4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 5:20 AM by WOLFGOTTAGUN RSS

Okay, I don't know what to do anymore

I have CoD: Ghosts for the XBox 360, I've had it for over a month, and until now I had no issues. Now suddenly out of no where it seems, I can't finish a single game of multiplayer as it Randomly it seems to just have a disc read error, though the game continues to go on in the background till I hit okay, and then it exits to the desktop thing. I've tried cleaning it, resetting the 360, and even deleting all data involving it and trying again, which allowed it to last through exactly one game before it started crashing again. Any ideas?

Latest reply: on Feb 26, 2014 5:20 AM by Replies: 4 in GHOSTS SUPPORT
        • Test #1
          Re: Okay, I don't know what to do anymore

Try blowing your tray, running water over disc and gently clean off with shirt or cloth. keep in mind if you get it to work downloading it to your hard drive would be ideal. you could even go rent ghosts, download it to your hard drive, then it should play regardless.

Last Edited: Feb 25, 2014 4:19 PM
          • Test #1

*Sigh* Seems it is suddenly scratched, though I don't know how. I had tried the blowing and running water thing and it didn't help, and just tried the instalation thing when it said it was dirty or scratched apparently. Thanks for the help though.

Last Edited: Feb 25, 2014 4:33 PM
            • Test #1

How old's the console? Could just be dying. Anyways, I had this similar issue with my PS3. Out of nowhere it couldn't read Ghosts. It played every other game just fine and even read DVDs and Blu-rays. A few hours later though when I tried Ghosts again it worked.

You try cleaning it out as you have, try DVDs and other games to see if it's the disc itself. If it's the console then give it a break and see it that helps. Powering it off helps too.

Last Edited: Feb 25, 2014 4:43 PM