31 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2014 4:50 PM by BobbyMcGee RSS

blops 2 dlc...

BobbyMcGee

honestly i dont know what to think about this. how is it that a past title on last gen is getting dlc but we are still behind on patches for ghost? or do we take supports slow timeline concerning patches as a sign they are working on a lot? interested to see what the next few weeks bring.

"NEW DLC" - Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (!?) and Ghosts! - YouTube

• Re: blops 2 dlc...
          uscoastgaurd

You have to remember that A_Trey_U works with a small team. They have to work on every CoD for the Wii, which means that every February they have to stop support for a bit (Sometimes forever) and optimize the next CoD game for the WiiU. Honestly, I think that Sledgehammer games needs to makes it's own Wii team; it could open so many new opportunities for us. Instead of being treated like we're some DS port, we'd be just  like the big boys.

WiimotesRus02

According to the commentator they're making DLC for BO2 because Treyarch won't be releasing their new game until 2015, at least I think that's what he says. But the WiiU versions aren't getting it. If its true that BO3 or what ever it'll be called isn't coming until 2015 that means we'll be stuck with ghosts for another year, that and BO2. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing..

BobbyMcGee

that is exactly what he says, furthermore he says this new dlc is coming to a past title because treyarch now has free time on its hands...but we get told here they are so super busy our patches have to wait. wut? they (activision) actually paid for his flight from your side of the pond to come to california and test ghost before launch, as hes a very well known youtuber, so i know his info is usually reliable.

that all makes me wonder if wiiu is really being worked on patch-wise in the first place, or they are just blowing us off like in the past, its not like i never agreed we havent been lied to in the past before, our wii u community here i mean, it just rubs me wrong our patches for this title arent current, meanwhile ten year old consoles with two year old titles are receiving more support because treyarch has so much "free time". and i liked your reply, its nice to see you being productive. i hesitated posting that vid because i was worried what you would say actually. wouldnt it be crazy if wiiu actually was able to receive dlc now? in some form? what would you guys think if they offered all the blops2 map packs for one cheap, sorry we f'd you price? would you guys buy it? or would it further the divide? talk to me goose...

barA-ehT

As far as I know, sledgehammer is making this year's COD... So, that means WiiU is supposed to get it too this year, and next year will be treyarch's one, and the next will be infinity ward's one...

Am I right?  So, people should not panic... WiiU should still be getting one COD each year...

As for DLC, I dont think Nintendo will ever get a map pack for a COD franchise...

like2nap03

If Wii U got the next COD it would probably be Treyarch porting it.  The Wii U team is the Wii U team.  This DLC has nothing to do with them other than the fact that they work for the same company.  It's a different team making the DLC though than the Wii U team.  They are working on the next patch.  ATU said just a couple days ago that he stands by what he said before.  That it will be released "in a few weeks time".  So our Wii U team is working on the next patch.  The Treyarch dev teams for the other consoles have spare time and are making DLC that we won't be getting.  Nothing has changed for us. 

ghamorra

Treyarch and IW are two completely different companies and neither one cares about the other's game. Trey can do whatever they want with their titles and IW can do whatever they want with theirs.

BobbyMcGee

a29119595d905c5c636d751d22844c03 wrote:

honestly i dont know what to think about this. how is it that a past title on last gen is getting dlc but we are still behind on patches for ghost? or do we take supports slow timeline concerning patches as a sign they are working on a lot? interested to see what the next few weeks bring.

"NEW DLC" - Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (!?) and Ghosts! - YouTube

boooooommmm!!!!