48 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2014 3:23 AM by the1andonlyIKY RSS

Our Version of CoD is the BEST Version of CoD

the1andonlyIKY

NOTE: I was going to talk about Ghosts specifically, but it is not restricted to Ghosts, and rather our Wii U CoD games (which I hope will continue to exist). Also, I am taking this as a from-the-ground-up perspective, which means the base game (as it is at release).

I am sick of all the whining. I know there's problems, and we have our disadvantages, but it just gets old. Call it beating a dead horse; Call it what you will. Some things like this issue are just stupid to keep complaining about. And the negative press that is your stupid outcries won't help our overall community's cause, which is to improve our experience; Improve our community size.

This game - It's just a game! Don't complain about the price of it. If you spent enough time to complete 1 Prestige, even if you don't feel it was worth it, you have gotten your moneys-worth out of the game. (And that's only in-match online play!) Let's say it took you 1 day (24 hrs) of playtime exactly to complete 1 prestige (which is very fast, actually. My average is around 1 day, 4 hrs (28 hrs) per prestige). At the full price of the game (around $60) and 24 hrs playtime, the money you spent is $2.50/hr to play this game. Myself, I'd say that's worth it. You can pay a couple bucks to ride a ride once at a fair, probably around 30-60 for a few rides at an amusement park (maybe more or less, and it depends on the park), or you can do what we do and spend however much up front to play a game for as long as you want. Worth it? I think so. And oh by the way, the longer you play, the more the game becomes worth it. Replay value.

After that, I have a few questions for you:

If you're not having fun, why are you still playing this game? (Games are meant to be entertainment - i.e. fun.)

If you think these games are so much better on other systems, why aren't you there? Or, why are you still here? (Nintendo only - Do you have a computer? they make it for those, too.)

I, myself, am having a blast on this game, for the most part. If you're not, then find another one that you do have fun at, or at the very least try to change some things up until you ARE having fun. Who cares if it's nooby? If it's fun, go for it man!

And now we get to the main point of this discussion:

Our game is the best version. Hands down. Even though we are behind on patches. DLC DLC DLC..why do you care so much? Is it cool? Sure it's cool, but it's also like buying another full price game to play a few maps and maybe a few guns or power-ups on a game you already own. Stupid? I think yes. We have our own studio that does an EXCELLENT job on our ports. Perfect? No. But quite excellent, given their resources and time restrictions. We get the same game that everybody else gets (flaws included), which puts us all on the same playing field. What puts ours over the top is our controller options, Dual Screen Co-op, and Off-TV Play. Sure, apparently the PS4/Vita has an Off-TV Play option, but I hear it's quite horrendous..

Say what you want about whoever, but I will continue to have fun on our CoD games. If you're not enjoying it and are still playing, that's your own fault. If you're frustrated because of this noob and that noob using this thing that isn't patched and that thing that isn't patched, go beat them at their own game, or go find a better one. IKY out.

• Re: Our Version of CoD is the BEST Version of CoD
          nintendon't

There's nothing to argue. Your whole "point" is the Wii U verison is the "best" because you play it a lot and it has more control options (three of which are exactly the same) than the other systems. Just a silly pointless thread.

Plus you're completely ignoring the fact that the next gen consoles have higher resolutions (which actually effects gameplay with aspects like seeing enemies easier from far away), better performance (solid 60FPS), sustainable player populations that make all modes playable at any time of the day with a decent host, 18 player ground war, social features like clans/in depth stats tracking, DLC (I know money money money..blah blah blah, but there is free content from time to time), better support (it's ridiculous that we're going on almost 3 months without a single patch), ETC.

Don't even get me started on how buggy and unpolished the Wii U version (I had to usually reset my system 2-3 times a session from it ******** freezing all the time.). The Wii U version is objectively the worst all things considered.

like2nap03

Hmmm...some comments are gone.

