1 2 3 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2014 2:38 PM by gotsomestars RSS

Beachhead have truly surpassed themselves this time.

maccabi

Back when I sat and watched the Clan wars presentation at the mp reveal I was so hyped for Clan Wars, it sounded like everything we had been asking for and what was lacking in the woeful Clan operations in Elite. A chance to really compete against other clans and to add a much need new layer to CoD that introduced a type of competitive play the wider community could enjoy.

They worked on this thing for months, and I like many assumed that with nearly two years of feedback from clan operations and a good understanding of how the community acts, we'd have a really amazing meta game experience... We even were willing to over look how utterly annoying and useless the clan app is and how its inception excluded a large swathe of the community because we were excited for clan wars.

...Then clan wars launched and it all went to pot.

The scoring system was flawed from the outset, cheating was rife, basic common sense issues that anyone with an iota of common sense could see happening, weren't even addressed and people complained. Yes to their credit Beachhead and co addressed some of the issues, mostly by making the scoring system progressively worse each week. They did finally gave in and came up with a system that worked, (so they obviously then removed it the following week for an even more flawed and ridiculous system). They added a roster lock.. that only actually works on small clans as it still allows larger clan brackets to add people, and made no effort to address issues people had complained about since the start.

Obviously as we have so many long standing issues with clan wars , someone decided the best way forward would be to add the Diamond Division. A place where the clans who had worked out how to use the scoring systems flaws could compete against other clans in a war that was hyped as the best of the best... yeah nope.. what we got was easily the worst scoring system to date, its like you took every bad thing from the previous wars and conbined them into one almighty fail

They also added a completely new aspect with the complete removal of any sort of actual competition and just made it a timed race to capture a few nodes. but obviously that wasn't enough so added a fake clan so taking any node now takes twice as long and any clan stupid enough to go for a node (assuming your war actually had active clans ) then found as soon as they took out the fake clans wins another clan had noticed and had already racked up wins on the now open node as they waited until the right moment to start playing so their wins would score just as the node opened..

We got time slots that excluded a large chunk of Europe (because you know its not like you didn't have three weeks of people complaining to address this past just putting the time slot forward one hour and still giving american players the option of two)

Diamond is an utter failure of a launch (again) , I really don't understand why it was introduced and why given the majority of players still are in the normal wars, the issues preset there weren't fixed first. Ok maybe you saw Diamond as a way to test features for the normal wars if that's the case say so. But the worst thing you could've done is add new stuff when the original stuff is still broken.

when the war launched yesterday my clan saw the nodes and the cp values (and the scoring system /rules) and just went nope /pass. By the end of last night when the idiotic time slot closed only one clan and even bothered playing ONE clan .. out of 7 .We're gonna play tonight basically just to cap one node to get points as this " best of the best challenge" awards 1st to 3rd places a "win" free camo

I think I share this sentiment with a lot of the community seriously Beachhead its time you lot got your freaking act together.

p.s the TWO core Dom nodes.. and awarding a clan the entire cp value AGAIN when the war period stops genius !

• 1. Re: Beachhead have truly surpassed themselves this time.
          phxs72

I understand why the fake clan would be annoying in the Diamond division.  Limited time and all but I think that it would be a positive in the other divisions.  All too often those divisions are won because a clan is able to field their squad right at the start time and take nodes completely uncontested.  So for the grace of just taking the day off or being lucky enough to be home when the war starts, they get the reward of capturing twice the nodes with half the effort.  Which leaves every other clan that follows stuck working double time for an ever depreciating reward.  Putting the fake clan in the lower divisions would at least slow down those that are getting such an easy early lead.

• 2. Re: Beachhead have truly surpassed themselves this time.
            gotsomestars

We pretty much gave up as well. Tbh I might personally stop trying to win CW. When I first saw it I was pretty excited. However, the way it's done is silly. There is zero skill involved. There hasn't been a war yet that we haven't been boosted out of a win. Tbh it was silly of me to even think it would be done correctly.

• 3. Re: Beachhead have truly surpassed themselves this time.
              maccabi

phxs72 wrote:

.  Putting the fake clan in the lower divisions would at least slow down those that are getting such an easy early lead.

The fake clan is the single most stupid thing they have ever added.Period.

The simple fact a clan can spend time whittling down the nodes wins of the fake clan, only to find that another clan then can steal a lead on the open node by timing it right  is reason enough to dump this idiotic addition.

• 4. Re: Beachhead have truly surpassed themselves this time.
                maccabi

gotsomestars wrote:

We pretty much gave up as well. Tbh I might personally stop trying to win CW. When I first saw it I was pretty excited. However, the way it's done is silly. There is zero skill involved. There hasn't been a war yet that we haven't been boosted out of a win. Tbh it was silly of me to even think it would be done correctly.

Even after the utter  failure of clan ops and the app I was willing to give Beachhead the benefit of the doubt with clan wars, new people in the studio , new game ect and I'd have expected that given all that readily available feedback they would produce something that at least worked.

• 5. Re: Beachhead have truly surpassed themselves this time.
                  gotsomestars

I'm shocked that they couldn't see this coming. Tbh if they spent half as much time just getting the cheaters out as they have trying to fix the flawed scoring system. I know that I may not have all the answers, but you've got to question Where do they find these people? Secondly, how do they not THINK things over before they implemented them?

• 6. Re: Beachhead have truly surpassed themselves this time.
                    Izjar11

Curious you create a post recognizing their failure (which I have known since MW3 days) and I do the same it its deleted from the forums! Your absolutly right Mac, BH has simply faultered far too many times since Elite clan ops, to the new Clan wars and the app and website.

If I were to rate them (1-10 system) -10 being the highest. I would give this organization a 4.

• 7. Re: Beachhead have truly surpassed themselves this time.

So was having two core DOM nodes something they did on purpose? I thought it was a glitch and one was supposed to be HC.

• 8. Re: Beachhead have truly surpassed themselves this time.
                        maccabi

Zeph_ wrote:

So was having two core DOM nodes something they did on purpose? I thought it was a glitch and one was supposed to be HC.

i would say an error, and one they were fully aware of too and decided not to bother fixing like last time when they added hunted after it got changed to a ffa mode

in other news in our "best of the best" diamond division war my clan played for just over 1.5 hours today (there was four of us playing) we capped one node  and finished second in the war #GG

• 9. Re: Beachhead have truly surpassed themselves this time.
                          phxs72

My opinion is biased on the fact that we aren't able to be online when the war starts (jobs and all) and every time when we get online a few hours after the start one clan has already taken 4 to 5 nodes since they had zero competition.  So basically we have to in effect fight the fake clan regardless.  At least if there was an actual fake clan, the guys that do get to start at the appointed hour wouldn't be getting handed the war on a platter.  Your argument as to the clan that waits for you to do the work and then swoops the node while it's open is what we already deal with in every war.  The clan that goes up early always uses that strategy and if they happen to have more people online than you do they not only get the early lead but they get the recap points as well.  Again for the diamond division I do think that it's a bad idea.  There's just too little time per day to make it work.

1 2 3 Previous Next