittersleee-eutch, which is the noise of an average-sized sheep being propelled into the air by an anti-personnel mine and partially dispersed, the largest single piece falling to Earth as a semi-liquidised blob. This sound or its concomitant reality upsets the remaining sheep even more, and not quite until a few of them have been showered over the neighbourhood do they get the notion that the only safe course is the reverse course. By this time, alas, they have forgotten where that is, and the whole thing begins again. BOOM."

This goes on for another page or so, describing sheep trying to establish a perimeter defence.

shady0brady

Start a new thread with a poll and I will vote yes on Cloud Proposition 1!

Patch those clouds! Make them move! *waives picket sign*