33 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 9:13 AM by RunningMan32 RSS

DIAMOND WAR APP BROKE AND CALL OF DUTY SERVERS DOWN DURING THE 4 HOUR WAR

Robaboa

The app stopped working and no one can connect to the public servers Cmon this is a joke

• Re: DIAMOND WAR APP BROKE AND CALL OF DUTY SERVERS DOWN DURING THE 4 HOUR WAR

I won't play Diamond division again. Nothing but problems. Clan couldn't play together for some reason and we waste time trying to connect. Then there is no time left to make up points. Totally sucked.

KnightOw7

They seem to be having issues again. My clan data doesn't load and all Clan logos on the War map are orange wrenches. They need to scrap the Diamond Division and start over. Glad I'm not in it.

BuddhaBBuddhism

Yeaaaaa. me also! DAMN ORANGE WRENCH CLAN!!!

mikedash1

yea i didn't even play it but i cant log into the public servers either. and why would they shut down the ghost app any way i cant even update my clan of anything..

gameaddict320

playing on x1 servers are fine. what r u playing on?

We're aware of the problem affecting PS3/PS4 players, and the current app issues are related to this outage. We're investigating at present and will update when there's more news.

My clan lost 2 and a half hours tonight because of the servers being down. We were finally all able to get back online but we couldn't get into any matches with all of us together so we gave up. There was no chance of us having the time to make up the points since the clan that was 2nd behind us at the beginning of the night apparently had no issues and continued playing while we were all having problems connecting.

the wrestler

I think it's a bit to much to simply say that everyone's results should be erased as someone was crying for up there, simply because the Playstation servers went down for the last two hours.

Take our example tonight.

1. The XBoxLive system worked fine tonight. And all weekend for that matter. Why some of you continue to play on the PS Network is beyond me. But that's another topic, for another day. Anyways, XBL worked fine all weekend. Those clans played. Our clan showed up both nights (we are Xbox). We played both nights, and had close to 90 of our 100 people show up both nights. Why should we be penalized? We did our job.

2. Our clan was winning at the end of the first round Saturday night. Against what i think was a Playstation clan. Our clan quickly built up a 55 point lead in the first 90 minutes tonight . BEFORE all the Playstation Network issues hit. We played, we played fair and were easily beating the 2nd place clan well before the issues happened. Why should our results not count now? And why should the 2nd place clan be handed a first place result, when the outcome was already decided? That's ridiculous.

3. I could see giving those playstation clans a first place result IF they were in first place, BEFORE the crash happened. That is fair. But if you weren't, that's on you.

Robaboa

@wrestler

we remember you we won that war too. its listed as a win for both of us and as to the clan war.

take this example:

the next war we'll shut off the xbox servers then have a war against you. the post our stats of how great we did.

you would have maybe lost if the psn boyz were able to play but you had no one playing against you.

no diamond points should be awarded for the leaderboards based on that broken war you know that if it was xboxs servers youd be mad as hell. and for the record psn had no issues it was call of dutys servers that were broke.

the wrestler

Replying back to Robaboa's comments

robaboa said,.... "the next war we'll shut off the xbox servers then have a war against you. the post our stats of how great we did."

Why be a smart ass? Ii never mentioned who we are or posted any 'stats' of what we did. I simply mentioned 'we' won. Just 'we', no mention of a clan name. What's your point there?

robaboa said,...."you would have maybe lost if the psn boyz were able to play but you had no one playing against you"

Uh, no. Your logic is wrong. One. We would have not have 'maybe' lost. There was two and a half hours left and we had a 67pt lead. The lead was growing too. We had close to 65 people playing. We were NOT going to lose. It was physically impossible for the 2nd place clan to catch us, regardless of what the servers did.

Two. When you say 'no one' was playing against us, that's whiny crying on your part. We had people 'playing' against us. We had seven other clan play against us the first four hour session on Sat night. ALL opponents playing. We were winning then. What's their excuse? We also had people 'playing' against us in the first part of the Sunday night session too. I saw them. We were winning. And at that point, winning by a comfortable margin. Nothing was going to change if the crash hadn't happened. We were going to win regardless.

robaboa said,..."no diamond points should be awarded for the leaderboards based on that broken war you know that if it was xboxs servers youd be mad as hell.t.

