19 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2014 9:36 PM by barolb RSS

R.I.P CoD on Wii

I don't know why, because I hate it, but Nintendo will close all the Wii's Wifi related stuff.

So no more CoD online on the Wii

• Re: R.I.P CoD on Wii
          BlackMetroid95

I wont miss it. MW3 and BO1 is hacked to all heck. I went on a week ago to find all my stats reset and i cant change my classes. At least now all those hackers will go outside and get some fresh air when the Wii internet is cut.

BobbyMcGee

they may just burst into flames...

nintendon't

BO1 was/is hacker free for the most part. You'll run into some hacked 15ths but that's it, otherwise it's still the G.O.A.T.

I'm indifferent to MW3 closing, to me it's like when you hear stories about sex offenders getting killed in prison..I mean yeah it's unfortunate someone got murdered...but the dude was a rapist!

bughunt

BO1 was more cheater free than MW3 but it was still pretty bad.  I've lost count of how many times I've had to restart a new profile due to being hopped by a crappy player who sucked even when cheating.  I know that the Almighty_Castiel hopped my secondary profile about 7 or 8 times just to "teach me a lesson" for beating him.  Bit of a give away when you receive an ally request and then get D/C'd moments later and return to find everything messed up.  The irony is that my stats always improved each time and were still better than his while he was cheating.

Anyway, expect the cheating to get worse over the coming weeks as people decide to just let rip.  People who want to revist the online for nostalgia and old times sake would be best sticking to private matches.  I have no doubt that there will be those who want to cause as much damage as they can before the chance is gone.

barolb

Nobody ever hopped me because my stats were so bad XD Even when i would piss people off, it still never resulted in me getting hopped. I got a freaken 5 headshot streak on people, back on Black Ops Wii, and nobody did a damn thing about it! Then for having played over 1,000 Mario Kart Wii races, i only encountered a script kiddy maybe once, so call my luck a blessing, maybe?

Between not carrying about Famas jerks and the overall "i don't give a crap" attitude i had towards my playstyle, and others made for a fairly enjoyable time online, most of the time.

A very, very, very long time ago there was a wee ignorant Barolb who hated the likes of script kiddies, and glitchers, ruining his fun on The Conduit. One day Barolb thought, "I will make a homebrew hack that will disable all homebrew hacks! Then if i want to be a jerk i'll cause script kiddies' Wiis to freeze, and maybe i'd do it to jerks too, but then i would be no better than those jerks". This thought left his mind many times, but did not end up on paper so readily. He ultimately decided to do it when he got a second Wii. Unfortunately, even to this day, he has not gotten his hands on one, so such a code would never be created by him. The end.

There is a code to nullify account hops though, if that's any consolation. And the "ignorant" part i think is self explanatory, which i may add i still do believe i'm an ignorant person. I, by no means believe i am otherwise.

BobbyMcGee

castiel's like "nnnnoooooooooooo!!!!!!"

WiimotesRus02

After everything that low life has said about me, he's the one who wiped out my account for beating him fair and square without having to camp, he was that easy to beat and I paid the price for it..

BobbyMcGee

i only connected my u through wii mode a few times cause i was unsure of what they could do, even though i doubt anything. that sh!t ruined blops1 for me.

WiimotesRus02

BobbyMcGee wrote:

i only connected my u through wii mode a few times cause i was unsure of what they could do, even though i doubt anything. that sh!t ruined blops1 for me.

Yeah well the idiot hacked me a few days before BO2 came out so in the end I wasn't bothered. Had he done it in the summer or earlier he would have achieved what he set out to do and pee'd me off. Failed again.

bughunt

Call me callous, but I’m actually happy about it.

All online games worth anything were infested with cheaters whose sole purpose seemed to either be grieving and destroying others for their own amusement, or acting as though they were pros.

Cod games on the Wii were destroyed to all hell and you became a target for account hoppers if you beat them.  I’ve lost numerous profiles due to this but thankfully was ahead of the curve and started using a disposable profile to preserve my *almost* 100% main.

Mario Kart was equally pointless to play.  Ever tried to compete in a clan war with cheaters who claim “lag” when they get caught?  WW matches were infested by people who will target the person who does well and just sit on them with hacked items to drain their stats.