I agree that it's the best version based on the controller options alone.  Well, based on the wii remote alone.  I could careless about groundwar or a slightly higher resolution.  The game is HD enough.  Seeing people isn't an issue.  Would it be nice if they had time to tap into some Wii U horsepower to make it run better?  Of course it would.  But it's not important enough for me to get another version of the game.  I also don't mind the wait for a patch as long as it comes.  If it doesn't, then I will have a problem.  But if it gets us caught up and fixes the few major problems with the game (spawns, map glitch, and operations bug) then it's worth the wait.  None of that is bad enough to deter me from playing it.  I've gotten my money's worth out of it. Isn't the sound better on Wii U too?  Don't the other consoles run Dolby Digital?  Which is compressed 5.1 surround sound resulting in a loss of audio quality.   Or do the new ones run DTS HD Master Audio?  Which would match Wii U in quality.  I know the previous consoles were Dolby Digital.  The Wii U runs LPCM.  Uncompressed audio.  Very nice.  Surround sound is very nice. 

The game runs 1080p on the PS4 and 720p I think on Xbox one.  Isn't this one at 720p as well?  I thought it was.  Either way it's good enough for me.  If anything I feel bad for Xbox one players.  $500 console and it runs a lower resolution.  I've looked into it.  Apparently 1080p is just hard to hit on that thing.  Issue with the memory.  Now they're saying the Wii U can hit 1080p if devs make the effort.  I know it already has, but not on a title like this one.  We'll see.  

the1andonlyIKY

I noticed the comments gone too. It's okay though. They were stupid and nonconstructive. I totally agree that after a certain point, resolution doesn't matter. Interesting about the xbox one tho. And hey, if the effort is there, even sd can still be as beautiful and i-cant-believe-its-not-butter...i mean hd (Super mario galaxies). Im glad that you actually had some supporting points XP with all the haters and complainers i was afraid that was all id hear. Btw..so what happened to/with bobby now? P.s. You should friend me..or we should just play together sometime

like2nap03

the1andonlyIKY wrote:

I noticed the comments gone too. It's okay though. They were stupid and nonconstructive. I totally agree that after a certain point, resolution doesn't matter. Interesting about the xbox one tho. And hey, if the effort is there, even sd can still be as beautiful and i-cant-believe-its-not-butter...i mean hd (Super mario galaxies). Im glad that you actually had some supporting points XP with all the haters and complainers i was afraid that was all id hear. Btw..so what happened to/with bobby now? P.s. You should friend me..or we should just play together sometime

Bobby, from what I've read, is just going to be less active on the forums.  Take a break from them.  He's still going to be playing the game as often as ever.  Go ahead and PM me your NNID and I will do the same (I never post it publicly).   Don't feel bad if I don't add you for like a week.  I'm very busy and tend to forget things like that.

the1andonlyIKY

Oh, and as far as the Wii U's power and such, I saw a few new articles today. I have yet to read the original source (plan to tonight), but I thought I'd post them here anyway, because they kind of relate.

Article (Wii U Daily) - Is the Wii U more powerful than previously thought? | Wii U

Original Source (CinemaBlend/Gaming Blend) - Wii U's Memory Bandwidth, GPU More Powerful Than We Thought?

chad111

At the end of the CinemaBlend article, it mentions if the third party developers are going to tap into the full power the Wii U has to offer. Myself, I don't think I can handle another game that has been ported from another system. I'm not running to the store on release day next time around.

like2nap03

the1andonlyIKY wrote:

Oh, and as far as the Wii U's power and such, I saw a few new articles today. I have yet to read the original source (plan to tonight), but I thought I'd post them here anyway, because they kind of relate.

Article (Wii U Daily) - Is the Wii U more powerful than previously thought? | Wii U

Original Source (CinemaBlend/Gaming Blend) - Wii U's Memory Bandwidth, GPU More Powerful Than We Thought?

