12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 6:14 AM by Izjar11 RSS

I hate to say it: Spawn blah

Izjar11

COD

These "spawn" fixes are not fixes at all, I have never experienced more people spawning next to me, in front of me, behind me than this "new" fix.

I really hate to say that due to the "feedback" things have gotten worse with the spawns. I never complained about this stuff because it was manageable to have the occasional guy spawn near me, but now I spawn I cannot move from it for a few seconds to try to avoid dying right after.

I personally hope that Sledge hammer does not fall into the trap that is "listening" to their community on things THEY HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT! These developers need to remain steadfast on their decisions and stop making tweaks to please a few.

My once in a year rant over!

• Re: I hate to say it: Spawn blah

I know a certain person on another thread that would argue with you and say they have to listen to the masses for the masses have the power...

newm8n

i will agree. getting shot in the back is getting old. but its the one guy who need instant gratification who runs to there spawn to get kills that causes the spawn flip. you can still run and gun and dictate the spawns if your smart.

Izjar11

newm8n wrote:

i will agree. getting shot in the back is getting old. but its the one guy who need instant gratification who runs to there spawn to get kills that causes the spawn flip. you can still run and gun and dictate the spawns if your smart.

yes and no,

We all know if your team pushes forward the spawns flip, but since this "update" the new spawn points are brutal. I have experienced allot of spawning next to someone, more so than pre-update.

Just got to get use to it.....until more complaints rush in and another "fix" is implemented.

The problem is they only have two sets of spawns they need eight or nine sets of spawns so it's a matter of spawning people away from the enemy instead of spawning near your team. These spawn flips keep ruining games for me. I would rather make it where it's spawning players away from the enemies at all costs. These spawns are worse then an arcade shooter from the PS2 era.

Izjar11

TheDarkOne123 wrote:

The problem is they only have two sets of spawns they need eight or nine sets of spawns so it's a matter of spawning people away from the enemy instead of spawning near your team. These spawn flips keep ruining games for me. I would rather make it where it's spawning players away from the enemies at all costs. These spawns are worse then an arcade shooter from the PS2 era.

Yea it does seem to be two areas are mostly where teams spawn from.

RunAndGun1

TheDarkOne123 wrote:

I think you're right about the limited use of spawn areas. It's also a "belief" of mine that the original "spawn logic" was designed to make the maps seem smaller by spawning opposing teams closer to one another. Why? Because people complained about the maps being too big before Ghosts was released. So, people were made to spawn closer to one another, teammate or enemy, to "shrink" the size of the maps. The fact that this is STILL happening only heightens my belief.

In my experience, it's clear that the maps are not TOO big at all. The only time they "seem" too big is caused by more people camping on each team. I have yet to play a match that was too slow. Those who keep insisting that the maps are too large, are people who prefer the clusterfk teeny tiny maps of BO2. Or, the idea of having to run to find people to kill is too much to ask of them. I like the occasional small map matches, but I prefer a variety of map sizes. I bring up the topic of small maps because small maps are also the cause of bad spawns. BO2 is proof of that.

EDIT: Oh, and I agree that the devs are listening to too many of the complainers. Or, as in the case of BO2, listening to a tiny segment of the community (i.e. MLG/eSports players).

These maps aren't even big Black Ops 1 and MW2 had way bigger maps then this game. The problem with these maps in my opinion is they are too open and lack points of interest and buildings and clutter. These maps are no where near big even Stonehaven is smaller then Derail. The problem with these spawns is there are only two spawn areas in every map on the big maps there's three but the third one rarely gets used. I think an AI Controlled spawn system that learns would be a great solution because you would have to fix anything.

nicedrewishfela

I'd think it would be helpful to note what system you are on and what game modes you play.

Playing HC TDM this weekend I felt the Spawns had improved somewhat... just my perspective. But then I had a really good weekend and wasn't dying all that much

Izjar11

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I'd think it would be helpful to note what system you are on and what game modes you play.

Playing HC TDM this weekend I felt the Spawns had improved somewhat... just my perspective. But then I had a really good weekend and wasn't dying all that much

I play on the ps4.

Things seem alittle better after last night update but when I created this thread it was far worse........tis the nature of COD.

sennalike

generally I don't have too big an issue with spawns. I only play HC Dom and maybe they are better in that mode? That said it isn't always good. Earlier I got thrown into a match already started and was instantly shot. Next match, again thrown in, but this time more alert, I hit L1and R1 quickly without even looking. Got a kill, quite unbelievable and would never happen normally.

I've said this before, and it's too late for ghosts, but with spawning they need to tear up the rule book and start again. Use some blue sky thinking and try something new that removes or at least significantly reduces all the problems with spawning. There have been many ideas put forward in the past, nothing ventured, nothing gained.