What really makes this pathetic is the fact that there was a petition made by MKWii players to keep the servers on.  Some of the reasons in the comments were things like “the pros play MKWii” and one person even came right out complaining that he won’t be able to cheat anymore…

I get that there are people who like to go back and play the older games…but you don’t need the online portion to do that; Offline will still work as it always did, the difference being that the only person you would cheat is yourself…and what’s the fun in that, right?

The cheaters have had their reign.  Now it’s time for them to learn to play properly without training wheels and crutches or learn to deal with losing.  I happen to really enjoy being able to play online and know that it will be free of cheating and suspicion (not counting things like boosting, etc).

Anyway, hacks are like tampons: every pu55y needs them.  When they are forced to upgrade to the Wii U in order to play online it’s gonna be a bloodbath.

BobbyMcGee

/\this

BobbyMcGee

ali a is actually still doing vids on mariokart wii to this day. once 8 drops i think our numbers will skyrocket, its a must-have game.

bughunt

Agreed, MK8 should bring a big wave of players.  It may not help the numbers in past titles like we all hope, but it should boost player counts in future titles by a healthy amount.  MK8 at the very least is going to be densely populated.  I can see more players making an appearance in older games, though.

I've got my sights set firmly on MK8.  What I've seen of it so far is just incredible.  SSB4 is another one that I need to hurry up lol  Some amazing games on the Horizon, a great handful being Indie games, too.

Don't get me started on Zelda U...  Waiting feverishly for that is like having an itch that you can't scratch.

BobbyMcGee

bayonetta looks really good too.

bughunt

Bayonetta 2 has caught my eye, too.  It's one of those great games that bring something different to the table.  Going to add that little extra to my library of games.

But you should hear the whining and complaining from the fangirls, though.  All because it is now a Wii U exclusive.  Even JP Kellams has said that he's sick of the messages that he's getting from people about it.

He has made it clear that if it wasn't for Nintendo then Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist.  Nobody else stepped in to make it possible.

He has also recently picked up on a certain..."Nintendo hate"...about the whole thing and what the complaining is REALLY about.

http://nintendoeverything.com/platinumgames-creative-producer-talks-bayonetta-2- wii-u-exclusivity/

I spend a lot of time on Twitter seeing people get really angry, ‘Why is it not on PS3 and 360?’ Right? So kind of the way it went was, ‘Why do we have to buy a Wii U for one game? Why isn’t it on PS3 or 360?’ And now that the Xbox One and the PS4 are out, it’s ‘Why isn’t it on PS4 or Xbox One?’ So then it’s not about buying a piece of hardware, it’s just that you didn’t want it on the Wii U

I'll just leave it at that.

I'm looking at picking up this game.  To those that complain about it not being on their platform or simply not wanting it to be on Wii U...meh.  You were all quick to tell others to buy so and so platform if they want so and so game or so and so feature.  You're gonna need to get a Wii U or not play it.  Deal with it.

nintendon't

I never understood the Bayonetta 2 complaints. Where were all these people when the original sold like garbage on PS360?

barolb

Because it got a nice following from those who bought it, and it also caught more attention over the years. I played the first part of it on a friend's PS3, and i liked it. It had pretty good music too. Thanks to it being a Wii U exclusive, 2 good friends have bought and are looking to buy a Wii U just to play it In turn they both bought a couple games for the console too, including Super Mario 3D World, Sonic All Star Racing and Wonderful101 (and Wind Waker HD if you want to count it, as it was the WW bundle)

Unfortunately for me, Kamiya blocked me on twitter for asking about his criteria for who he considers to be an idiot, and the main reason why he blocks people. He didn't give me a proper answer though, which i would have at least considered to be a better parting gift than "Goodbye, guy" in Japanese >_>

I like being able to say to people "suck it, and deal with it". I haven't had to yet, but it makes me feel better knowing i can as they're then getting back to earth about being a consumer, and not a company's lapdog. "Your console sucks, these games should be on my console because mine is better" ~ I., gnoramus. I pity the fool who chooses to bring competitive consumer choices into a market where it does not benefit them directly!

BobbyMcGee

yeah ive been watching the hate grow for over a year now, truth be told i love it! they have plenty of there own exclusives.