It's all about which developers will take advantage of the hardware.  Red Steel 2 on Wii is a good example.  Excellent graphics, good story, and amazing motion controls.  Sky Crawlers:  Innocent Aces.  Same thing.  Good graphics, story, and amazing controls.  Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2.  Developed by Red Fly Studios.  (I think it was Red Fly).  It got better reviews than the HD versions.  Much better port than the first Star Wars Unleashed game. (I can't remember who did the port, but it was a port of the PS2 version).  Red Fly built it ground up for the Wii.  Motion controls made it better, but it also had great graphics as far as Wii goes.  Really good.  It also had more levels, longer levels, and extra cutscenes that made the story make more sense.  That game is a great example of taking advantage of the hardware you're developing for. 

Treyarch did an amazing job with Ghosts especially considering the limited development time.  It would be great if they had time to really tap into the horsepower, but they did good enough and the controls (scope/sniping issues aside) are the best we've seen for the wii remote. 

WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

but they did good enough and the controls (scope/sniping issues aside) are the best we've seen for the wii remote. 

BobbyMcGee

these types of comments and trolling are why i dont bother anymore. yeah, i continue reading, if i see a friend i can help ill pm, i too now have the operations glitch on only first class, thank god as i am 100 off ghillie suit and knew last night i was do for the glitch, so ill keep checking in here for the patch.

pauly, i hate to put nap on the spot, but if wiimote controls are so broke why is it that naps stats top mine in every way possible? im not a bad player either, go ahead and check. now how is that even possible? me with my super op da aa and nap with his broken wiimote, how does he average 5 more kills per game than me and equal or better accuracy? it seems like when people perform poorly they come here to bash the game, like a little kid who keeps falling off his bike throwing his helmet and blaming the "equipment". then he gets angry and screams at dad he never want to ride again, and cries to sell the bike. maybe he even  tries blaming dad for not holding the seat tight enough, lol. thats what youve come to remind me of, yet youre a grown man. maybe its not the game and its you?

WiimotesRus02

Simple answer is they're not the best wiimote controls to date and I found it funny, no need to get all defensive about it. As for your opinion about me blaming the game for my bad play, I will just say grow up, its not just me that complains but I may do more than my fair share. Just because I don't say what you want to hear doesn't make me a troll. Good try though Btw, if you have no intention of playing any hardcore games with me, (I've seen you on enough) just delete me.

And another thing, you've said before you agree with most things I say here, but when I don't agree with you, I don't compare you to a child that's pissed with his Dad, I state an opinion. Do not call me immature if you can't act in the same manner. If Nap is unhappy with my comment, let him deal with it, I'm sure we can argue the point ourselves..

BobbyMcGee

you mean team camp match hardcore? i checked the playlist last night when i was having trouble finding matches that werent totally lopsided with full clans in core as only 800 people were on. there were 25 people playing, TWENTY FIVE! maybe that should tell you something? you are more than entitled to your opinion, as am i, just stop saying wiimote is broke because most of the top players on my list, guys who can, have and do pwn me are using it. i also said i dont play hardcore, for obvious reasons, but requested you as a friend to extend an olive branch and to see if i could get you into some different modes. i thought youd have fun and we could shoot the ****, and possibly i could see if i could help with your connection issues. but you still have yet to take any of my advice concerning connection, two whole titles later! whats up with that? i dont want to delete you, i will remain hopeful that one day you join me for a match in a mode that isnt so connection dependent, or at least in a playlist that actually has a playercount that is large enough to support more than one lobby. no wonder you cant find a lag-free game.

like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

If Nap is unhappy with my comment, let him deal with it, I'm sure we can argue the point ourselves..