I would have been mad IF we had been winning and the servers crashed. We would have been robbed. But that's not the case here in our example.

I would have been mad IF we had been in second place by a few pts and the servers crashed. We 'maybe' could have come back. But that's not the case here again.

The case here tonight was we were going to win regardless of the crash. So like i said originally, why penalize us for the mistake? We put in the time, we showed up and did what we had to do. So the reality is  I would NOT have been mad if we had been completely out of the race with no chance to win, and then things crashed. I would have viewed it as being  HANDED  a gift. Pure welfare. I would have been embarrassed is a better word to use and ashamed of the accomplishment. It would be like the last place runner in the NYC marathon having something interfere with his/her race, with the 1st place guy an hour ahead. You are going to lose regardless. Why 'whine' for a gift when it wasn't going to happen anyways?

I feel bad for you or any clan that wants to 'win' that way. Not saying your case is that way, but i know MANY clans are going to try and whine like ******* to win under suggestions like yours. That's cheap.

RunningMan32

I am with you that people should not get rewards for not playing. On the other hand my clan on the ps4 was neck and neck with an xbox clan when the servers went down. There is a good chance that either of us could have placed first, but we can never know because the cod playstation servers went down not the psn network. I am mad because we could have won and I do think we should get our rewards or neither of us should get any rewards. I also understand that they worked hard (as we did) and deserve their rewards. So to keep both happy we both should receive the rewards. Also maybe the only reason you where able to take a commanding lead is that the team you had been going up against had issues logging in so in essence you had it easier then you shoupd have, maybe they had their whole clan on aswell and where taking nodes, i dont know i am not going to assume. That being said neither should you. As i said before I dont think clans that didnt have any points shoupd get any rewards, but they are giving rewards to the top 4 places for this one. I still dont think that is fair in some casses as i am sure some clans will get screwed out of rewards they should have or coupd have received. Nothing is going to be fair in this unless they completely disregard this whole disaster of a clan war and no one gets anything. Oh and a 55 point lead is nothing, that is 2 nodes and the other clan might have been about to take some of the other nodes but 90 mins in is when the servers crashed so get off your high horse and try to look at this objectively.

Bubbakush

This in a nutshell sums up what they should do. It should be a case by case basis if you had a shot at first before the crash and when I say shot I mean within 20-30 cp you deserve the camo because it could of gone differently as for 1st-4th getting it that's a joke 4th place in are DD clan wars had 20 points we won in first place and had over 200 why do they deserve anything when obviously they didn't show up.

gameaddict320

we were in pt zone sunday none of our wins counted sunday. the 1st place clan had a 42 cp lead on us. we were in second and a node worth 25 cp was up for graps it was opened last min saturday and nobody had wins in it. we played that mode sunday when the war was suppose to start but ouf wins didng count. if ee would have capped it it would have dropped theit lead to 17cp.

otisman666

gameaddict320 wrote:

we were in pt zone sunday none of our wins counted sunday. the 1st place clan had a 42 cp lead on us. we were in second and a node worth 25 cp was up for graps it was opened last min saturday and nobody had wins in it. we played that mode sunday when the war was suppose to start but ouf wins didng count. if ee would have capped it it would have dropped theit lead to 17cp.

Which still puts you in 2nd place?  What's the point?

Listen, this whole thing is a giant disaster.  1st off Beachhead not being capable of providing an app that works correctly.  How many times have we requested that there be web access as well?  Would that have helped, maybe, maybe not.  2nd: PS network going down is lame as well, it is a shame because while our competition was 50 points behind us, I was hoping they were going to try and cap another node so we could shut them out again.  That is the fun of CW, shutting out the opposition.

Robaboa

If you think they are going to start a diamond leader board based on that war (more like a fight) then you are on another planet.  Also they are not going to check every clan war blah blah. They know and you know that it would be an unfair advantage to base our stats on a war we couldn't play.

That war will not count toward leader boards. Watch and see.  These ghost developers are fair and strive to make things equal. Like I said you'd be crying up storm if Xbox ghost servers went down. This war is a trial season due to technical problems.  Period  the end.

