6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2014 6:06 AM by maccabi RSS

Post moderation, why does it take so long?

at what point do my posts stop being delayed by moderation? Its incredibly annoying/frustrating to have to wait sometimes hours for posts to be approved,especially since I'm the one working on recruitment for my clan. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thank yo

Latest reply: on Feb 27, 2014 6:06 AM by Replies: 6 in GHOSTS SUPPORT
        • Test #1
          Re: Post moderation, why does it take so long?

Your experience in the forum has nothing to do with posts being moderated. I'm guessing you linked outside sources to your post - this generally needs to be moderated. On the length of time for moderation - sometimes you can get lucky and have the post approved within minutes,,, sometimes not so lucky.

Last Edited: Feb 25, 2014 6:24 PM
          • Test #1

It just depends upon when a moderator actually gets to your particular post and either approves or denies it. Sometimes it can happen in minutes, but if not many moderators are on at that time it could take hours until the next one see's it and makes a choice.

Last Edited: Feb 25, 2014 8:18 PM
            • Test #1

So even though I'm posting the same link to the clan facebook over and over

literally copying and pasting, I still have to wait?

Even though I'll see other clan recruiters post in the same thread, and post links

that get approved before mine. Its a touch ridiculous, if you ask me

Last Edited: Feb 26, 2014 4:55 AM
              • Test #1

slypayload76 wrote:

at what point do my posts stop being delayed by moderation? Its incredibly annoying/frustrating to have to wait sometimes hours for posts to be approved,especially since I'm the one working on recruitment for my clan. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thank yo

the main reason a post gets thrown into the moderation queue is if you add a url ..

if you want to make a recruitment thread keep it on the forums and dont link to an off site url which in your case would be facebook

Last Edited: Feb 26, 2014 6:32 AM
                • Test #1

Because unlike most of the forum members that post here, the mods actually have a life.

Last Edited: Feb 26, 2014 6:40 AM
                  • Test #1

I just had a moderation in like 5 minutes.

Maybe the site you're linking to has content the mods don't really like (as for the coc and guideline of this forum)

Last Edited: Feb 26, 2014 7:17 AM
                    • Test #1

alright thank you guys for your help. But I now have another issue, I had a regular old recruiting thread all mod approved and everything that I had posted a couple days ago. Yesterday I made some edits to the original posts and nearly 24 hours later I'm still waiting for mod aproval(again) when I didn't add or change links just plain text. Is that normal, or am I just getting the short end of the stick

Last Edited: Feb 27, 2014 5:54 AM
                        • Test #1

When you edit something it then gets re-posted. Process starts again.

Last Edited: Feb 27, 2014 5:57 AM
                          • Test #1

slypayload76 wrote:

alright thank you guys for your help. But I now have another issue, I had a regular old recruiting thread all mod approved and everything that I had posted a couple days ago. Yesterday I made some edits to the original posts and nearly 24 hours later I'm still waiting for mod aproval(again) when I didn't add or change links just plain text. Is that normal, or am I just getting the short end of the stick

its because an edit is classed as a new post ..

if you want to avoid it happening and as it looks like its the facebook link thats causing the issue  just write find us on facebook - *name of clan* 

Last Edited: Feb 27, 2014 6:06 AM