Your comment doesn't make me unhappy.  Just Pauly being Pauly.  I am curious though.  I've asked you before what you think is wrong with it and I don't recall getting a definitive answer.  Messed up sniping/scopes aside (which I don't care about.  I suck at wiimote sniping anyway.  Never made the effort to master it) I've gone back and played BLOPS1, MW3, and BLOPS 2.  The extra settings, and faster turn speeds, make this one the best in my opinion.  I've put a lot of time into tweaking them and finding what feels right.  To me it puts the other games to shame.  MW3 is good, but this game tops it with the faster speeds, ADS camera sensitivity, and the fact that there is a smooth transition from hipfire to ADS.  MW3 is pretty smooth in that regard, but there is still a hitch.  The movement still stops.  The effect is much worse in BLOPS1 and BLOPS2.  BLOPS 2 is actually quite hard to play now.  It feels so sluggish between the ADS problem and the slower turn speeds.  It was definitely a step back from MW3.  I sometimes wonder if the framerates had an effect on the Wii controls.  I mean they must have.  Only seeing half of the frames at best.  I didn't go back and play MWR or W@W.  I don't have them anymore.  I did play them before BLOPS 2 came out though to compare them to MW3.  Neither was better and W@W felt ancient in comparison. 

All that aside I find it much easier to follow a target with these controls.  After some practice of course.

WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

If Nap is unhappy with my comment, let him deal with it, I'm sure we can argue the point ourselves..

Your comment doesn't make me unhappy.  Just Pauly being Pauly.  I am curious though.  I've asked you before what you think is wrong with it

Its not broke as such, its just an improvement on BO2. If I play MW3/BO1 I can feel the difference straight away, its spot on accurate and just feels right in every way. With these games you have to have the settings on superfast to get anywhere near the same feel. That's why I find the comment quite funny. Maybe its just me, I've been playing these games for like 4 years or so and instead of getting better like I used to, old age and senility is setting in. Happens to the best people you know.

@Bobby, I am trying the wired connection, maybe you didn't see my post yesterday. Not one shop here had any lan adapters, so I ordered one from amazon but won't arrive until march 6th. Other than that that's all I'm going to try. I played some BO2 today because I couldn't get a match in any mode before mid day, THATS WHAT TELLS ME SOMETHING, that BO2 had a couple of 1000 people playing, Ghosts had less than a 100. But I didn't get one disconnection from the servers, not one, and when I came back to ghosts, there it was, a strict nat. Yeah its my network, what else can it be? But just forget it ok, I'm not interested in people who can't accept that unless you live in the states this game is hopeless. I know you know some brits that do good, I know some too, but not as many as people that have my issues. And to make you all even happier, I won't reply to your posts anymore, you just go with the illusion that all of a sudden since the WiiU came out 90% of peoples internet just took a nose dive for the worse. Both my providers, one normal and one cable fast are just crap..

BobbyMcGee

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

like2nap03 wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

Your comment doesn't make me unhappy.  Just Pauly being Pauly.  I am curious though.  I've asked you before what you think is wrong with it

I played some BO2 today because I couldn't get a match in any mode before mid day, THATS WHAT TELLS ME SOMETHING, that BO2 had a couple of 1000 people playing, Ghosts had less than a 100.

wut? i play often those times those numbers never fall below 600, yes i look at the heatmap and know exactly what time of day it is for you and when your playing at night after sitting down to a fish and chips dinner.

like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

like2nap03 wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

Its not broke as such, its just an improvement on BO2. If I play MW3/BO1 I can feel the difference straight away, its spot on accurate and just feels right in every way. With these games you have to have the settings on superfast to get anywhere near the same feel. That's why I find the comment quite funny. Maybe its just me, I've been playing these games for like 4 years or so and instead of getting better like I used to, old age and senility is setting in. Happens to the best people you know.

@Bobby, I am trying the wired connection, maybe you didn't see my post yesterday. Not one shop here had any lan adapters, so I ordered one from amazon but won't arrive until march 6th. Other than that that's all I'm going to try. I played some BO2 today because I couldn't get a match in any mode before mid day, THATS WHAT TELLS ME SOMETHING, that BO2 had a couple of 1000 people playing, Ghosts had less than a 100. But I didn't get one disconnection from the servers, not one, and when I came back to ghosts, there it was, a strict nat. Yeah its my network, what else can it be? But just forget it ok, I'm not interested in people who can't accept that unless you live in the states this game is hopeless. I know you know some brits that do good, I know some too, but not as many as people that have my issues. And to make you all even happier, I won't reply to your posts anymore, you just go with the illusion that all of a sudden since the WiiU came out 90% of peoples internet just took a nose dive for the worse. Both my providers, one normal and one cable fast are just crap..