:-)

So no new updates WTG. This was our clan's first time in Diamond and we got thrown into a unbalanced bracket we had 60 members and the other clan's had over 80+ member's.. As much as we all want the new gear I think it's safe to say that COD Ghost is Garbage.. IE: Hackers.

funny thing is it not even hard to get into diamond division if you can't win just 2 clan wars in platinum division that is a joke!!! Just cuz everyone is always complain you guys are basically making them give out rewards lol. No complaint here from oWo. But yes I do agree its a joke diamond division isn't even hard to win 4hrs to hold nodes of gain points alright I like it better this way then grind 24\7 for 5 days in platinum div. and lower. All u unorganized and crappy clans stop crying!!! Just disbanded or get more organized. You all say they dont supply a clan website, make one yourself. p.s. Giving rewards out to 1st-4th is pretty ridiculous we got 1st with 196cp 2nd 130 3rd 100 and 4th place 0cp LMAO someone got an early Christmas present!!!

The 360 clan wars diamond wasn't working either we played 30 mind then got locked out an said clan wars had been completed

We were in the lead by 68 points at the beginning of our window last night, servers crashed an hour and a half into it, we check today to see we came in 3rd. It's not fair but they're not going to do anything to fix it so there's no use in complaining about the same things over and over.

the wrestler

RunningMan32 said,

"Oh and a 55 point lead is nothing, that is 2 nodes and the other clan might have been about to take some of the other nodes but 90 mins in is when the servers crashed so get off your high horse and try to look at this objectively."

You mentioned a comment about 'never assuming', well, apply that to yourself. Did you even play this ClanWar? Did you even see our clan war board? I know the answer to the latter question is 'NO'. And reading your comments, I have a strong suspicion the former is 'NO' too.

Addressing that. A 55pt lead is HUGE with 2 hours to go, let alone 90 minutes if that's when the servers crashed. Especially with only 8 nodes and all of them capped requiring knock down points as well as win points. Requiring a number of wins ranging from 200 to 350. And then throw in the fact we had over 60 people playing, as well as the fact that NONE of the opposing clans to us had anything more than fifty people playing anytime Saturday night and the first two hours of Sunday night. You could line up hundreds of thousands of hypothetical scenarios for opponents to win...... and you won't find a single possible theoretical combination for any of them to win. None. It wasn't going to happen.

So seeing how you can't handle simple math, basic numbers, i would suggest toning down your comments of telling me to get off my 'high horse'. I have every right to offer up that our clan won fairly, and especially so in countering points made by some people that everyone's results should be thrown out. I have a right to speak up on behalf of our people.

And for the record. I have already stated that IF when the servers went down a clan was close, or winning, yeah, ...they were screwed. That sucks. In those cases, as i already stated, BeachHead should award them a win or share of a win. But clans who were out of the running, who had scored no points over the first 6.5 hours of the contest, they don't deserve jack ****.

RunningMan32

Wow lots of hostility from the angry little boy, i wasnt bashing your clan or your chances of winning. All I was saying is that you need to look at the other side of the coin so i guess you cant read, because in my post i already mentioned that we where in this clan war and neck and neck with the first place team but lost due to the server going down. So take all your snotty comments about math and logic and take a hard look at your self. I said that i can she the side of the people who won and the people who didnt and that someone will get screwed.  I also mentioned that i agree with you in that people should not get anything if they didnt participate. If you where in the reverse situation your story would be very different( i know it is hard to look at things objectively for you) . But activision cannot go through the entire clan war to see what clan did what and even though i would get rewards cause we still came in second, i would rather have this clan war thrown out then see people get stuff they didnt earn or clans that earned rewards too easy cause there wasnt the competition there shoupd have been. I am sure in your scenario you guys had no way of loosing, but you shoupd take more consideration for the people that got screwed then the people that benefit from the bad clan war. Try not thinking selfishly for once and you might understand :-) i hope you have a great day mate

kike4p

well seems like everyone didn't think when u couldn't play on a party as commander of my clan I ordered everyon to join the game mode we need by themselves and  we tool blitz with 32 wins each person winning their own game and took first place in our division