16 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 12:49 PM by Usermaatre RSS

Care Packages and Kill Streak issues in Local Multiplayer

Is anyone else seeing issues calling in kill streak and care packages in local multiplayer.  What happens is when I press the button to call in a kill streak reward or care package I will get the animation where my character pushes a button.  He will do this animation three times and then nothing.  If it is a score streak that requires the remote control suitcase then he'll simply open it.  Nothing else happens.  If I respawn I may have a few minutes where I can call in my kill streaks and care packages but that's it.  This started with the Feb 20th patch. 

I hope Activision knows about this issues and fixes it soon.  I play a lot of local multiplayer with my family since regular multiplayer is a bit too hi intensity for a family fun night.

Latest reply: on Mar 3, 2014 12:49 PM by Replies: 16 in GHOSTS SUPPORT
        • Test #1
          Re: Care Packages and Kill Streak issues in Local Multiplayer

I too experienced this very same problem after I did the new update.  None of my care packages will open.  The player throws the smoke grenade but no smoke comes out.  I also can't use any of the kill streaks.  I did however pickup a Maniac suit that my bot team mate dropped.  I was helping my fiance get better at the game tonight and noticed the issue.  I think a patch needs to be made to fix this issue.

Last Edited: Feb 23, 2014 8:44 PM
          • Test #1

Hey axcelorator,

Thanks for providing that information for us. Being that it happened after the recent update, have you tried uninstalling the game and updates and reinstalling them on a wired connection? can you please let us know what console you are playing the game on? Have you noticed if this happens as well in online multiplayer?

Thanks,

^AJ

Last Edited: Feb 24, 2014 7:05 PM
              • Test #1

1) This is on the Xbox One

2) I have not uninstalled the game yet.  When I migrated Ghosts from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox one I lost all of my exclusive content and my save games.  I've been hesitant to remove the game for fear of loosing everything else in the process.

3) I have not noticed this issues in Multiplayer yet.  In all honestly I seldom earn a care package in multiplayer.  I typically don't survive long enough to earn kill streaks in online multiplayer.  Hence why I play the local multiplayer with friends and family.

Thank you

Last Edited: Feb 25, 2014 5:51 AM
              • Test #1

So against my better judgement I decided to uninstall the whole application including all add-ons.  The Xbox One says it is installing the game however it is stuck at 0% in the install process.  Any helpful ideas?  I purchased the season pass and would like to play this game without having to re-purchase the digital copy from the Xbox store. 

Last Edited: Feb 25, 2014 4:18 PM
                  • Test #1

I finally managed to re-install the game.  It took forever.  I'm guessing that the current state version of the game downloaded from the internet which explains why it took forever.  It would have been nice if someone shared that little bit of information.

I test another local multi-player game and am still seeing the same behavior.  I played against a bunch of noob level opponents and earned the 26 kill streak award for the map.  When I finally could call it in the award was was simply not in my kill streak award list.  I've also noticed that one games types like Domination the announcer's voice is missing.  I hope you guys are looking into this.  I really don't any enjoyment out of competing with the hyper twitch crowd and this is the only way I can enjoy the game at my age with my family and friends.

Last Edited: Feb 28, 2014 6:51 AM
                    • Test #1

Hey axcelorator,

Can you please specify, what version of the game you have? Do you have a disc copy or a digital copy of the game? You can try deleting the download that is stuck from your queue and reinstalling it. When installing, are you using a wired or wireless connection?

Thanks,

^AJ

Last Edited: Feb 28, 2014 5:54 PM
                        • Test #1

This is the Disc version of the game.  Xbox One.  The Xbox One has a hard wired connection to my router.  My internet has a 5 Mbps Download and a 3 Mbps Upload as tested by Time Warner Cable's bandwidth test.  My home network is 1 GB.  Nothing else was using the bandwidth on the network at the time of re-install.  We also were not multi-tasking with the Xbox while it was performing the installation.  We actually switch on the TV and watch public TV for a few hours and left the Xbox alone.  The xbox is not part of the over all home entertainment system.  My setup currently cannot support those Xbox One features.

I am only assuming the installer downloaded simply because of how much time it took to load and then install.  I figured a fresh install would be faster locally than over the network. 

Thank you,

Jim

Last Edited: Feb 28, 2014 6:50 PM
                          • Test #1

I'd just like to confirm that the same problem is happening for me on PS4. The animations to call in kill streaks are faulting and as a result most of the time they're are not being initiated. My version of the game is 3.7.6. This is happening on local play under squads mode.

Last Edited: Feb 28, 2014 9:53 PM
                        • Test #1

having same problem on xbox 360

Last Edited: Mar 1, 2014 12:46 AM
                          • Test #1

Having the same problem on the download version on PS4.

Last Edited: Mar 3, 2014 10:26 AM
                            • Test #1

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM BUT IT WAS AFTER I DOWNLOADED THE NEW MAP PACKS. IM ON PS4 DOWNLOADED FROM THE PS3. CAN ANYONE HELP

Last Edited: Mar 3, 2014 12:49 PM