I noticed that as well and I think the framerate has something to do with it.  As you turn the screen is really showing only half the frames on Wii.  So you're covering more ground as you turn.  Which is why I think the settings need to be twice as fast BLOPS 2 (which isn't possible) and Ghosts.  This would also have effect on cursor movement which is why the Wii settings just don't work on Wii U.  At least that's my theory.  It took me a few hours of tweaking  to make my settings just right, but I found the ones I wanted and have been pwning every since.  In BLOPS 2 I could never get them right because you could not turn fast enough to match the Wii games.  I've always suspected framerate was the issue.  Now that we have double the turn speeds, and the other settings, I think they're better than ever. 

BobbyMcGee

You are right. We will go with the analogy of a baseball player blaming his bat, the father can be the manager, all better?

BobbyMcGee

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

And another thing, you've said before you agree with most things I say here, but when I don't agree with you, I don't compare you to a child that's pissed with his Dad, I state an opinion. Do not call me immature if you can't act in the same manner.

the1andonlyIKY

like2nap03 wrote:

Treyarch did an amazing job with Ghosts especially considering the limited development time.  It would be great if they had time to really tap into the horsepower, but they did good enough and the controls (scope/sniping issues aside) are the best we've seen for the wii remote. 

agreed, my friend. and yes, the time and effort always shows if put to good use.

Same here.

After getting used to the smoothness, speed and mainly just feel of having the control in my hands, I cannot go back to last gen controllers. Very ironically, I play FPS's only on Wii U. (Wii U has no FPS's and the others have mainly FPS's).

I just wish they would add gyro aiming option to gamepad to make the controller a bit more even. And also throw the automated leaning into thrash bin, when there is a controller to control it your self. Just map it into nunchuck.

the1andonlyIKY

Eh, I think the leaning could maybe use IMPROVEMENT, but not removal. It can be disabled, after all. With that fact, I think they should have at least an alternative challenge to get the leaning required camo

like2nap03

the1andonlyIKY wrote:

Eh, I think the leaning could maybe use IMPROVEMENT, but not removal. It can be disabled, after all. With that fact, I think they should have at least an alternative challenge to get the leaning required camo

At least they are lowering the requirements for the camo.  I may go for it after we get that update.  Same with the sliding.  Until they lower them though I won't bother.  It feels like a chore.  Not my cup of tea.  I may sludge through it though if they lower the number of kills needed. 

the1andonlyIKY

Honestly, I don't think they should reduce the requirement overall. For Assault Rifles, yes...and maybe LMG's (I forget how many they require). I think 50 is plenty. But as far as Snipers, I am finding different spots on certain maps to get those, and it's not too hard. the rest require a little extra, but it's doable, and it does give me something to work for on random matches.

However, I do think they should improve the leaning a bit, such as maybe letting you be further away from a given edge to be able to lean (along with that there are some random edges where I feel you should be able to lean on but can't), and also maybe giving some control or ability to allow you to strafe/turn around a corner/edge without it releasing [which then makes you have to realign yourself if you're going to continue trying to lean on whatever object].

NoLifeKing32

What does the Wii U version do that the other consoles don't? Controller options? There have been controllers specifically designed to play COD, are scuf controllers available on Wii U? Split screen? Been around for years. Off-tv? Why would I want to play on anything other than my 55 inch 1080p HDTV? You can keep your little toys (that I have too), I'll keep the monthly support and huge playerbase, along with the ability to play whatever game mode I want whenever I want. Cute thread tho.