6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2014 9:11 AM by Gerbera RSS

Things I Learn Playing Against Bots

ghamorra

Me and friend got together today to mess around and beat up on some bots. It was a lot of fun as we put together some real oddball classes and gave each other challenges. We stuck them on the middle difficulty (I can't recall right now what it was) and practiced a few weapons we don't normally used and tried some things out. This is what I learned.

1) The Riot Shield is crap and really doesn't belong in this game. I've said this for a while but after using it in a simulated match I can't really see any reason to use it. I noticed that if you have a lethal or tactical equipment you can deploy it without taking damage which is stupid, but out side of that the RS doesn't really offer anything else. It's defense is to narrow and it fails as a weapon.

2) When a class is loaded with Quickdraw, the .44 magnum, and the MTS-255 you soldier should automatically be given a western outfit complete with a cowboy hat, chaps, and a boots with spurs.

3) The USR is quite possible the most confusing sniper. It's a bolt action with pretty much a 0 OHK chance. The only ones I managed to get were headshots. Outside of that I don't recall ever getting one.

4) When you have the combat knife equipped as your only weapon the knifing action should be shorter. Not so much the going in for the kill but the recovery after the attack leaves you lingering for a split second. before you can attack again. It's your only weapon and it has a lot going against it, why can't you recover faster to get yourself out of danger quicker or move on to the next guy.

5) The Helo-Pilot does what the Chopper Gunner in Black Ops did. Randomly it fixes it's aim outside the map prevent you from bringing it back down into the playing field. You'll hover over the map but regardless of how hard you try you can't get the crosshairs to aim lower even when moving the chopper to try and re-align yourself with where the action is.

6) Scavenger only replenishes the first Throwing Knife if you have the Extra Lethal perk equiped.

7) Care Packages often have a mind of their own and will sometimes take detours on their way down.

8) The grip attachment is much better in Private Matches than in the real game. When using grip on an MR or LMG it's fairly useless and unnoticeable. When using it in a Private Match I can go burst fire on the MR-28 and still have impeccable accuracy and LMG with Rapid Fire is so easy to handle. In the public domain I wouldn't use the grip under any circumstance.

9) If you have a Dog out and one waiting to be called in, a Care Package from completed Field Order will 100% of the time give you another Dog.

10) My Squad Mate has a K/D of 8.4 averaging more kills than me and a perfect W/L.

11) It is possible to average 1 kill every 15 seconds using only knives

12) The .44 mag really does need a buff

13) There needs to be a perk that allows a faster animation of calling in Pointstreaks. The time it takes to call in an Attack Hind, Squadmate, or anything else is actually pretty long. It's a realistic action which why I think that instead of decreasing the time in general it should be tied into a perk, like Reflex or Strong Arm.

14) Bots never ADS, never. But their hip-fire accuracy is uncanny.

• Re: Things I Learn Playing Against Bots
          Gerbera

1.) Doesn't really matter to me as I don't even use it, lol. Whether it stays or is taken out doesn't affect me.

2.) lol, that would be fun.

3.) It does feel a bit inconsistent. Like I'll get a OHK one time, then I'll hit someone else in virtually the exact same spot and get a hitmarker.

4.) I did think that you could swipe, stop for a fraction of a second (the knife making contact and meeting resistance against the body), then just finish the swipe animation and you keep going, but as you mentioned, only if you're using the Combat Knife as your chosen primary weapon. They could've done something like BO2 had with Dexterity, which let you recover from melee quicker, so maybe could've had it with Reflex.

5.) Huh, never had that happen to me yet...or maybe it did and I didn't notice, lol.

6.) Yep.

7.) Haven't had it happen so far, thank god.

8.) Haven't really taken time to notice such differences, so can't comment.

9.) Yep.

10.) lol

11.) Fun, even if a little annoying due to the animation leaving you vulnerable.

12.) The fire rate is definitely much slower than previous versions given you having delayed fire due to having to pull the hammer back after each shot. Then again, I also found it hilariously lame how they worked in MW3 (or the Desert Eagle), with people being able to spam fire Akimbo .44 magnums like normal pistols, especially if you look at how a .44 magnum or Desert Eagle is in real life. You need to get into a good stance to aim lest the recoil knocks you on your ass, lol.

13.) Yeah.

14.) I think on Recruit and Regular, they never ADS (and yet, as you said, get pretty ridiculous kills), but on Hardened or Veteran, they do, I think. The difficulty level also affects their loadouts besides their programmed playstyles. Recruit and Regular usually have set-ups that only have the more basic default Perks, Attachments (usually none), and Streaks that any newer player has access to while Hardened and Veteran will have them with widely different Perks, Attachments, and Streaks that help, of course, make them harder to play against.

ShocKuMzzz

1) Which is why you don't see it used in TDM, KC, Cranked, etc. It's only effective in Search, where you have one life and only need to get 1-2 kills per round.

2) Would be fun. Although you can just use Cpt. Price, he looks western enough.

3) I have a love/hate relationship with snipers. I've been a sniper my entire cod life, and these snipers definitely are the worst of any game. The nerfs have made them unusable almost.

4) When you have the combat knife equipped as your only weapon the knifing action should be shorter. Not so much the going in for the kill but the recovery after the attack leaves you lingering for a split second. before you can attack again. It's your only weapon and it has a lot going against it, why can't you recover faster to get yourself out of danger quicker or move on to the next guy.

5) You are correct. I love the helo pilot as a streak, but it's dang hard to control it. Which is probably a good thing, because if it was easy, it'd be OP.

6) Interesting. I didn't think Scavenger replenished knives at all. I know it did in BO2, but I've never seen it happen in this game.

7) Yep, I've lost count of the care packages I've lost on top of buildings.

8) I actually love using the grip online. Accuracy is rewarded against real players, so anything that helps that is a-okay in my book.

9) I have noticed this as well. Care packages can be a-holes, often times giving you what you already have.

10) Squadmates in multiplayer are useless, but I'm glad you're racking up kills that way against bots! Haha

11) It is also possible online, if you know what you are doing.

12) The secondaries in this game are generally weak, so if it receives a buff, I think the rest of the pistols need one too.

13) I'm not sure how much this really affects me or anyone else, but sure.

14) It's hilarious.

ghamorra

ShocKuMzzz wrote:

10) Squadmates in multiplayer are useless, but I'm glad you're racking up kills that way against bots! Haha

In HC they're really tough. Their health doesn't get the HC nerf like players do. I think it's still around or 250-300 while yours is 40 (I think). With the Riot Shield and their infamous fast swap to their pistol you die so easily that you often have a hard time even landing a shot on them. It's hard to take a Squad Mate down.